Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 12:48:18 pm

Poll

i hope u hv a great day :)

~
0 (0%)
~
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 24, 2020, 06:19:41 pm

Author Topic: Eloise's slightly cHaOTic journey through VCE !  (Read 27396 times)

homeworkisapotato

• MOTM: Aug 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +288
Re: el's vce journey :)
« Reply #60 on: October 07, 2020, 03:21:34 pm »
+6
Hey El!! Super excited when I saw your update :D

Thank you so much for reading my journal and ALWAYS updating 🥰. Your positivity and comment really did make my day and help motivate me. I wish you the best for biology and I am certain you will get 45+, heck even a 50! 8)
I'm happy I helped and thank you sooo much, your comment means so much to me <3

You're doing AMAZING in Methods and Further (unsurprisingly) and your 1/2 subjects too! Great job on the chem and english language assessments, getting those marks is no easy feat! Don't worry too much about not having motivation for French, when school opens up I'm sure you'll become motivated again. I hate the GAT as well, and I hope the GAT went great today!

Great journal update, looking forward to the next one <3
2020: Biology [43]
2021: Methods, Chemistry, HHD, English, Further
Selective School Entry Tips

eloisegrace

• MOTM: April 20
  • Forum Obsessive
  • she/her ~ class of 2021
  • Respect: +264
« Reply #61 on: October 22, 2020, 09:49:31 pm »
+10
ashmi 🥰
Hey El!!🥰

Great to see a journal update🤩

Exam 2 is so much FUN!🥰 Sometimes, I just laugh at the funny questions they have in the extended response. [It is so exaggerated and I love it. Take the time to appreciate it]. I'm the opposite, please teach me your ways for E1 :o. You are doing a terrific job so far and don't worry, you can only go up from here.
Don't spam the practice exams and really understand. Like REALLY understand what you are doing. It will make your life so much easier I promise!

Also, amazing progress with all of your subjects El! You are doing a fantastic job and keep up the great work ;D. Don't worry too much about the GAT, I'm sure everything will work out in the end 8)

Thanks for the journal update El and good luck for the GAT tomorrow! I know you will smash it and be totally fine 8)
Thank u so much for reading this ash, it truly made my day! I am really trying to take your methods exam 2 advice on board, its something I need to do with the exam in less than a month!

potato🥔
Hey El!! Super excited when I saw your update :D
I'm happy I helped and thank you sooo much, your comment means so much to me <3

You're doing AMAZING in Methods and Further (unsurprisingly) and your 1/2 subjects too! Great job on the chem and english language assessments, getting those marks is no easy feat! Don't worry too much about not having motivation for French, when school opens up I'm sure you'll become motivated again. I hate the GAT as well, and I hope the GAT went great today!

Great journal update, looking forward to the next one <3
Hey homeworkisapotato, thankyou so much for always reading and replying to my journal, I do appreciate it. ❤️❤️

Hello, it's me again!
Hello Everyone! Here is another journal update :)

One thing that I am super excited to tell you all about is that I have been elected as one of the 3 School Captains of my school! Technically I am one of the Vice Captains lmao but we get referred to as school captains so yay. This whole process has been a lot, with a portfolio, speech and 3 separate interviews. I am super excited to be inducted into my new role and I really hope we have a slightly more "normal" year next year!

Another thing is that I had my trial exams! They went pretty well overall so I'll give a bit of details below:

Further Exam 1
The exam was pretty easy. I chose the networks module as it seemed more straightforward than linear and that was a good choice. I finished with almost an hour to spare so go me!
Result: 38/40 (cries two stupid mistakes :'()

Further Exam 2
This exam was also pretty easy. Again finished with a while to spare so I just checked over my answers lol
Result: 60/60 (yayyyyy!!!!)

Methods Exam 1
Pretty easy exam with a couple of questions with some odd answers. Finished with maybe 20 minutes to spare so pretty on par with usual.
Result: 38/40 (whooo! go eloise :)))

Methods Exam 2
The multiple-choice section was good, skipped a few questions as I felt like they were taking a while. The extended response wasn't too bad but that last couple pf parts of each question were really hard. Also, there was a probability question that I left couldn't decipher haha
Result: 62/80 (19/20 for MCQ and 43/60 for ER ooft)

The last thing that has been going on was the GAT! 3 hours of torture basically but there were some good mems coming out of it AHHAH. I think I did well on the writing sections and not too bad on the Maths/Science MCQ, but I kinda guessed half the Arts/Hums questions because comprehension is DEFINITELY my weakness.

