Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 18, 2024, 09:51:36 pm

Author Topic: Make Your First Post!  (Read 288938 times)

S200

• Part of the furniture
  • Yeah well that happened...
  • Respect: +244
Re: Make Your First Post!
« Reply #585 on: October 25, 2018, 09:37:01 pm »
+1
3. In the event of a zombie apocalypse, what would be your weapon of choice? (Mandatory).
Cambridge 3U textbook ngl
Love this... :D

The ultimate Melee weapon! ;)
Carpe Vinum

\(\LaTeX\) - \(e^{\pi i }\)
#ThanksRui! - #Rui\(^2\) - #Jamon10000

5233718311 :D

peter2001711

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #586 on: October 25, 2018, 10:16:12 pm »
+8
ATAR Notes is exceptionally helpful. Shoutout to Susie Dodds and Elyse Popwell, best lecturers out. Looking forward to their help for 2019 HSC. ;D

headsup

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +53
« Reply #587 on: October 25, 2018, 10:26:58 pm »
+2
ATAR Notes is exceptionally helpful. Shoutout to Susie Dodds and Elyse Popwell, best lecturers out. Looking forward to their help for 2019 HSC. ;D
No truer words spoken.....welcome to get forums!!!! 😀😁
No future there is a dedicated shoutout thread here

Hope you will find them as helpful as we have and I should be back to support ya 😁
So close to the end!!!!
MY SCHEDULE
18th - English P1
19th - English P2
25th - Mathematics
29th - Modern History
30th - Mathematics extension one
2nd - Business Studies
7th - Economics
9th - D&T
10th - DONE!!!
14th - Turn 18!!
15th - green P's!

sensit.ive

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #588 on: October 27, 2018, 02:57:20 pm »
+6
1. What year level are you in right now, and what are your subjects? (Mandatory)
Hey, so I'm in year 11 right now, studying chemistry 1&2, spec 1&2, methods 1&2, English 1&2, NH physics and viscom 3&4.
2. What movie do you most passionately hate? Provide justification. (Mandatory)
The Kissing Booth. period. It's the cheesiest thing and I was honestly surprised that it was made 2018 and not 2007, in which i would understand. lmao
3. In the event of a zombie apocalypse, what would be your weapon of choice? (Mandatory).
A party hat. if i was to die i want it to be a happy one ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ . And also the top of a party hat could be quite sharp so there's a chance, right?

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
« Reply #589 on: October 27, 2018, 03:58:38 pm »

Welcome to the forums!

Is NH physics physics on a northern hemisphere timetable?  How have you found it?

What drew you to viscomm?

AkWal

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #590 on: October 27, 2018, 11:17:52 pm »
+6
1. What year level are you in right now, and what are your subjects? (Mandatory)
I'm in Year 11 (VCE) and my subjects are  English, English Language, Further Maths, Biology, italian and art

I dont think that i passionately hate a movie, only because i dont watch movies that im not all that into.

a long knife of sorts (easy to hide, not that heavy and makes no sound.)-(my friends and i have talked extensively about this topic)

headsup

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #591 on: October 28, 2018, 06:55:54 am »
+2
I'm in Year 11 (VCE) and my subjects are  English, English Language, Further Maths, Biology, italian and art

I dont think that i passionately hate a movie, only because i dont watch movies that im not all that into.

a long knife of sorts (easy to hide, not that heavy and makes no sound.)-(my friends and i have talked extensively about this topic)

Heyy!!

Welcome to the forums... I can assure you it is the most amazing place of resources, advice, and emotional support!

How do you like Italian? I once started learning it because my elder sister was studying it for class but could never really get into it...

Nice choice of weapon!  I think it would get you through nicely.

All the best with your Year 11 & 12 studies.
So close to the end!!!!
MY SCHEDULE
18th - English P1
19th - English P2
25th - Mathematics
29th - Modern History
2nd - Business Studies
7th - Economics
9th - D&T
10th - DONE!!!
14th - Turn 18!!
15th - green P's!

Mada438

• Forum Leader
  • Skiing, motorcycle and travel fanatic
  • Respect: +399
« Reply #592 on: October 28, 2018, 08:47:50 am »
+2

Hey! Welcome to the forums!
So you do italian? How do you find it?

Ciao! Come stai?
"Live life like a pineapple. Stand tall, wear a crown and be sweet on the inside"

"May you grow up to be righteous; may you grow up to be true. May you always know the truth and see the lights surrounding you. May you always be courageous, stand upright and be strong"

"Be fearless in the pursuit of what sets your soul on fire"

Advice for starting year 12
An open letter to my School Friends
Would 10 year old you be proud of who you are?

