Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 09:35:03 pm

Author Topic: 2018 HSC Software Paper  (Read 3900 times)  Share 

cthulu

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +1
2018 HSC Software Paper
« on: November 02, 2018, 06:02:12 pm »
The paper was really good.

Multiple choice were general except a few like 18,19,20. Theory questions were alright and pseudocode wasn't that bad.

Unfortunately, because I had my business exam before hand, my hand absolutely killed half way through Software. I took a 15 minute break to rest it and ended up running out of time and being unable to check my exam at ALL! I ended up accidentally skipping a easy 3 marker social and ethical questions. The first pseudocode, the validation one was alright. The second one was decent too but I ended up using recursion and I think I stuffed it up! hahah because everytime I use recursion in pseudocode I always do horrible in it.

Also not going to lie, I had trouble with the forward chaining question because the optiion topic was the only topic I didn't revise!

How did everyone else find the test?

jasn9776

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +4
Re: 2018 HSC Software Paper
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2018, 06:41:45 pm »
Yeah it was alright i reckon. There were more pseudocode than usual but not too much and yeah some of the questions were confusing but yeah hopefully i did allright. The theory was pretty basic social ethical and communication and stuff.
The option(hardware software) had some weird questions that i couldn't answer like proving some absurdly long Boolean algebra was equal to this simple gate. And followed by a usual data-stream question and they actually made us write an algorithm for this option.
The multiple choice i was like 1-17 easy as. then i just guessed 18 and 19 since i didn't bother with working out which sort it was and was really vague and 20 was pretty easy. 
HSC 2018: English Adv(88) | Bio (90) | Phys(85) | Software Design (87) | 3U Math (41)

wewanttacos

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Re: 2018 HSC Software Paper
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2018, 06:55:04 pm »
+1
Overall the paper was pretty good. The multiple choice as a whole wasn't too hard but I had a mind blank when it came to distinguishing between the user manual and reference manual.