Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 25, 2024, 01:26:23 am

Author Topic: Possibility of two related texts since its the final year of the old syllabus?  (Read 1927 times)

Stringy

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
How likely is it that this could happen? And who has actually prepared two related texts in the event that it does?

Razeen25

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +21
I guess we have no idea, but I messaged NESA about it and they affirmed its possibility (they said it is expected students have studied a number of texts exploring the concept of discovery) for this year for the AOS essay, despite the "preference for requiring students to refer to one related text" in recent years. So tbh I think it's quite possible ://.
HSC 2018 || Biology (90) || Business Studies (94) || English Advanced (87) || Legal Studies (91) || General Mathematics 2 (95) ||
ATAR: 96.20

SEasternCry

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +4
Darn there's a lot of possibility for things to be more difficult I fear which probably made 2018 try harder than all the other years! hehe
But don't worry  :P We can always look back at the short answer stimulus and choose them as a second related text for Discovery. + you would've already gotten quotes from answering them.
At least that's my plan teehee

2017 HSC
Mathematics (Advanced): 98
2018 HSC
Mathematics Extension 1:95
Mathematics Extension 2:86
Chemistry: just a number
Physics: just a number
English (Advanced): just a number
Atar: just a number

Mada438

• Forum Leader
  • Skiing, motorcycle and travel fanatic
  • Respect: +399
How likely is it that this could happen? And who has actually prepared two related texts in the event that it does?
Definitely is possible because NESA has a tendency to throw us under the bus. And this year is the last year of the syllabus so they could go out with a bang.
Definitely would recconmend using one of the short answer stimuli as another text. Or if you're gonna study a second text, make it a poem. Because they're shorter to read and analyse.
Or are you doing people and landscapes for mod c? My related works really well for discovery too. Maybe yours will as well?

Good luck for your upcoming exams!  ;D
"Live life like a pineapple. Stand tall, wear a crown and be sweet on the inside"

"May you grow up to be righteous; may you grow up to be true. May you always know the truth and see the lights surrounding you. May you always be courageous, stand upright and be strong"

"Be fearless in the pursuit of what sets your soul on fire"

Advice for starting year 12
An open letter to my School Friends
Would 10 year old you be proud of who you are?

2020: Bachelor of Arts @ANU

SEasternCry

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +4
Or are you doing people and landscapes for mod c? My related works really well for discovery too. Maybe yours will as well?

Yeah definitely a good idea to use your discovery related as a last resort if they ask for two related texts in paper 2. I think its 1 text per body para.
even though mines (Love and Honour and Pity and Pride and Compassion and Sacrifice) doesnt work well for people and politics *cries internally*
2017 HSC
Mathematics (Advanced): 98
2018 HSC
Mathematics Extension 1:95
Mathematics Extension 2:86
Chemistry: just a number
Physics: just a number
English (Advanced): just a number
Atar: just a number

kauac

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +291
Yeah definitely a good idea to use your discovery related as a last resort if they ask for two related texts in paper 2. I think its 1 text per body para.
even though mines (Love and Honour and Pity and Pride and Compassion and Sacrifice) doesnt work well for people and politics *cries internally*

Just adding in another idea: My 2nd related text is the same for both discovery and module c. Thus, I only have 3 related texts all up. Less to remember.  :)
2018: HSC

2019: Gap Year

2020-2024: B Science / M Nutrition & Dietetics @ USYD

Razeen25

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +21

My plan is to BS my discovery related as a second Module C related if the need arises. Gonna talk about how the poem urges responders to fight personal political battles or some shiz
HSC 2018 || Biology (90) || Business Studies (94) || English Advanced (87) || Legal Studies (91) || General Mathematics 2 (95) ||
ATAR: 96.20

headsup

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +53
Another possibility.... Use the same related for the modules and discovery  ;) :o

ATB ppl.... 14 days til P1.

So close to the end!!!!
MY SCHEDULE
18th - English P1
19th - English P2
25th - Mathematics
29th - Modern History
30th - Mathematics extension one
2nd - Business Studies
7th - Economics
9th - D&T
10th - DONE!!!
14th - Turn 18!!
15th - green P's!

leotlion

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0

OMG I really hope it won't happen!!! But it's been ages since they've last asked us for 2 and anything could be possible... :(
HSC 2018 - English (Advanced) | Mathematics Extension 1 | Mathematics Extension 2 | Biology | Business Studies | Modern History