2020: Bachelor of Arts @ANU

Mada438

• Forum Leader
  • Skiing, motorcycle and travel fanatic
  • Respect: +399
« Reply #593 on: October 29, 2018, 08:42:45 pm »
+10
Omg, i realised i never did one of these when i first joined the forums. So I'm gonna do one now  ;D

1. What year level are you in right now, and what are your subjects? (Mandatory) Graduated from year 12 now (was just starting year 12 when i joined). I do (or is it did now?) Advanced English, General Maths, Society and Culture, Business Studies and Modern History

2. What movie do you most passionately hate? Provide justification. (Mandatory)The Truman Show-I did this movie for a study of film in year 10 and we watched it like 5 times. Then all of my younger cousins made me watch it when they did it at their schools (In year 7 and 8). That equates to like 10-11 times I've watched it and its gotten to the point where i break it down so much and analyze everything like i did in year 10 and it made me despise it.

3. In the event of a zombie apocalypse, what would be your weapon of choice? (Mandatory). A sharp, but short sword. Small and easy to carry around, not much weight, silent, and is good for beheading zombies when they get to close (if they ever catch me  ;) )

4. Who do you want to be as a person, what do you want to achieve? (Optional)I want to be happy with where i am in life; surrounded by good friends, living my best life. I want to reach a point of maturity and enlightenment where i can help others always. In life i want to be remembered for the memories i make with my friends, and how i make them feel. Because people won't remember what you said or did, but for how you made them feel. I want to know i make peoples lives better.

5. If you had to summarise your life in a paragraph, what would you say? (Optional). In the holidays or when i don't have school work (and what i will do post hsc). Get up at 6, work out, eat breakie, go learn a new skill or something (e.g I'm gonna learn Italian post hsc) go to work, go to the gym/do martial arts training, come home, watch tv, go out with friends, go to bed. Repeat.
"Live life like a pineapple. Stand tall, wear a crown and be sweet on the inside"

"May you grow up to be righteous; may you grow up to be true. May you always know the truth and see the lights surrounding you. May you always be courageous, stand upright and be strong"

"Be fearless in the pursuit of what sets your soul on fire"

Advice for starting year 12
An open letter to my School Friends
Would 10 year old you be proud of who you are?

2020: Bachelor of Arts @ANU

_AishahC_

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #594 on: October 29, 2018, 10:32:56 pm »
+3
What year level are you in right now, and what are your subjects?

I'm in year 12 and currently studying Biology, Chemistry, Physics, English and Mathematical Methods.

What movie do you most passionately hate? Provide justification.

Coraline. Hands down the creepiest movie I have ever watched. My 10 year old self is quaking 😂 seriously though, it still gives me nightmares. 😲

In the event of a zombie apocalypse, what would be your weapon of choice?

I would probably be hiding but if I had to choose a weapon I would pick a frying pan because well, have you seen tangled? 😂

« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 10:41:12 pm by _AishahC_ »

PhoenixxFire

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • They/them/theirs
  • Respect: +3102
« Reply #595 on: October 29, 2018, 10:35:07 pm »
+1
Welcome to AN ;D
What's your favourite subject?
2019: B. Environment and Sustainability/B. Science @ ANU
2020: Just Vibing
2021: B. Paramedicine/B. Nursing @ ACU Canberra

jazcstuart

• MOTM: SEP 18
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +180
« Reply #596 on: October 29, 2018, 10:36:59 pm »
+6
Omg, i realised i never did one of these when i first joined the forums. So I'm gonna do one now  ;D

1. What year level are you in right now, and what are your subjects? (Mandatory) Graduated from year 12 now (was just starting year 12 when i joined). I do (or is it did now?) Advanced English, General Maths, Society and Culture, Business Studies and Modern History

2. What movie do you most passionately hate? Provide justification. (Mandatory)The Truman Show-I did this movie for a study of film in year 10 and we watched it like 5 times. Then all of my younger cousins made me watch it when they did it at their schools (In year 7 and 8). That equates to like 10-11 times I've watched it and its gotten to the point where i break it down so much and analyze everything like i did in year 10 and it made me despise it.

