Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 03:11:54 am

Author Topic: Journey to something????  (Read 19402 times)

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +856
Re: Journey to something????
« Reply #60 on: November 18, 2019, 05:16:14 pm »
+1
Isn't it great that exams are done!! Best of luck on those goals! Are you looking at working in a restaurant (hence the RSA)? Or are you looking at doing something different? ;D

NomotivationF

• Forum Obsessive
  • Serial procrastinator
  • Respect: +93
« Reply #61 on: November 19, 2019, 11:15:45 am »
+3
Isn't it great that exams are done!! Best of luck on those goals! Are you looking at working in a restaurant (hence the RSA)? Or are you looking at doing something different? ;D

Yeah I'm mostly looking to work at a restaurant, but it honestly may be quite hard to find a job at one. I'd also like to hopefully get a job as a tutor, private or with a company, but that depends on how well I score this year
Offering tutoring for Economics, Further Maths and Psychology
(Email [email protected])
(Mobile - 0435076426)

My journey through VCE

How I got a Raw 48 in Economics

2018 - Accounting [42] Further Maths [44]
2019 - English [39] Economics [48] Psychology [44] Maths methods [33]
ATAR - 97.5
2020-2023 - Ba Commerce/Science @Monash

NomotivationF

• Forum Obsessive
  • Serial procrastinator
« Reply #62 on: December 11, 2019, 10:24:33 pm »
+6
I will cream if I get a 95+
(Mobile - 0435076426)

My journey through VCE

ATAR - 97.5

Snow Leopard

• MOTM: SEP 19
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +196
« Reply #63 on: December 11, 2019, 10:29:14 pm »
+1
I will cream if I get a 95+
How are you feeling for tomorrow?

NomotivationF

• Forum Obsessive
  • Serial procrastinator
« Reply #64 on: December 11, 2019, 10:57:50 pm »
+5
How are you feeling for tomorrow?

I don't really know to be honest, my view of what i'm gonna get has changed almost everyday ahahah but realistically looking at around a 94 I think
(Mobile - 0435076426)

My journey through VCE

ATAR - 97.5

NomotivationF

• Forum Obsessive
  • Serial procrastinator
« Reply #65 on: December 12, 2019, 07:04:09 pm »
+13
Oh my. It's all over. Writing this with no sleep and it'll probably be my final journal entry. It feels good to read back through all my entries with my thoughts  changing goals throughout the year. I'm really glad I started this and actually committed to keeping the as active as I could throughout the year. VCE is finally actually finished, I can still remember when I first moved to Australia sitting in my year 5 classroom not even having a single thought about the process of graduating and actually finishing school, it feels surreal at this point. VCE really is a journey, it's definitely a different experience for everyone and not everyone enjoys it which is fair enough. Personally as much as I wanted it to be over, looking back, I genuinely enjoyed school, and it's something that I'm never going to be able to experience again. I have so much more I want to say but my brain capacity is lacking at the moment, so thanks to everyone who has read and supported me through the year :))). Here are some of my final thoughts on my subjects;
English
The Section B prompt made me creeeeaaam my pants. It was honestly the perfect topic, and it was something our teacher focused on all year so I was able to write a pretty decent essay on the exam. Section A on the other hand, almost everyone in our cohort had to eliminate one topic instantly as the entire prompt was based around a theme that we hadn't covered at all all year, so that was shit. Worst part was, the other topic that was left was super niche, and it was about two characters that as a cohort, didn't really go that into detail studying, meaning most of the evidence my classmates and I prepared were thrown out the window. So overall section A essay probably wasn't the best. Now section C is weird, it was the most bland and boring article that's ever come up on a vcaa exam in my opinion, but I guess they did it to differentiate students which is fair enough. No idea how I went on this one as I hardly remember what I wrote down.
At this point, if I had to predict the SS I get for English it'd be between 35-37. I'd be pretty disappointed if I get below 35, but given my sac scores I think that's unlikely.
Oh boy.
GA 1 - A+ (92/100 unscaled)
GA 2 - A+ (94/100 unscaled)
GA 3 - B+
SS - 39
The score I got for English was definitely higher than I predicted, but I think it's mostly due to my sac scores carrying me to the 39. Pretty disappointed with the B+ on the exam, as if I did a tiny bit better I could've been hitting 40s. Overall however, I amcontent with my score in English considering the lack of effort I had coming exam revision time.

