Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 03:38:06 am

Poll

Should I make a uni journal

yes
no

Author Topic: ✧ J_Rho's VCE Journey ✧  (Read 58696 times)

J_Rho

• MOTM: MARCH 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +756
Re: ~ J_Rho's VCE Journey ~
« Reply #180 on: May 11, 2020, 11:03:05 am »
+12
term two, week four: finding my motivation again

11 May 2020

I'm finding my motivation again (touch wood), and I'm finally studying properly again. It only took a failed study timetable, an inspiring mentoring session and a cleanout of my bedroom to get me back into the swing of things. I have so little to report on like iso is so uneventful. On the 9th I meal prepped and made a lot of veggie soup, fruit salad, and banana oat biscuits and for Mothers day I made pancakes. ANDDD i found my old ebook reader which i haven't seen since like 2012. It still had charge and my CAS charger fits it and it has ALL the Harry Potter, Percy Jackson and Skulduggery Pleasant books on it! Reread the HP series for the 14th time in my life? YES PLEASE! Probably the most eventful thing since my last update haha!

Psychology:
So I'm up to Unit 4, but I don't really want to progress further without my class so at this stage I think I'm going to keep doing checkpoints, topic tests and questions from the Jacaranda and Oxford textbook (thanks for my illegal copies 2018 r/VCE). My teacher has made comments on my SAC and then I marked myself harshly against his comments. I think I'm going to be looking at 86% which I’m annoyed at but hopefully my actual mark is a little better! I made silly mistakes such as referring to the neutral stimulus as ringtone and then saying the conditioned stimulus was sound! If I hadn't messed up the last question I would have had time to read over my responses, but at least I got the 12 marker right! Let me know how you guys study for subjects like Psych!

Biology:
Still annoyed at my ranking but this is why I have finished Unit 3 so I can spend the next month studying for the SAC (I love my fellow classmates but fuck off this one's mine!). My class is so slow...they've spent 3 classes on 9A, which is IMO a little ridiculous cause it's a 15-minute video with 20 questions like I don't like complaining but its really annoying and when the teacher is like where are you up to and I'm like oh 9D he's like oh and then I get a disapproving look and sometimes told that its bad to work ahead like ohhhkaaaaayyy. I'm unsure of whether I should be doing checkpoints (would have to buy) to study for the sac or just do practice exams.... also are the AN Bio topic tests any good?

Further Maths:
I've finished Recursion and financial modelling and we haven't been told when the sac is so I'm going to do some checkpoints and my friend that graduated last year gave me her neap smart study exams which I am so so so grateful for. My teacher said we will probably get our SAC results end of next week at the earliest which is making me nervous like idk why I’m nervous like I did my best on the SAC but for some reason I don’t wanna see it? I hope hope hope I get above 95% but the pessimistic me reckons I’m going to get a 60 or 70%
How does everyone study for math sacs?????

English:
Pretty sure I cooked the LA SAC, but it's fine. Like i think I have a chance at a B but im not a hopeful person when it comes to results, so realistically i think im gonna get a C but i will not be surprised if i get an D+. On a better note, I'm not even trying not to toot my own horn but TOOT TOOT I'm fucking awesome at creative and presenting argument AND I'm already practising comparative essays (Ransom & The Queen) because we don't do comparative till term 4? I think? So I have so much time to get good at it. A+ grades from here on out? You fucking bet. I don't care if I have to write 100 essays I will get a god damn A+. Lowkey proud I've actually found the motivation to actually do stuff for English haha
Also my mentor has set me up with two uni students, one that did The Lieutenant and is a biomed student and the other is a global studies student and studied Station Eleven last year which I am SO grateful for.

Legal Studies:
The content is so chill I actually love it. I love walking into class and not having to use my MEGA BRAIN POWER to learn the content..hopefully U4 is just as chill (touch wood). The next SAC is on the 29th (not sure if it's online or in school) and I'm making content posters to put up in my room and a doing checkpoints. Are the AN Legal topic tests any good??? The resources for this subject are kinda limited which is a bit of a pain.