Nothing else is happening but I hope you all enjoyed this update :) Reminder that you are loved and that you bring something special to this world🥰
2020 - mathematical methods [42] | further mathematics [45]
2021 - english language [45] | chemistry [36] | french [33] | physical education [44]
ATAR - 98.75
my vce journey !
2022 - bachelor of commerce and bachelor of politics, philosophy and economics @ the australian national university

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
« Reply #62 on: October 23, 2020, 09:49:11 am »
+5
Congratulations!

Yeah I think "pretty well" might be a slight understatement on your mock exams :D Congrats on your progress so far!

Methods ER is a bit ooft compared to your other scores but it is also the harder part so kinda makes sense; don't forget that 43/60 is still over 70%

One small piece of advice: if you're finishing super early and the marks you're losing are due to silly mistakes it might be worth trying intentionally slowing down and seeing if that helps.

Love the wholesome vibes!

homeworkisapotato

• Forum Leader
« Reply #63 on: October 23, 2020, 09:55:38 am »
+6
Hey el! Oh my god, you're doing AMAZINGLY well! I second Bri that 'pretty well' is definitely an understatement.  Don't worry about Methods ER, you have time to work on it so I'm sure that you'll improve. Extra well done with FM 2 and Methods 1 exams, those are amazing scores.

All the best with exam revision and looking forward to the next update!

eloisegrace

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #64 on: December 18, 2020, 08:07:11 pm »
+5
"Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 30 days. Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic" yeah yeah I know don't need to remind me 😂

eloisegrace updating her journal weekly? Never heard of her...

Hey guys!! I hope that everyone has been doing well! These past 6 weeks have probably been some of the busiest in my life so I hope I can recap them well for you all 👍🏻

First up - 3/4 Exams
Oh gosh, 3/4 exams. I was nervous but quietly confident for these exams. I put in a lot of effort in preparation. I did 89 practice exams over 2 subjects, alongside work for my 1/2s and other things. But coming closer to these exams I became more and more nervous. I was still occasionally making silly mistakes in further. There were questions in methods that I could not understand the solutions too. I have some regrets in my revision and year in general in terms of studies, but I won't go into those now.

Further Exam 1
This was my first VCAA Exam and probably the best of my 4 exams. I got through the exam in about 40 minutes which gave me a lot of time to go through my answers. However, there was one Networks questions which was really hard. I think I got the answer correct (I haven't checked the solutions for the best for me), but it definitely scared me. Overall, I found the exam was different to VCAAs usual further exam style which threw me off a bit.

Further Exam 2
Felt decently confident going into this after a pretty good exam 1. The exam felt longer than usual and again felt like it was different to VCAAs usual further exam style. I could see tricks and loopholes but again i finished with lots of time to spare to ensure that I didn't make any silly mistakes. But I did. I minimised instead of maximised. Yes this question was only worth 1 mark but that basically crushes my hope for a 50. Now I am really not certain in my answers but I am not looking at suggested solutions to keep me slightly calm before Dec 30

Methods Exam 1
Not going to lie I was pretty excited for this exam. I was performing very well on most of my practice exams and felt confident going into it. But then I opened the paper. VCAA, what the actual hell was that paper. I furiously finished the parts that I knew felt confident doing (spoiler, not a whole lot), and then worked through the rest of the paper. That was definitely the most difficult exam I did. I cam out of it and had a good rant with my friends and made some hilarious TikToks. That night, I just cried and cried because I felt that all of hard work throughout the year had gone to waste.

Methods Exam 2
After exam 1, I really didn't know what to expect. To be honest I dont remember much however I did find it pretty decent and better than a lot of the practice exams. Multiple Choice were WACK though and I think I lost most of my marks from them even though I usually full marked them.

I predict that I will get a 44 for further and a 38 for methods, which is a little bit lower than I hoped but I hope my 3/4s next year will push me over the line to get a good ATAR!

1/2 Exams
I really didn't do much study for these exams but they were all pretty expected. I got an A for French and an A+ for English Language and Chemistry which I was super duper happy about 😆😆.

