Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 02:06:10 pm

Author Topic: Small Class  (Read 1501 times)  Share 

ally1784

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
Small Class
« on: December 22, 2020, 02:36:43 pm »
Guys as an example let's say in your cohort there is only one class/few people doing History Revolutions. Is it bad that there is a small class for that subject? Does this affect your score?

K888

• VIC MVP - 2017
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +2877
Re: Small Class
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2020, 07:49:21 pm »
+5
Guys as an example let's say in your cohort there is only one class/few people doing History Revolutions. Is it bad that there is a small class for that subject? Does this affect your score?
I think I had maybe 9 people in my Revolutions class when I was in VCE, and I got a study score of 45. Having a small class meant my teacher got to spend more time with each person and had more time to read more practice responses. It also meant the people studying it were actually interested in it which made class heaps better (compared to doing a subject where half the class isn't interested in the slightest). If anything, having a small class boosted my score.

The Cat In The Hat

• MOTM: NOV 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Do all to the glory of God. - 1 Corinthians 10:31
  • Respect: +344
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2020, 10:35:50 pm »
+3
I actually had this case (three students doing Revs) and the teacher cross-marked with a couple of other schools (I never even knew what they were or how they went - the only time I had any idea was a freaky SAC where I got the second highest mark in the cohort). I don't think it affects your score.
VCE 20
HHD MM Revs (F/R) Eng T&T
ATAR 85
Uni 21-24: BNursing/BMidwifery @ Deakin
Y1T2:
HNM102
HNN122 (double)
HNN114
I hope I don't fail....
Listens to Amira Willighagen and Alma Deutscher and a little Marjolein Acke
~English - PM for P&P/creatives help~
Creative excerpts
Nur/Mid uni journal

For Narnia and for Aslan!

she/her

Basically inactive now. May change. Have a nice day.

Mackenzie Aps

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2021, 09:11:35 pm »
I believe it does, a subject in our school only had 2 people doing. One obviously ranked first and got the highest mark SS49, the other obviously ranked second and got SS of 41, even though they did fairly poorly in SACS through the year. How is that fair.

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2021, 11:07:32 pm »
+4
I believe it does, a subject in our school only had 2 people doing. One obviously ranked first and got the highest mark SS49, the other obviously ranked second and got SS of 41, even though they did fairly poorly in SACS through the year. How is that fair.
the sacs could've been difficult and there good performance on the exam could've boosted those SACs up.

Also, usually if there are less than 5 students in a cohort they are combined with other cohorts from other schools.