Monash Mentoring
My mentor is SO nice, she's set me up with some current uni students to tutor me in English that have studied the texts I'm doing which I'm lowkey nervous about and she's also happy to read over all the essays I've written this year and provide me with specific feedback and help me improve my essays overall. Also Monash has set up 'Connect with Monash' which is free, basically, you can join circles (kinda like FB groups) about things you might be interested in for me I'm in 5 circles; Paramedicine, Law, Applying through VTAC, Study Skills and Life at Monash. Within these circles you can ask questions of current students studying a course you might be interested in! You can sign up here

Extra curricular
So I've gotten two articles for VicSRC done, with 2 to go. My first article is being published on Thursday and you can find it on the Student Voice Hub. I'm also so close to finishing an article for ATARNotes which is neat as! and as you guys know, because I'm terrible at keeping secrets (wasn't supposed to tell till it was ready to launch), I'm developing a tutoring business...sounds weird calling it a business haha. But you aren't finding out any more until launch because I wasn't supposed to say anything. I also helped run training last week, my friend went through all the new jaws of life equipment and I did a very quick revision session on using a defib. I'm also helping @J_Wal with a very big and exciting project!

This Weeks Main To Do's
- Station Eleven Edrolo
- Ransom & The Queen Edrolo
- Analytical Essay - The Lieutenant
- Analytical Essay - Station Eleven
- Language Analysis Essay
- Comparative Essay - Ransom & The Queen
______
- Do 10 Financial Maths Checkpoints a day
______
- Do 10 Civil law checkpoints a day
______
- Do Diagnostic Bio Tests for AOS2
- Do 1 Bio U3 Exam
- Type up my essays for my mentor

Here's a punny conversation, hopefully it makes you laugh

HAPPY MONDAY!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 10:01:38 am by J_Rho »
— VCE —
English 30, Further Maths 33, Biology 33, Legal Studies 27, Psychology 32

— University —
Bachelor of Nursing @ Monash
Bachelor of Counselling & Psychological Science @ ACAP

s110820

• MOTM: April 20
  • QCE Moderator
  • Forum Obsessive
  • you'll be everything to the right someone
  • Respect: +151
Re: ~ J_Rho's VCE Journey ~
« Reply #181 on: May 11, 2020, 12:55:27 pm »
Hi J_Rho!

Long time no see but have you tried using the various topic tests and resources on TuteSmart? I was looking at those earlier today and I thought that it might be extremely beneficial for you and your studies :)

Have a great week and kind regards,

Darcy Dillon.
QUT 2021 - Bachelor of Education (Primary).

J_Rho

• Forum Leader
Re: ✧ J_Rho's VCE Journey ✧
« Reply #182 on: May 13, 2020, 12:17:07 pm »
+6
Mini Update:

Psych SAC Results
Okay so I just got my Psych result and I just want to cry. Like it probably the subject I care about the LEAST but I made so so so many silly mistakes and I got 82%. :'(
whats most annoying is that my friend had her textbook open and was texting me during the sac about how she knew nothing but it was fine cause she was just writing what was in the textbook and teachers say you're only cheating yourself but like its fucking annoying as! Like this friend does nothing, copies others assignments during the class its supposed to be handed in and scores better than me. oh well, she almost failed the first sac so like my ranking is better than hers.

Legal SAC Results
Imma go cry in the shower to make myself feel better, I studied so hard and yet I only came out with a 17/25 (68%) this was part B of AOS1 but it still sucks cause overall for AOS1 I've gotten 38/50 (76%). I'm trying to not let this get to me but I thought I would have done better, like legal is was one of my best subjects yet 17/25 is the lowest score I've gotten this year. I'm much better at civil so hopefully I can get a 100% if I study everyday till the 29th surely i can get at least a 97%

English Grade and Feedback - The Lieutenant Text Analysis SAC
So the grade I was told was C+ but didnt get my numerical score till today: 22.5/30 which is 75%
The feedback that I got was analysing deeper and expanding 2 sentence ideas into 4 or 5 sentence ideas so I'm going to do a page a day and analyse that page completely, cause I remember getting advice from someone on analysing the text one page at a time

on a positive note - I went to SES on Monday evening and we went an did a drive by happy birthday for some 9 year old boy, lights and sirens, and gave him a present and sung him happy birthday which was cute as
Oh and I'm still getting paid which I am SO RELIEVED about

Long time no see but have you tried using the various topic tests and resources on TuteSmart? I was looking at those earlier today and I thought that it might be extremely beneficial for you and your studies :)
Hey hey! I'm not with Tutesmart (super pricey) or do they offer resources that I'm not aware of...?