Head Start
I had head-start in the last week of school! I am pretty excited about my subjects, especially PE which I am pretty sure will be my favourite subject throughout next year. I have good teachers for all of my subjects and they didn't give me too much holiday homework which is always a plus😊

That's all for this update! Thanks for reading after my little disappearance and I am so so grateful for the AN community for supporting me during these times💙
2021 - english language [45] | chemistry [36] | french [33] | physical education [44]
ATAR - 98.75
my vce journey !
2022 - bachelor of commerce and bachelor of politics, philosophy and economics @ the australian national university

eloisegrace

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #65 on: December 30, 2020, 08:25:14 am »
+10
Results Day ♡

I cannot believe today is the day I get my results! It came so quickly and omg what a whirlwind this year has been :D

I'm going to keep this entry short and sweet so here are my results from my 2 3/4 subjects:
Further - 45
Methods - 42

Way way better than I expected 💙
ATAR - 98.75
my vce journey !

Chocolatemilkshake

• MOTM: JAN 21
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +371
« Reply #66 on: December 30, 2020, 08:30:21 am »
+6
I'm going to keep this entry short and sweet so here are my results from my 2 3/4 subjects:
Further - 45
Methods - 42

Way way better than I expected 💙

This is incredible El! Congratulations, I'm sure you'll do just as well in year 12 next year (and no more maths for you!)  8)
2021-2025: BMedSci/M.D @ Monash

homeworkisapotato

• Forum Leader
« Reply #67 on: December 31, 2020, 07:59:03 am »
+3
AMAZING results El congratulations I'm so happy for you! I'm so jealous that you don't have any maths anymore but now I've got a math guru ahaha
Special congrats with methods, I heard that the exam was super tough so I'm SO proud of you that you got an amazing score.
Have a festive holiday  ;D

whys

• VIC MVP - 2020
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +916
« Reply #68 on: December 31, 2020, 07:00:05 pm »
+4
Hey El,

Congratulations on your awesome scores, you maths queen! Firstly, having the courage and confidence to take 2 maths subjects early is unbelievable, and to also achieve those scores in this tumultuous year is something I'm so proud of. You did amazingly this year, and here's to hoping next year is just as good (I know you'll do well)! Enjoy the rest of these holidays - they're the calm before the storm in year 12 haha.

Have a wonderful new year!
psych [50] bio [50]
2021-2025: BMedSci/MD @ Monash

angrybiscuit

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +204
« Reply #69 on: December 31, 2020, 08:06:35 pm »
+3
El,
Congrats on your incredible scores! You should be proud of what you've achieved. All the best for next year and beyond :)
somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
carl sagan

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
« Reply #70 on: January 02, 2021, 01:31:51 am »
+2
congratulations!

those are both fantastic scores and should put you in a really good position for year 12  ;D

Marylen

• Forum Regular
  • 'You can live with disappointment but not regret.'
  • Respect: +46
« Reply #71 on: January 04, 2021, 12:34:58 pm »
Hey Eloise!
WOWOWOOW your scores are amazing!!!! I'm so happy it all worked out in the end! I have no doubt that you will do so well in year 12! Congratulations and good luck for next year! I'm rooting for you!!!!
Marylen's VCE journal

2020:
Psych: 40
Further Maths: 39

2021:
Methods, Accounting, English & Chemistry

Doogie38

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +14
« Reply #72 on: January 07, 2021, 01:26:20 am »
+2
Hey Eloise ;D

I've sort of been silently reading your journal for a while, so I'm happy to finally be commenting (I may or may not have done so before as I can't remember). As I read a couple of your most recent journal entries I found myself getting nervous for you, and was over the moon for you when I saw your results (pleaseee teach me your ways). Congrats on your incredible scores!! All the best for year 12. I hope you have an amazing rest of your holidays :)
2021: Biology 3/4
My Journal Journey :)

homeworkisapotato

• Forum Leader
« Reply #73 on: January 08, 2021, 04:08:52 pm »
+1
OH MY GOD CONGRATULATIONS EL!!! Such spicy numbers! I'm so proud and happy for you!!!!! I'm really looking forward to spending this year on this journey with you! It would be AMAZING if you wrote guides for Further and Methods because getting 40+ study scores in TWO MATH 3/4's in Year ELEVEN is nooooo easy feat!!! So happy for you and have an amazing break <3

Evolio

• MOTM: MAY 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +485
« Reply #74 on: January 08, 2021, 04:25:16 pm »
+1
Hey El!

I just wanted to say: a big congrats on your results!  ;D They are AMAZING! You've worked so hard this year and I'm really happy for you! It's great that you surpassed your expectations too - that's always very nice! All the best for Year 12 and I know you're going to smash it like you did last year!