3. In the event of a zombie apocalypse, what would be your weapon of choice? (Mandatory). A sharp, but short sword. Small and easy to carry around, not much weight, silent, and is good for beheading zombies when they get to close (if they ever catch me  ;) )

4. Who do you want to be as a person, what do you want to achieve? (Optional)I want to be happy with where i am in life; surrounded by good friends, living my best life. I want to reach a point of maturity and enlightenment where i can help others always. In life i want to be remembered for the memories i make with my friends, and how i make them feel. Because people won't remember what you said or did, but for how you made them feel. I want to know i make peoples lives better.

5. If you had to summarise your life in a paragraph, what would you say? (Optional). In the holidays or when i don't have school work (and what i will do post hsc). Get up at 6, work out, eat breakie, go learn a new skill or something (e.g I'm gonna learn Italian post hsc) go to work, go to the gym/do martial arts training, come home, watch tv, go out with friends, go to bed. Repeat.
Hi, welcome to Atar Notes!!! (Just kidding, thought you deserved a welcome  ;D )

I love the Truman Show!!! Completely get the over analysing point though, we studied The Castle in year 9 and spent a full lesson on the opening minute, so I cringe every time I see it. It's still one of my favourite movies though.

Anyway congrats on graduating and finishing most of your exams! Hope they have gone well.

Also welcome _AishahC_!
HSC 2017 - Mathematics, Music 1
HSC 2018 - English (Advanced), Maths Extension 1, Chemistry, Geography, Earth and Environmental Science

2019 - B Renewable Energy Engineering @ University of Newcastle

headsup

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #597 on: October 29, 2018, 10:38:07 pm »
+1
What year level are you in right now, and what are your subjects?

I'm in year 12 and currently studying Biology, Chemistry, Physics, English and Mathematical Methods.

What movie do you most passionately hate? Provide justification.

Coraline. Hands down the creepiest movie I have ever watched. Still gives me nightmares. 😲

In the event of a zombie apocalypse, what would be your weapon of choice?

I would probably be hiding but if I had to choose a weapon I would pick a frying pan because well, have you seen tangled? 😂

Who do you want to be as a person, what do you want to achieve?

I just want to be someone I can be proud of, I want to be able to say I have made a difference in society that betters the community. In terms of achievements, I want to achieve total and complete happiness in life. 😊

Welcome to the forums!!!!

Firstly subjects..... Guessing you mean finishing Year12??? If so... ATB with the VCE.

Loving the choice of weapon. Havent seen tangled but there is so many opportunities with it..... Cooking a killer meal (take it as you want) and protection and attacking..... Well thought through.....

Loving who you want to be..... Go for it. 😁
So close to the end!!!!
MY SCHEDULE
18th - English P1
19th - English P2
25th - Mathematics
29th - Modern History
2nd - Business Studies
7th - Economics
9th - D&T
10th - DONE!!!
14th - Turn 18!!
15th - green P's!

ChloeWalker

• Adventurer
  • Year 12 2019 :P
  • Respect: +4
« Reply #598 on: October 30, 2018, 07:32:43 am »
+7
Year 12, Class of 2019.
English Standard
Mathematics Standard
Studies of Religion (1 unit)
PDHPE
Ancient History
Legal Studies
The movie RANGO. Honestly just found it very BORING. Went and saw it with my family and my mum left half way through the movie because we were all so bored.
Harry Potter's Cloak of Invisibility --> so I can hide from the zombies and go wherever I want without danger!
4. Who do you want to be as a person, what do you want to achieve? (Optional)
I want to be the best person I can be! I want to follow my goals and achieve a great ATAR + last year of school, I would love to go to university and look into possible pathways to take for my future! :)
5. If you had to summarise your life in a paragraph, what would you say? (Optional).
I'm really fortunate to have loving family and friends, I've never been the most intelligent, talented or outstanding person but I have always tried my hardest and put in lots of effort to achieve my goals and be a good person. I really enjoy just being involved in the community, I am in the Surf Club, I do lots of sports and in-school extracurriculars such as netball and debating! I am heavily involved in leadership in and out of school and also love a bit of competitiveness.

Have any questions feel free to ask!!!!!!!
 :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

PhoenixxFire

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • They/them/theirs
  • Respect: +3102
« Reply #599 on: October 30, 2018, 07:38:24 am »
+5
Welcome to AN ;D
What's your favourite extracurricular?
Do you think you'll continue them all next year?
2019: B. Environment and Sustainability/B. Science @ ANU
2020: Just Vibing
2021: B. Paramedicine/B. Nursing @ ACU Canberra