EDIT: Typo
« Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 02:40:57 pm by J_Rho »
— VCE —

— University —

s110820

• QCE Moderator
  • Forum Obsessive
  • you'll be everything to the right someone
« Reply #183 on: May 13, 2020, 12:28:04 pm »
+1
Hi J_Rho!

Yes, I have tried TuteSmart before but I definitely agree -- it's definitely too expensive for me to afford as I paid for my subscription with the job that I currently do not have any more. But I have just tried EdUnlimited and I think it's honestly so much better usability and functionality wise than TuteSmart! It's a lot cheaper too, so maybe you could use the various resources on EdUnlimited (the study guides, practice questions and text guides) to your advantage throughout your studies? It's just a suggestion but it has definitely helped me with my studies :)

Darcy Dillon.
QUT 2021 - Bachelor of Education (Primary).

J_Rho

• Forum Leader
« Reply #184 on: May 13, 2020, 12:50:28 pm »
+1
Hi J_Rho!

Yes, I have tried TuteSmart before but I definitely agree -- it's definitely too expensive for me to afford as I paid for my subscription with the job that I currently do not have any more. But I have just tried EdUnlimited and I think it's honestly so much better usability and functionality wise than TuteSmart! It's a lot cheaper too, so maybe you could use the various resources on EdUnlimited (the study guides, practice questions and text guides) to your advantage throughout your studies? It's just a suggestion but it has definitely helped me with my studies :)

Darcy Dillon.
EdUnlimited is very good, I had it for a while but i much prefer hardcopy books or at least being able to print things off (such as topic tests) and I've got some ATARnotes course notes and topic tests that got given to be by older friends so I did cancel my subscription. But I think I am definitely considering getting it again (when I get my job back) especially for the text guides and topic tests! Thanks for the suggestion I lowkey forgot EdUnlimited was a thing!
— VCE —

— University —

Chocolatemilkshake

• MOTM: JAN 21
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +371
« Reply #185 on: May 13, 2020, 01:09:39 pm »
+5
Okay so I just got my Psych result and I just want to cry. Like it probably the subject I care about the LEAST but I made so so so many silly mistakes and I got 82%. :'(
Hi J_Rho, this sucks so much (it's a shame your school doesn't have better policies or ways of regulating SACs at home). On a brighter note, 82 is not a bad score at all and you can be content with the fact that you got that score without cheating! As you already know, she'll do a lot worse on the exam and in general, what type of life habit is cheating? It doesn't set you up well for life at all.

It's great you've still got an income and you would have made that little boy so happy  ;D
Have a great week  8)
2021-2025: BMedSci/M.D @ Monash

eloisegrace

• Forum Obsessive
  • she/her ~ class of 2021
  • Respect: +264
« Reply #186 on: May 13, 2020, 06:09:27 pm »
+4
Don't worry too much about your sac results girl! Your drive and motivation come out in every post in this journal and I am sure you can still smash it!

