Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 19, 2024, 03:22:12 pm

Author Topic: High School Success Stories!!  (Read 3899 times)

keltingmeith

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • he/him - they is also fine
  • Respect: +1292
High School Success Stories!!
« on: August 10, 2017, 06:13:46 pm »
+17
High School Success Stories

Hello everyone! The mod team are super excited to announce a new little initiative we've got going - the high school success stories!! Every month, we will be interviewing someone who has finished high school, and asking them on their perspective of the year, where they are now, if they're happy with where they are, and then sharing this interview with you guys! We plan on releasing this on the first weekend of every month, slightly delayed this month because I got sick, but WE'LL DO BETTER OTHER TIMES!!

This month, we've decided to speak to K888, who is currently studying physiotherapy at Monash after achieving her VCE. You can check out her interview here.

I'm also super excited to announce that we want to hear from you guys about this! While Kate has done her bit, we have plenty of people to interview across multiple states (next month we're hoping to talk to a HSC graduate)! If you guys have any questions for future high school success stories, plop them down below, and we'll make sure they get asked.

gemmaruffin

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +53
Re: High School Success Stories!!
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2017, 06:15:00 pm »
+7
High School Success Stories

Hello everyone! The mod team are super excited to announce a new little initiative we've got going - the high school success stories!! Every month, we will be interviewing someone who has finished high school, and asking them on their perspective of the year, where they are now, if they're happy with where they are, and then sharing this interview with you guys! We plan on releasing this on the first weekend of every month, slightly delayed this month because I got sick, but WE'LL DO BETTER OTHER TIMES!!

This month, we've decided to speak to K888, who is currently studying physiotherapy at Monash after achieving her VCE. You can check out her interview here.

I'm also super excited to announce that we want to hear from you guys about this! While Kate has done her bit, we have plenty of people to interview across multiple states (next month we're hoping to talk to a HSC graduate)! If you guys have any questions for future high school success stories, plop them down below, and we'll make sure they get asked.

What was the best thing about finishing, and what did you look forward to when you were done?
2016 - HHD (49)
2017 - Bio (41), Chem, Italian, English (43), Methods

Happy to help out with any HHD questions, and remember - there is life after VCE :)

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2017, 06:18:06 pm »
+11
I'll just note here:

There are heaps of resources flying around for like, "Here's how to get a 99.95 ATAR!!!!!!!" and shit, but that's not necessarily particularly helpful if you're aiming for a 75.00. These articles are meant to be diverse; for some, simply getting through the year is as big an achievement as somebody else getting a 95+ ATAR.

Really looking forward to this series. :)

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

heids

• Supreme Stalker
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +1632
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2017, 09:12:24 pm »
+8
Absolutely want to emphasise that this series is about literally any ATAR possible, so don't feel afraid to join for that reason; you don't have to give your numbers anyway, because they're honestly irrelevant.

I guess I was a "high school success"... and a post-high-school failure lol. :')
VCE (2014): HHD, Bio, English, T&T, Methods

Uni (2021-24): Bachelor of Nursing @ Monash Clayton

Work: PCA in residential aged care

K888

• VIC MVP - 2017
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +2877
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2017, 10:05:39 pm »
+11
Thanks so much for giving me the opportunity to do this, meithy!
This is a fantastic initiative, and it was a privilege to be the first interviewee. I look forward to reading the future instalments :D

Just wanted to re-iterate the previous statements - you don't have to have achieved an ATAR of 99+ or gotten a 50 to be counted as a high school success story. If you graduated when you were considering dropping out earlier in the year, if you were aiming for a 70 and you got it, if you just got through the year in general, you're a success. :)

What was the best thing about finishing, and what did you look forward to when you were done?
Just wanted to answer this, given I've already had my time in the limelight haha.
The best thing about finishing - the sense of satisfaction and accomplishment, that I had finished what had been a main focus in my life for so long. The ability to be proud that I had completed high school, and was now ready to embark on a new journey :D

What I looked forward to - resting, haha. The holidays after exams were amazing, and so, so refreshing. I finally started getting proper amounts of sleep, I could pick up more shifts at work without feeling guilty about not studying, and just the general ability to do basically anything with no stress! I also looked forward to the new year and the chance to start university and move out. :)

peterpiper

• Forum Obsessive
  • ppp
  • Respect: +257
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2017, 10:18:26 pm »
+7
Absolutely want to emphasise that this series is about literally any ATAR possible, so don't feel afraid to join for that reason; you don't have to give your numbers anyway, because they're honestly irrelevant.

I guess I was a "high school success"... and a post-high-school failure lol an ATARNote superstar. :')

What a humblebrag  >:( >:(
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 10:26:52 pm by peterpiper »
2017: VCE COMPLETED