Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 24, 2024, 01:16:56 pm

Author Topic: Introduction English AOS  (Read 466 times)

APSODIFU

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Introduction English AOS
« on: June 17, 2018, 09:58:01 pm »
Hey just wondering if I could get some critique on my opening
Question:
‘Whether motivated by need, wonder or curiosity, discovery has the power to be transformative.’ How accurately does this statement reflect the view of discovery explored in your prescribed text and ONE other related text of your own choosing?
Opening:
No matter the size, discoveries have the potential to influence how an individual will act and think. Robert Frost’s “Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening” and “A Tuft of Flowers” explore how a small discovery made by an individual can change how they perceive or view the world. While Anvari’s short film “Two Plus Two Equals Five” demonstrates the discovery of the truth through terrifying experiences.
I don't know what I'm doing

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
Re: Introduction English AOS
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2018, 12:24:26 am »
+2
Hey! Welcome to the forums! ;D

I like where it is heading, but I'd want you to delve deeper. How is the individual influenced by the discovery, what sorts of things change? Is the change motivated by need, or wonder, or curiosity? Link to the question a bit more! Just want a bit more of a fleshed out Thesis. You tend to want to do this early, getting it done in the intro means you can just focus on quotes and stuff in the body paragraphs :)