With the cheating thing, I totally agree. I had a huge SAC for methods today and my friend texts me at the start of it asking how to do it, I just ignored it lol. And besides, the exams are pretty much the most important thing so cheating won't help for them :)
2020 - mathematical methods [42] | further mathematics [45]
2021 - english language [45] | chemistry [36] | french [33] | physical education [44]
ATAR - 98.75
my vce journey !
2022 - bachelor of commerce and bachelor of politics, philosophy and economics @ the australian national university

J_Rho

• Forum Leader
« Reply #187 on: May 21, 2020, 05:28:08 pm »
+10
┍━━━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ 𝕔𝕦𝕥𝕖 𝕥𝕚𝕥𝕝𝕖 𝕨𝕚𝕥𝕙 𝕟𝕠 𝕤𝕦𝕓𝕤𝕥𝕒𝕟𝕔𝕖 ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆━━━━━━┑

Welcome back for another week of 𝓾𝓼𝓮𝓵𝓮𝓼𝓼 𝓾𝓹𝓭𝓪𝓽𝓮𝓼 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓭𝓲𝓭𝓷𝓽 𝓪𝓼𝓴 𝓯𝓸𝓻™
This week we will be discussing ⓣⓞ ⓓⓞ ⓛⓘⓢⓣⓢ and 𝔰𝔞𝔠 𝔯𝔢𝔰𝔲𝔩𝔱𝔰 with you one and only host ᴊ ʀʜᴏ
with excessive use of ɟɐuɔʎ ɟouʇs we all know you really dont (っ◔◡◔)っ ♥ love ♥

Okay so this week has been more productive than last BUT I would not call it productive at all.
My week has been busy but not busy at the same time which has been a bit weird.
Since my last update, this is what happened:

Work
Still no work or indication of when its opening again and i no longer have an income because im not 18 yet

VICSES Youth Member Network Meeting
- Had a meeting with other juniors to try and develop a plan to improve youth membership within the service
- So my tasks are to create a poll to organise the next meeting and make user guide/profile for each member
and I'm also helping another member create a survey to try and judge the main issues that are being experienced

Monash Mentoring
- Went through some of my language analysis pieces with my mentor and she gave me some really helpful feedback
- I need to plan out what the topics for the next few sessions are going to be and PLAN AHEAD and look ahead so
I dont do what i did today! I have an upcoming legal sac but instead of doing legal revision with her we did English stuff! But like the English stuff was 110% helpful though and eng is my worst subject soooo....
- Had a tutoring session for the lieutenant with a current Monash student which was SO HELPFUL and am supposed to have one with another Monash mentor for Station 11 tomorrow which im nervous about cause like my class has JUST started theme work for S11

SAC Results
 - Got my data analysis sac back and I'm lowkey annoyed at myself because I lost 6 marks....2 of which could have been EASILY avoided but no, I'm just stupid hehexd (34/40)
- Still waiting on my language analysis sac results....10/10 believe imma get a E or some shit

School and Upcoming assesments
- Have a legal sac first week back at school (29th May) and its a hour AND ITS OUT OF 50 MARKS fml
- bio sac was supposed to be in 3 weeks. class is useless so its been pushed back another 2 weeks
- Creative sac is in 4 or 5 weeks all i know is that its on my birthday week
- psychology teacher wont tell us when out next sac is which is A N N O Y I N G
Overall school is average, im just chilling and i c a n n o t wait to go baaaaaaack wooop woooop

To Do
- Make sure I'm up to date with everything
- Start integrating spaced repetition into my study
- chill and prep for school next week

Don't worry too much about your sac results girl! Your drive and motivation come out in every post in this journal and I am sure you can still smash it!

With the cheating thing, I totally agree. I had a huge SAC for methods today and my friend texts me at the start of it asking how to do it, I just ignored it lol. And besides, the exams are pretty much the most important thing so cheating won't help for them :)
Hi J_Rho, this sucks so much (it's a shame your school doesn't have better policies or ways of regulating SACs at home). On a brighter note, 82 is not a bad score at all and you can be content with the fact that you got that score without cheating! As you already know, she'll do a lot worse on the exam and in general, what type of life habit is cheating? It doesn't set you up well for life at all.

It's great you've still got an income and you would have made that little boy so happy  ;D
Have a great week  8)

Thank you for your support lovelies ♥
I hope you all have had a cruisy week!