Psychology
Suuuuper disappointed with how the exam today went. Feels all my hard work throughout the year has gone to waste, and I'm not going to be anywhere close to hitting my goal SS for this subject. I literally cried at the end of the exam, which is something I've never done before. When I was doing practice exams, I was able to bang out the multi-choice in 15-20 mins, and drop not more than 2 marks on average. However on the exam today, it took me upwards of 30 mins. I checked my muli-choice with the teacher's answers after the exam (probably not the best idea looking back) and it turns out I got 7 multi choice wrong........... Hadn't dropped more than 4 multi's in all the practice exams I'd done and then I drop almost double more on the actual exam. The main problem was that I didn't change my strategy for the exam. I realised that the multi-choice were difficult, so I should've given myself a lot more time to do them and to look over them, instead of rush it. So that fucking sucked. Not only that, but I freaked the fuck out on every single short answer question and over complicated and overthought every question that was asked. There was a question that I had done literally 5-6 times over on practice exams and gotten correct. The exact same question came up on the exam, AND I FUCKED IT because I over complicated it. I was so calm going into the exam. In all honesty I'd never felt more prepared for an exam in my entire life. But as soon as writing time started I got extremely nervous and stressed out, it was definitely the most nervous I've ever been in an exam for sure, waaaaay more than my first ever 3/4 exam. Really not happy with how I went, but now all I can do is hope to pass methods and to annihilate economics. Not all hope is lost. Probably.
Expected SS - ~37
Guess I was wrong?
GA 1 - A+ (94/100 unscaled)
GA 2 - A+ (86/90 unscaled)
GA 3 - A+
SS - 44

My goal at the very start of the year was always in the high 40s for psychology. Although I didn't complete 1/2 psych, going into the subject it almost immediately became one of my favourite subjects, and definitely one of the ones I was best at. I literally cried after leaving the exam, thinking I screwed it completely, but I guess I went better than I initially thought I did. I talked to my teacher and she told me she had me predicted for a 47, so I'm kinda sad I didn't live up to her, or my own expectations. I don't think my result reflects the work I put in throughout the year, BUT, I can't really complain about a 44 after my poor (by my standards) exam performance. Overall, I am mildly dissatisfied with my result, I was hoping to score well enough to be able to tutor the subject but at the moment that's up in the air. Definitely one of my favourite subjects though would highly recommend to anyone thinking of doing it.

Methods
SOOOOO FUCKING HAPPY with how exam 1 went. Even though I made a fuckton of silly mistakes, after I checked the solutions I got 21-22/40 when i'm being suuuper harsh. Going into the exam I was just aiming for over 15/40 so I really exceeded my expectations. Kinda annoying that the only exam I don't really need to perform well on, I perform well on...... Oh well I'm still happy. Also how the fuck do I stop needed to piss during the exam. Every single VCAA exam that I've done I have needed to take a piss during so I just waste 5 mins of my time that could be used to check over answers.

What the fuck. I did so fucking well in today's exam (by my standards). I calculated what I got if I was being super harsh, and I got 57/80, which is well above what's needed for a 25. Honestly I think with the scores I got I may end up with a 35, which may be higher than psych after scaling. Just thinking how much I improved with a few weeks of revision I wonder how much better I could've done in methods if I actually put effort in in throughout the year. Honestly, I actually started to enjoy methods once I actually learnt how to do shit, kinda regret not putting in the effort throughout the year, but oh well.
Predicted SS ~35
Expected
GA 1 - B (71/100 unscaled)
GA 2 - B
GA 3 - B+
SS - 33

Now I have a bit of a love-hate relationship with methods. At the beginning of the year, after completely bombing 1/2 methods and not paying attention at all, my ultimate goal was a 25 with minimal study (pretty stupid looking back). Throughout the entire year, in class I genuinely did not understand a single thing that was going on until sac revision came up and I understood the basic concepts. Apart from probability I really had no good grasp of content for sacs through the year and I still managed to pull through with a B. In terms of exam scores/revision, when first starting revision for the tech free exam, I could genuinely not complete even one question. I was literally getting 5/40 on the exams. This is probably due to the fact I hadn't done maths without a calculator for two years, further in YR 11 and all of our methods sacs were tech active. So I thought I was fucked. However, once I took the time to actually learn maths..... I was starting to do alright and I really started to enjoy doing methods as well. I actually enjoyed doing methods so much that it got to the point I started doing exams as a form of procrastination from doing English revision. I am pretty happy with my score in Exam 1 and Exam 2 alike. Overall, I am happy with my result, but I really do wish I put in more effort into methods at the beginning of the year, because I genuinely do feel like I could have performed a lot better than I did.

