Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 01:48:38 am

Author Topic: Does Tuitions help in gaining entry in JMSS?  (Read 3007 times)  Share 

If I make it to JMSS

• Adventurer
  • Wanna be friends?
  • Respect: 0
Does Tuitions help in gaining entry in JMSS?
« on: September 20, 2020, 10:52:10 am »
Hey Everyone! :) :)

I recently got accepted at JMSS and I will be joining it as a Year 10 student in 2021.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

To help you guys about the decision to join a tuition or not, I have made this guide.I did join JAC Coaching for a few weeks to help me get past the exam. But what I want to say is that JAC’s courses never helped me. The things which they were teaching me were WAY harder than the real JMSS Test. Especially Maths and Numerical Reasoning. :-X

I was completely stressed out over there and I was barely scoring 50% on the JAC Tests. I left the tuition early as I thought it would be better to buy some practice tests rather than study at JAC. JAC’s teachers were teaching me something which even year 11 students at JMSS would find difficult. ::)

I bought some practice tests from “Striveforexcellencetutoring.com “. This was the thing which really helped me in understanding the format of the exam. Especially, Science reasoning is the most difficult part of the exam and make sure to know how to solve patterns and read graphs etc.

I passed the exam with 4 Superiors, so you can see that coaching isn’t necessary for cracking the JMSS Entry Assessment. I got an interview after this, and luckily, got accepted after that  ;D  ;D ;D

So that’s all I wanted to say  :D
Thanks & if you have any questions, then feel free to reply here or PM me.

8) 8)  8) 8) 8)

I recently got accepted at JMSS 😎😎😎

ihavenolife:(

• Trendsetter
Re: Does Tuitions help in gaining entry in JMSS?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2020, 12:58:07 pm »
Yea I got in without any tutoring, all I did was some of the practice tests from striveforexcellence. There isn't actually much you need to study for (since all the content on the test is just some year 9 content), as long as you just revise the stuff you learnt in school. Also for the science reasoning a lot of it was just interpreting graphs and diagrams, so you don't need much prior knowledge. And how did you find out your results?? I though they came out in term 4
no

If I make it to JMSS

• Adventurer
  • Wanna be friends?
Re: Does Tuitions help in gaining entry in JMSS?
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2020, 01:41:46 pm »
Hi  :)
When I was doing the interview, the Assistant Principal, Andrew Chisholm told me that I did pretty well on the test and that I got 4 Superiors. I was overjoyed by that  ;D

He didn’t tell me on which areas I got those superiors though  ::)
What’s your name? We can be friends! I’m looking forward to meeting you at JMSS  :D ;D

8) 8) 8) 8) My name is Ash  :) ;)
I recently got accepted at JMSS 😎😎😎