┕━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┙
« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 08:20:49 pm by J_Rho »
— VCE —

— University —

J_Rho

• Forum Leader
« Reply #188 on: May 25, 2020, 05:27:43 pm »
+9
term two, week 6: Who cares if it's only been 4 days since my last update

Welcome back to 𝓾𝓼𝓮𝓵𝓮𝓼𝓼 𝓾𝓹𝓭𝓪𝓽𝓮𝓼 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓭𝓲𝓭𝓷𝓽 𝓪𝓼𝓴 𝓯𝓸𝓻™ edition #110

My weekend so far has basically involved no school work and I'm feeling kinda good about that. It's been kinda good to not do school work but at the same time I'm like I NEED TO BE SUPER PREPARED LIKE AS PREPARED AS POSSIBLE SO THEN I CAN FEEL SO ORGANISED AND TOGETHER AND PRETEND LIKE MY LIFE IS SO ORRRRRRGANIIIISED. AND NOT ONLY SCHOOL WORK PREPARED BUT LIKE MFKN SPA DAY AT HOME SO THEN I CAN WAKE UP TOMORROW FEELING LIKE A BRAND NEW FKN PERSON.  because maybe, just maybe I'll find the motivation to so a practice sac to prepare for my legal sac on Friday, because i was supposed to do this practice sac like 4 days ago and, its still sitting, on my desk, starting at me, as i continue, to put it off.

So today I had allocated time where I would spend working on regions for my legal sac.....I instead baked 2 types of muffins (apple + cinnamon and blueberry) and vanilla cupcakes. I am also in the process of par boiling potatoes because I decided that dinner is going to be roast potato, peas and carrot and gravy.

is my sac in 4 days? yes. should i be studying? yes am i studying? no. but thinking about it now im like F*******************K so am i going to cram (is it called cramming if its 4 days b4??) every day and neglect my other subjects? you fkn bet!

I've done at least one SAC for all my subjects and I'm just going to chuck down the cute little table i made to motivate me to do better each time. ofc my goal for all my next sacs is to score 100% but im not going to expect 100% cause sometimes i feel that the difference btwn a 95% and a 100% is luck to an extent. I actually find a source of motivation from this table as i have what the table currently looks like and then another picture of what the table would look like if i got 100% on all of my next sacs because i think we all know that really good feeling of scoring highly on something (and i know study scores are not calculated by average sac mark that is just my inspiration and motivation to maintain and average as close to 100% as i can get)
Where I'm At
Where I wanna be

Okay so school goes back tomorrow and I'm pretty excited but like also nervous cause like I set a goal at the start of iso to exercise everyday and I haven't done that so I'm feeling really self-conscious about my body which is lovely. we all love that. the lesson plan for psych says "students apply AOS2 knowledge to exam-style questions" and we are all like....ummmm is it as sac? is it a test? is it a worksheet? WHAT IS IT!!!! So lowkey stressed about that but like its fiiiiiiiiiiiiiine. I'm pretty sure im up to date with all my subjects so I'm not too worried i just need to stay determined and motivated to push through and end this term on a high because i have like a sac for every subject before the end of term so i gotta do my mf best and like term 2 is basically the last legit term like term 3 is basically finishing u4 and term 4 is revision so like hahahhahaha halp!

tl;dr - im going to only be on here to post questions on the TYU threads (which I've failed as so fucking bad - who knew putting up weekly questions for 2 subjects could be so time consuming?) and I'll be back at the end to the term ish
— VCE —

— University —

J_Rho

• Forum Leader
« Reply #189 on: May 30, 2020, 04:05:41 pm »
+8
Mini Update
I've well and truly fallen off the discipline and productivity bandwagon. I feel swamped with schoolwork and I'm in a constant state of tiredness and on top of that, I've got a cold which meant that I missed my legal sac and slept for 14 hours and then napped most of Friday and today, and I'm still exhausted. going back to school has tbh been great but also shit cause now i feel very stressed and very worn out. Plus I feel horrible I've fallen slack on the Test Your understanding and LA Club threads😭. Iso felt like summer holidays except you HAD to do school work. I have so much to do but no energy to do it. But I might do Chloe Tings 4 Week Summer Shred tho... maybe exercise will help me feel better. And that's the end of my update! Adios :)
— VCE —