Economics
Right. Well. I aced multi choice, which I am really happy about. Exam overall was quite straight forward, but there were two six markers that I know I screwed up quite bad. There was a question where it asked for ONE impact on two goals, but instead I ended up giving two different possible impacts on the goals which kinda contradicted themselves, so I don’t really know how many marks I’ll get for that question. There was another 6 marker which I think I misinterpreted, as well as a 4 marker in which I talked about more than they wanted, which again, may have led to me contradicting myself. There was also a ton of small stuff that I may have screwed up. Overall, going into the exam I was going for a 44+ since I was suuuper confident and was only dropping 3-4 marks on practice exams, but after completing it I don’t think that’s possible.
Estimated SS ~40.
My dreams have come true
GA 1 - A+ (94/100 unscaled)
GA 2 - A+ (94/100 unscaled)
GA 3 - A+
SS - 48

I would've never imagined that Economics would end up being my highest scoring subject. Along with psychology, economics was definitely one my favourite subjects in school. Most of my friends completed the subject in Yr11, and after hearing the horror stories of how hard the exam is, how you can only drop 8 marks for an A+ on the exam, how some got 3 A+s and still got a 39, I was seriously considering not doing Eco in Yr12, but I'm glad I stuck to my gut and completed a subject that I enjoyed. Even though I knew I aced the multi choice of the exam, I though I would've been penalised harder for contradicting myself in some of the discuss questions. I really can't even explain how happy I am with the result and I'm glad my hard work for the subject paid off. I really don't know what else to say about this subject to be honest, I genuinely enjoyed exploring some of the concepts so much. The grind in terms of sacs really paid off, I wasn't rank one at the start of the year and as I started to put in more effort I finally got there. Me and one of my mates celebrated, he was rank 2 and got the same SS as me so we were both really stoked. My goal for this subject had always been 40+, mostly due to all the horror stories I'd heard, and overall, I am extremely satisfied with my result, and I hope it's high enough for tutoring  ;D.

ATAR - 97.5

My goal, ever since year 10/11 was always 95, and seeing that I greatly exceeded my expectations I am suuuuuuuuuuper stoked. Further maths ended up in my bottom two along with methods, something that I really couldn't have imagined since I studied much harder for Further than accounting, but oh well. In terms of Uni, I'm pretty confident I will get an offer for my top preference, which is commerce/science at monash, in which I plan to major in psychology and economics. My parents really want me to change my preference to something that requires a higher ATAR but I think I'm going to stick to my gut and study something that I will actually enjoy.

Again, thanks to everyone that has been reading and commenting on my journal, I greatly appreciate it. Congratulations to the class of 2019, and good luck to those of you who graduate in the years to come. You'll most likely see me answering questions on the Psych, Eco and Further boards ... and hopefully at tutesmart if I get the job :P :P :P.

Peace ✌️

(Mobile - 0435076426)

My journey through VCE

ATAR - 97.5

Snow Leopard

• MOTM: SEP 19
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +196
« Reply #66 on: December 12, 2019, 07:21:49 pm »
+4
Congrats on the awesome marks and good luck for Uni and beyond!

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #67 on: December 12, 2019, 07:28:28 pm »
+5
Great stuff. Really happy for you!

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

NomotivationF

• Forum Obsessive
  • Serial procrastinator
« Reply #68 on: December 13, 2019, 01:28:33 pm »
+3
Great stuff. Really happy for you!
Congrats on the awesome marks and good luck for Uni and beyond!

Thank you both so much, I appreciate it
(Mobile - 0435076426)

My journey through VCE

ATAR - 97.5

whys

• VIC MVP - 2020
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +916
« Reply #69 on: December 16, 2019, 05:33:50 pm »
+2
Very proud of you!! Gratz on the ATAR, it’s amazing!!!
psych [50] bio [50]
2021-2025: BMedSci/MD @ Monash

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +856
« Reply #70 on: December 19, 2019, 09:41:40 pm »
+2
What a great ATAR! Massive congratulations! Hopefully, we'll see you around tutesmart next year!

NomotivationF

• Forum Obsessive
  • Serial procrastinator
« Reply #71 on: December 23, 2019, 09:25:05 pm »
+4
Very proud of you!! Gratz on the ATAR, it’s amazing!!!

Thank you so much :))

What a great ATAR! Massive congratulations! Hopefully, we'll see you around tutesmart next year!

Thanks laura, I got an interview but unfortunately I wasn't hired so you won't be seeing me at tutesmart :P. But there's a lotta other opportunities i'm looking forward too :))
(Mobile - 0435076426)

My journey through VCE

ATAR - 97.5