Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 10:54:53 am

Author Topic: Class of 2019!  (Read 30172 times)  Share 

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
Re: Class of 2019!
« Reply #60 on: May 03, 2019, 08:40:01 pm »
+1
Don't you just love coming home to AN?  ;) I certainly do.

Just a quick question for everyone, do you all study every single day? Or do you take a full and complete break from all study-related tasks for a day, which is what I'm trying to do? I.e. using Sunday as my rest day.

Can't believe there's only ~6 months till it's all over! A mix of stress and apathy is how I would describe my thoughts the moment.

What I would say to fellow Year 12s is that it's not important, but ESSENTIAL to keep up a healthy lifestyle. Health is the one of the greatest resources of all.

Not a current year-12 but you definitely don't have to study every day. One of my friends who also got 98 always took a minimum of one day off from studying a week. Not saying that this is the answer for everyone, but it's certainly effective for some :)

NomotivationF

• Forum Obsessive
  • Serial procrastinator
  • Respect: +93
« Reply #61 on: May 04, 2019, 04:30:13 pm »
+2

Just a quick question for everyone, do you all study every single day? Or do you take a full and complete break from all study-related tasks for a day, which is what I'm trying to do? I.e. using Sunday as my rest day.

Can't believe there's only ~6 months till it's all over! A mix of stress and apathy is how I would describe my thoughts the moment.

What I would say to fellow Year 12s is that it's not important, but ESSENTIAL to keep up a healthy lifestyle. Health is the one of the greatest resources of all.

I tend to procrastinate a lot. However, something that has significantly improve my study habits is by actually studying less often but for more time. This tends to keep my productivity when I study relatively high due to me being able to refresh myself often. Personally, I do have atleast 1 spare everyday in which I try to do study in, however, in terms of 'home'work I tend to not study on Mondays, Fridays and Saturdays. I feel like this gives me a lot more time for my hobbies, and also keeps my motivation levels high. However, when exam period approaches I will definitely be studying everyday (with breaks).
Offering tutoring for Economics, Further Maths and Psychology
(Email [email protected])
(Mobile - 0435076426)

My journey through VCE

How I got a Raw 48 in Economics

2018 - Accounting [42] Further Maths [44]
2019 - English [39] Economics [48] Psychology [44] Maths methods [33]
ATAR - 97.5
2020-2023 - Ba Commerce/Science @Monash

Seamus Wong

« Reply #62 on: May 04, 2019, 06:20:03 pm »
+1

I could never not study for a whole day. I don't think you can really afford to do so in year 12 - However, we're all different so I guess it's just up to how you work. I personally thrive off of knowing that I am ahead of the class in terms of content, since I know that I can get more questions done and be familiar with the content for a greater period of time than everyone else. I study in 1-1.5 hours blocks and then just take a 5-15 minute break and get back into it again. Although I must admit, my efficiency does tend to decline over the duration of the day due to mental fatigue.

The one thing that I do that isn't study but that really keeps my mental and physical wellbeing high is that I try to exercise at night at around 9 or 10 o'clock for 45 minutes to an hour, listening to music and just going over my day in my head to see what I can improve for the next day and thinking about what I did well. This kinda resets my body and gets me fresh for the next day.

Also, when you know that you've used all the time you had in the day productively, it motivates you even more to maintain the work ethic - making it harder to procrastinate and be lazy
« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 06:22:07 pm by Seamus Wong »

Remy33

• Forum Regular
  • I don't like food, I love it.
  • Respect: +53
« Reply #63 on: May 05, 2019, 09:07:32 pm »
Anyone else getting bombarded by a shit ton of SACs? :'(

For any unfortunate souls out there doing methods, how do you study for it? Like, just smash out a ton of practice questions and trial exams?? I find that I can understand things but after moving onto another topic all previous knowledge leaves my brain.
<  VCE  2018 – 2019  >
Portuguese  42  |   Russian  35  |  Chinese  36  |  English  50   |  Global Politics  46  |  Methods  41
99.40 ATAR

<  Monash  2020 – 2023   >
B Global Studies  Int'l Relations  |  B Commerce  Economics 

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
« Reply #64 on: May 05, 2019, 09:21:49 pm »
+2

For any unfortunate souls out there doing methods, how do you study for it? Like, just smash out a ton of practice questions and trial exams?? I find that I can understand things but after moving onto another topic all previous knowledge leaves my brain.
not in year 12 currently but yes for methods you want to be doing a lot of trial exams  (not studying theory too much). However, if you do find yourself getting certain types of questions wrong it might be valuable to review the theory.