— University —

brothanathan

« Reply #190 on: May 30, 2020, 04:31:26 pm »
+6
Mini Update
I've well and truly fallen off the discipline and productivity bandwagon. I feel swamped with schoolwork and I'm in a constant state of tiredness and on top of that, I've got a cold which meant that I missed my legal sac and slept for 14 hours and then napped most of Friday and today, and I'm still exhausted. going back to school has tbh been great but also shit cause now i feel very stressed and very worn out. Plus I feel horrible I've fallen slack on the Test Your understanding and LA Club threads😭. Iso felt like summer holidays except you HAD to do school work. I have so much to do but no energy to do it. But I might do Chloe Tings 4 Week Summer Shred tho... maybe exercise will help me feel better. And that's the end of my update! Adios :)

Hey J_Rho, please don't feel so bad for yourself. I've failed miserably in pursuing my targets this year. But I've come to understand myself more as a learner and how fatuous my fallacies have been (this literally denotes how lost I was or am lol). On a positive note, what you did for the kid's 9 year old birthday was very sweet and must have felt very rewarding in these times we're in. I'm sure he's gonna remember it for a lifetime! :)

Definitely get on that exercise plan, it defs will help you build up some consistently.

Don't give up J Rho! We believe in you! Prove them wrong :D
« Last Edit: May 30, 2020, 04:36:58 pm by brothanathan »

Geoo

• MOTM: DEC 19
  • Forum Leader
  • Class of 2020
  • Respect: +685
« Reply #191 on: May 30, 2020, 05:12:26 pm »
+6
Mini Update
Don't be so hard on yourself! I know that is easier to say than do, but take a breather. The tiredness and the cold aren't helping, and your body can only do so much. Be kind you self and just pace your way through. Have you spoken to the teacher about the legal SAC? Can you retake it?
The test your understand and LA Club is amazing additions to the forums, but your health and VCE come first, you'll have more time to do them as time goes on. I hope you start to feel better soon, and I also hope that you find some energy! Thanks for the mini update .
2020: VCE 93.2
2022: BSci/Arts (Chemistry/Pharmacology and French)@Monash

J_Rho

• Forum Leader
« Reply #192 on: June 07, 2020, 09:30:08 pm »
+10
Update:
This week started shit and ended pretty good.
I was sick and didn't go to school Monday - Wednesday, Thursday I had a Psych SAC and Friday was chill. I went to Fountain Gate to get some clothes for my 18th party and then went out again to a different place to do grocery shopping and i also got an Instax Mini 11 which i thought would be cute for my party. Tomorrow I plan on doing a heap of study for legal, as I have the sac after school on Tuesday which I'm hella nervous for )':

I bought two tops cause I couldn't decide which one to get (oop), and now idk what 'colour theme' to go with for the balloons, because idk if emerald and rose gold go together PLUS i have heaps of silver jewellery, so like maybe i go with silver BUT rose gold is very cute colour. My folks have been really good like my mum esp has been like yeah whatever and theres no rules like "dont go in the house" etc which I'm surprised about tbh.

Now onto the fun stuff - school.

Legal
Okay so as aforementioned have a Legal SAC on Tuesday. Was sick from Friday - Wednesday and Thursday and Friday I was still pretty wiped out and went to bed at 6 pm and didn't get much studying done, so alas I have right now and tomorrow to work with.
I am going to revise my notes tonight and in the morning and then do a practice sac and mark it, do some revision on my weak areas and do some checkpoints and do a quizlet or something.

English
I also got my LA SAC mark, which I thought would AT LEAST be a C+ (my tutor estimated a B) but NO i got a fucking C and I'm furious. enough said. at this point, if i don't get an A+ on my creative I'm gonna give up. im already *this* close haha.

Maths
Okay so like, I've done no maths in like a month and the sac is in like 2 weeks hehe xd gotta get my shit together

Psych
I really do not care for this subject atm. the sac was wack asf and memory and learning sucks.

Bio
Only subject that I like. teacher is good, ppl are good, content is good, grades are good but like need to revise for the sac that's in like 11 days.

