Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 06:26:08 pm

Author Topic: Can still get my desired atar?  (Read 1650 times)  Share 

clovvy

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +44
Can still get my desired atar?
« on: May 03, 2018, 09:09:40 am »
Hi guys, I wanted to do Law/advanced science at UNSW and my atar goal is 98+... However my results are not reflecting this at all which stresses me out heaps and have countless of sleepless nights already due to anxiety, and extreme disappointment on myself, I don't want to live 'stupid and incapable'...

Atm these are my half yearlies:
English 16/45 raw (this will be moderated instead) 15% worth
English oral 11/45 (15% worth)
3U 20/35 (30% worth, 3/3)
4U 14/50 (30% worth, 3/3)
Physics 30/60 (20% worth), I have failed my previous by 19/40 (also 20%)
Chemistry 30/60 (20% worth), I have previously received 19/30 (weighs 20% also)....

I am utterly devastated by this and I have tried my best to keep motivated regardless, however this is too much to bear for me and at times I just want to drop out altogether and not do the hsc at all for this year as it seems I am not ready for it mentally..
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 09:33:40 am by clovvy »
2018 HSC: 4U maths, 3U maths, Standard English, Chemistry, Physics

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
Re: Can still get my desired atar?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2018, 06:06:30 pm »
+2
Hey! My answer to you is the same as it is for everyone who asks this question - Yes you can.

Your results right now aren't going to be enough. You know that, I know that, no point sugarcoating that. However, between now and the HSC is over five months, nearly half a year, and that is a butt-tonne of time for improvement and growth.

You will need to work really hard to get your marks up, but if you can do that, absolutely no reason why you can't get 98+. Figure out your weaknesses, put plans in place to address them, and speak to someone about your exam anxiety if it is impacting your mental health! The provisions are in place, why not use them! :)

clovvy

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +44
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2018, 06:39:26 pm »
Hey! My answer to you is the same as it is for everyone who asks this question - Yes you can.

Your results right now aren't going to be enough. You know that, I know that, no point sugarcoating that. However, between now and the HSC is over five months, nearly half a year, and that is a butt-tonne of time for improvement and growth.

You will need to work really hard to get your marks up, but if you can do that, absolutely no reason why you can't get 98+. Figure out your weaknesses, put plans in place to address them, and speak to someone about your exam anxiety if it is impacting your mental health! The provisions are in place, why not use them! :)

Thanks a lot Jamon I was just stressing a lot and I have been suicidal over this lately and planned to jump off a platform which I am scared to do, I will call lifeline soon and will see the school councellor immediately as my anxiety have been prolonged and it is biting me inside out...
2018 HSC: 4U maths, 3U maths, Standard English, Chemistry, Physics

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2018, 06:41:36 pm »
Thanks a lot Jamon I was just stressing a lot and I have been suicidal over this lately and planned to jump off a platform which I am scared to do, I will call lifeline soon and will see the school councellor immediately as my anxiety have been prolonged and it is biting me inside out...

Definitely call Lifeline asap and see the school counsellor tomorrow - Plenty of people deal with these sorts of issues my friend, the facilities are there to make things better, you just need to access them :)