Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 06:04:52 pm

Author Topic: Does anyone have a planner for the Cambridge Methods 1/2 book?  (Read 1579 times)  Share 

abcedfg38

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Hi, I’m currently not doing Methods 1/2 but I’d like to look at the content. I have the book however I’m extremely lost on where to start. Does anyone have a school planner that tells you what work you should complete every week? Or does anyone just have recommendations on where to start and how many questions to do each chapter? Theoretically I should start from chapter 1 but a lot of the later chapters is simpler and correlate with earlier chapters.

Thanks

mabajas76

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +13
Re: Does anyone have a planner for the Cambridge Methods 1/2 book?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2021, 02:09:57 am »
Multiple ways of going about this:
Look at the study design, it is super messy for math and makes about 0 sense but does give a general indication.
Each school does it differently, but In my opinion do the chapters in order 1 and 2 and 3, do chapter 4, 5, 6,7(optional) 13,14 (this stuff kinda comes up in the next topic of calc), 15,16,17,18,19,20,21, 9, 10, 11 (ignore the revision chapters).
So as u can see, the text book is pretty much in order, the probability and stats stuff do whenever but for the most part, the order of the chapter is good. Although, without a methods teacher and with other subjects, some of the stuff in here will be very hard unless u r like really good at math (I am rank one in cohort but yet to really listen to my teacher, may have to start tho chap 13 is hard :(  )
"Don't give up, and don't put too much effort into things that don't matter"-Albert Einstein, probably.

ijen

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: +2
Re: Does anyone have a planner for the Cambridge Methods 1/2 book?
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2021, 04:41:17 pm »
+1
Hi,

I can give you my school's planner for unit 1&2. Numbers are the chapters eg. 1 - linear equations. And letters are the sub-chapters within eg. 1c - simultaneous equations.
Chapters:
1abcdef
2abcdefgh
3abcdefghijkl
4abcde
5abcdefgh
6abcdefghij
7abcd
9abcdefg
14abcdefghijklmno
13abdcefgh
16abcde
17abcdfg
20, 18, 21 (don't have required sub-chapters for 20,18 and 21 yet)
Seems like a weirdly random order but that's what they gave us. Within each chapter you should complete most or all of the questions from each sub-chapter. For reference, we just started chapter 14.