Don't be so hard on yourself! I know that is easier to say than do, but take a breather. The tiredness and the cold aren't helping, and your body can only do so much. Be kind you self and just pace your way through. Have you spoken to the teacher about the legal SAC? Can you retake it?
The test your understand and LA Club is amazing additions to the forums, but your health and VCE come first, you'll have more time to do them as time goes on. I hope you start to feel better soon, and I also hope that you find some energy! Thanks for the mini update .
Hey J_Rho, please don't feel so bad for yourself. I've failed miserably in pursuing my targets this year. But I've come to understand myself more as a learner and how fatuous my fallacies have been (this literally denotes how lost I was or am lol). On a positive note, what you did for the kid's 9 year old birthday was very sweet and must have felt very rewarding in these times we're in. I'm sure he's gonna remember it for a lifetime! :)

Definitely get on that exercise plan, it defs will help you build up some consistently.

Don't give up J Rho! We believe in you! Prove them wrong :D
Thank you for your kind words Geoo and brothanathan! When I read this last week I started crying, your support really means a lot ❤️
— VCE —

— University —

w0lfqu33n89

• Trendsetter
  • This is my text until I find another poetic quote
« Reply #193 on: June 09, 2020, 10:54:26 am »
+6
Update:
 I went to Fountain Gate to get some clothes for my 18th party and then went out again to a different place to do grocery shopping and i also got an Instax Mini 11 which i thought would be cute for my party. 

I bought two tops cause I couldn't decide which one to get (oop), and now idk what 'colour theme' to go with for the balloons, because idk if emerald and rose gold go together PLUS i have heaps of silver jewellery, so like maybe i go with silver BUT rose gold is very cute colour. My folks have been really good like my mum esp has been like yeah whatever and theres no rules like "dont go in the house" etc which I'm surprised about tbh.

Hey J_Rho!

Happy Birthday (whenever that may be!...welcome to adulthood!)
That instax will be such a cute idea to get some polaroids for your birthday!
I like the emerald and rose gold idea, have you thought about maybe adding white as well to soften it maybe? Maybe have a look on Pinterest for some inspiration or the look if anyone has done it before.
Hope the party is fun!
- Lex xx

J_Rho

• Forum Leader
« Reply #194 on: June 11, 2020, 08:41:18 pm »
+14
Update: i wanna be 🚨 aMbOlanCe 🚨

ok so i've been thinking about what imma do after year 12 and i know i want to continue volunteering for vicses, and swim teaching and i think im set on becoming a paramedic. but like getting into ambulance victoria is competitive asf and i really dont want to do st johns but one of my friends is an ambulance community officer which i found out i can do! ACO's get paired with a paramedic or two aco's respond to the same job as a paramedic and the acos do the paramedics job until they get there. point of it is that rural areas dont have ambos in every town but still need god response times and to help ppl in a timely fashion so in short ACO's do the volunteer version of a paramedics job which is cool as AND i can apply in 6 days. The process of becoming qualified is lengthy but it sounds so cool and im sure it'll make me way more qualified to get into AV! cert 2 in Medical practice and 100 hours of training? sure?
I'm actually keen to apply and see if i can get in and its making me motivated to do better in school but at the same time its also making me feel like of its fine theres roundabout ways to do it but no Monash is legit the only credible uni imo that provides paramedicine and i gotta get in the median atar this year was 85 so 90+ atar here i come!!

tl;dr - applying to be an ambulance community officer and im keen to see if i can get in

Hey J_Rho!

Happy Birthday (whenever that may be!...welcome to adulthood!)
That instax will be such a cute idea to get some polaroids for your birthday!
I like the emerald and rose gold idea, have you thought about maybe adding white as well to soften it maybe? Maybe have a look on Pinterest for some inspiration or the look if anyone has done it before.
Hope the party is fun!
- Lex xx
Hey Lex!
Thank you for the reply it means a lot!!
I've looked at Pinterest and i think imma go with rosegold and white/clear balloons and wear my emerald green top.
My birthday is next Wednesday which is crazy as it feels like yesterday i was like "in 5 years i can get my learners" and its been like 7-8 years since then its crazy as!!!
— VCE —

— University —