NomotivationF

• Forum Obsessive
  • Serial procrastinator
« Reply #65 on: May 05, 2019, 10:15:33 pm »

God yes the amount of SACs I have this term is insane, and I've heard it gets worse in term 3!!! I'm pretty sure I have 1-2 Sacs a week from the end of next week till the end of the term.
(Mobile - 0435076426)

My journey through VCE

ATAR - 97.5

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #66 on: May 06, 2019, 10:22:43 am »
+2

😍😍😍

Re: your question, I certainly didn't study every day!

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

JR_StudyEd

• MOTM: MAY 19
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Mental health is #1
  • Respect: +171
« Reply #67 on: May 06, 2019, 11:31:23 pm »
*raises 2 hands high in the air*
For any unfortunate souls out there doing methods,
Hey! Don't call me unfortunate!  :'( Jk I feel your pain.

Speaking of, are there ways to make studying less of a pain? Like, ways to make it tolerable and even, dare I say, F-U-N?
Listens to K-Pop (Twice, Red Velvet, MAMAMOO) and Christmas music all year round.

NomotivationF

• Forum Obsessive
  • Serial procrastinator
« Reply #68 on: May 06, 2019, 11:58:24 pm »
+1
Speaking of, are there ways to make studying less of a pain? Like, ways to make it tolerable and even, dare I say, F-U-N?

I think the key here would be doing subjects that you're genuinely interested in. I was lucky to pick out two subjects that I genuinely enjoy this year, so I don't struggle too much to do work for them. For subjects that I don't enjoy though, if there's a way to make it 'fun' I think it'd be revolutionary to the world. 
(Mobile - 0435076426)

My journey through VCE

ATAR - 97.5

Nadeen.beh

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #69 on: May 08, 2019, 05:25:50 pm »
Heyy guys, if anyone has noted for business unit 3, outcome 2 pleaseee send throughhhh!!!

thecandidfrog

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #70 on: May 08, 2019, 07:01:59 pm »
+3
Heyy guys, if anyone has noted for business unit 3, outcome 2 pleaseee send throughhhh!!!

You might wanna check the notes that people have already uploaded to the website. Just click 'notes' next to the ATARNotes logo, chuck Business Management in as the subject and you should find something helpful :)

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
« Reply #71 on: May 09, 2019, 07:21:38 am »
*raises 2 hands high in the air*Hey! Don't call me unfortunate!  :'( Jk I feel your pain.

I find that that's fairly dependent on you and the subjects you're doing.  Eg a friend & I were highly competitive about memorising exact values for methods & would race eachother on quizlet which made learning them egaging.

My advice would be to skim through a bunch of studying advice for your subjects and see if anything resonates with you

JR_StudyEd

• MOTM: MAY 19
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Mental health is #1
  • Respect: +171
« Reply #72 on: June 20, 2019, 06:22:15 pm »
+1
Who here just wants the school year to end already? I just don’t care too much anymore. I have literally no reason to ‘do well’. I know that sounds incredibly selfish of me, and I know life will only get more difficult, but will it be worth it? Even if I have no set goal?
Listens to K-Pop (Twice, Red Velvet, MAMAMOO) and Christmas music all year round.

yourfriendlyneighbourhoodghost

• Forum Obsessive
  • sleep now and dream, study now and live your dream
  • Respect: +34
« Reply #73 on: July 31, 2019, 12:04:10 pm »
Do not give up guys! We are so close to the end, you've done so many years of schooling just to give up right at the end?
This is your last year, there is only like 7 weeks left.
We can do this.
2018: Studio Arts [37]
2019: English [38] Psychology [38] Vis Com [36] Software Development [40] Further Maths [35]
ATAR: 87.95 ❤️

2020-2023 Bachelor of Arts @ Unimelb

PhoenixxFire

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • They/them/theirs
  • Respect: +3102
« Reply #74 on: September 06, 2019, 11:39:46 am »
How are you all feeling now we're starting to get towards the end of the year?
2019: B. Environment and Sustainability/B. Science @ ANU
2020: Just Vibing
2021: B. Paramedicine/B. Nursing @ ACU Canberra