Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 17, 2024, 02:20:55 am

Author Topic: HSC English (Paper 2) - 18/10/19 - Discussion, Questions & Potential Solutions  (Read 10017 times)

worldno1

• Trailblazer
hmm, not so sure because the stimulus did say to continue it, however, if the markers realize that a lot of people have done this mistake and don't lament yourself because I know a lot of people who did , then im pretty sure they will scale or be lenient whilst marking.

I don't know because I also rephrased bits from the extract and added it into my story. Also it seems like a lot of people used the 'book' metaphorically? Which is what I did too.

elania2171

• Adventurer
I don't know because I also rephrased bits from the extract and added it into my story. Also it seems like a lot of people used the 'book' metaphorically? Which is what I did too.

Same... to continue from the extract, I used the book as a metophorical 'past' of my character and kept referring to it as a 'bad chapter' in his life. There was no setting in the extract - or even character names - so 'continuing' on from it is a very light term...see attachment (someone gave it to me)..

worldno1

• Trailblazer
Same... to continue from the extract, I used the book as a metophorical 'past' of my character and kept referring to it as a 'bad chapter' in his life. There was no setting in the extract - or even character names - so 'continuing' on from it is a very light term...see attachment (someone gave it to me)..
Yeah, I did something metaphorical like you. I mean, nothing we can do about it anymore. Let's move on!

Shahddh272

• Fresh Poster
Yeah, I did something metaphorical like you. I mean, nothing we can do about it anymore. Let's move on!

Lol this was ages ago now but my teacher is a marker for adv mod c and he said that markers are looking for people to continue the extract by using aspects of the text... overall he said they where marking the piece quite leniently and the reflection harsh...