Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 17, 2024, 09:07:36 am

Author Topic: How exactly do SACs affect your study score?  (Read 1404 times)  Share 

Samueliscool223

• Forum Regular
  • jjjjj
  • Respect: -5
How exactly do SACs affect your study score?
« on: February 02, 2021, 10:58:42 pm »
I dont think anyones ever properly explained this to me, cus im a bit confused as to how they influence SS. Is it just the ranking that matters, or does the actual percentage matter? Say if you got 90 percent average for your sacs and were ranked 1st, does vcaa assume youve scored 100% in all your sacs just because youre first, or something along those lines? thanks

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
Re: How exactly do SACs affect your study score?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2021, 12:16:35 am »
+2
I dont think anyones ever properly explained this to me, cus im a bit confused as to how they influence SS. Is it just the ranking that matters, or does the actual percentage matter? Say if you got 90 percent average for your sacs and were ranked 1st, does vcaa assume youve scored 100% in all your sacs just because youre first, or something along those lines? thanks
It is the ranking that matters not the actual percentage.

VCAA gets your sac scores however they use your sac rank+ your cohorts performance on the exam to scale sacs accordingly. That is to make sure sacs between schools can be compared.

This is a useful post that will explain it in a little bit more detail