Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 24, 2024, 07:31:55 pm

Author Topic: Re-applying in 2018  (Read 1447 times)  Share 

abbeyrose

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +27
Re-applying in 2018
« on: January 17, 2018, 12:17:51 am »
Hi guys,
I've received an offer for a Bachelor of Arts at Monash Uni, which I've deferred due to taking a gap year for personal reasons. Initially, I had planned on doing a BA for a year before (obviously providing that my WAM permitted me to) transferring into Law/Arts. I have since decided that I don't think this is the path that I want to take and instead I have decided I want to study Arts/Education at Monash. However, I haven't included it in my VTAC preferences, nor have I taken the CASPer test as required. So, even if I wanted to, I can't change my preferences to suit this. What I was wondering is, is it possible for me to take the CASPer test sometime this year and then re-apply for this course through VTAC later this year? Considering the ATAR requirements for Arts and Arts/Education are the same, I don't see my ATAR to be much of an issue. Also, if I do apply for another course, do I get un-enrolled from the course I have deferred (meaning there's a possibility I won't be offered a place in Arts/Education, and then not have Arts to back me up?)?

My only other option, from what I can see, is doing a BA for a year and then transferring across but I'd really like to know what my options were before doing this. I'm utterly confused and a little stressed right now, so any insight or knowledge would be of great help to me. Thank you in advance!  :)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 12:21:07 am by abbeyrose »
2016-2017 (VCE): English, Legal Studies, Further Maths, HHD, Psychology, History: Global Empires
2019-: Monash University

Glasses

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Disclaimer: I wear contact lenses now.
  • Respect: +186
Re: Re-applying in 2018
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2018, 12:57:53 am »
+3
Hi guys,
I've received an offer for a Bachelor of Arts at Monash Uni, which I've deferred due to taking a gap year for personal reasons. Initially, I had planned on doing a BA for a year before (obviously providing that my WAM permitted me to) transferring into Law/Arts. I have since decided that I don't think this is the path that I want to take and instead I have decided I want to study Arts/Education at Monash. However, I haven't included it in my VTAC preferences, nor have I taken the CASPer test as required. So, even if I wanted to, I can't change my preferences to suit this. What I was wondering is, is it possible for me to take the CASPer test sometime this year and then re-apply for this course through VTAC later this year? Considering the ATAR requirements for Arts and Arts/Education are the same, I don't see my ATAR to be much of an issue. Also, if I do apply for another course, do I get un-enrolled from the course I have deferred (meaning there's a possibility I won't be offered a place in Arts/Education, and then not have Arts to back me up?)?

My only other option, from what I can see, is doing a BA for a year and then transferring across but I'd really like to know what my options were before doing this. I'm utterly confused and a little stressed right now, so any insight or knowledge would be of great help to me. Thank you in advance!  :)

I'm 99.9% sure you'll be able to do this :)
I know people who have taken a gap year and decided to apply for different courses afterwards, and they haven't had any issues. Assuming you take the CASPer Test this year (and get the required result), you should be all good!
2015 - 2016 (VCE): Psychology, Religion & Society, Legal Studies, Business Management, Literature and English
2017 - Present: Bachelor of Laws (Honours)/Arts (Criminology & Psychology) @ Monash University

Aug 2016 - Sep 2018: VIC State Moderator

abbeyrose

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +27
Re: Re-applying in 2018
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2018, 07:55:24 pm »
I'm 99.9% sure you'll be able to do this :)
I know people who have taken a gap year and decided to apply for different courses afterwards, and they haven't had any issues. Assuming you take the CASPer Test this year (and get the required result), you should be all good!

Thank you for this!  :)
2016-2017 (VCE): English, Legal Studies, Further Maths, HHD, Psychology, History: Global Empires
2019-: Monash University