Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 08:26:32 pm

Author Topic: PD from Selective school Exams 2020  (Read 4332 times)  Share 

ilikepositivity

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
PD from Selective school Exams 2020
« on: August 21, 2019, 07:14:31 am »
Hi -
I created this topic so that we can keep each other updated on the status of PD.
I got a PD from MacRobs, no second offers because my school has already reached the 5% allowed - so PD is my only option to get in.

Aug 16th was the cut off date to submit applications for PD - has anyone got their interview letters yet? Any ideas, when to expect this?

Cheers

Weirdobtsarmy

• Forum Regular
Re: PD from Selective school Exams 2020
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2019, 10:42:21 am »
I got my late offer on monday from suzanne cory, and i didn't even get a PD. I don't know why but I was the only one in my school that got a late offer  :-\
Since you have a PD, chances are very high for you. Just wait a little longer, cause you sure will get a second offer.
i got a PD for nossal :0
and a first round offer to schs and second round offer to macrob :)

ilikepositivity

• Adventurer
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2019, 11:15:57 am »
I got my late offer on monday from suzanne cory, and i didn't even get a PD. I don't know why but I was the only one in my school that got a late offer  :-\
Since you have a PD, chances are very high for you. Just wait a little longer, cause you sure will get a second offer.

hey, congratulations!!! happy for you.
Unfortunately, I hear that second and third round offers are subject to the 5% rule(I wish I am wrong about this ).
5% (2 of 30) from my school has already accepted their offer - so I dont think there will be further offers coming for my school :-(

ilikepositivity

• Adventurer
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2019, 11:16:41 am »

Lucky you!1 Congrats!!

Weirdobtsarmy

• Forum Regular
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2019, 02:59:05 pm »
Lucky you!1 Congrats!!
thank u, im sure u will get a late offer :)

babyhales

• Forum Regular
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2019, 04:42:54 pm »
Hi -
I created this topic so that we can keep each other updated on the status of PD.
I got a PD from MacRobs, no second offers because my school has already reached the 5% allowed - so PD is my only option to get in.

Aug 16th was the cut off date to submit applications for PD - has anyone got their interview letters yet? Any ideas, when to expect this?

Cheers

Hey! I received an interview offer for Mac.Rob yesterday at 1pm!

ilikepositivity

• Adventurer
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2019, 05:22:35 pm »
Thats positive news. I thought they would start coming in only from next week. All the Best to you! Is your interview scheduled for next week?

babyhales

• Forum Regular
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2019, 05:30:50 pm »
Thats positive news. I thought they would start coming in only from next week. All the Best to you! Is your interview scheduled for next week?

Yes, my interview is next week. I didn’t expect it so early either

blackcocoa

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2019, 05:53:06 pm »
Hey! I received an interview offer for Mac.Rob yesterday at 1pm!

All the best for the interview. Message me if you feel some info on school culture (general) might help your preparation.

5% (2 of 30) from my school has already accepted their offer - so I dont think there will be further offers coming for my school :-(

5% rule is based on the size of your school's Yr8 cohort, not how many of them sat the exam.

jvet

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2019, 06:02:38 pm »
Hi -

Cheers

From personal experience (I did pd for mhs and got in), I reckon the best way to secure your chances of getting into the school is by:

1. How you brand yourself. Make sure you get across that you have a wide variety of interests and that you're academically talented. Also make sure you bring up any awards you've won. Do this in the private interview.

2. Stand out. In the group interview/conversation, make sure you speak up and show that you have a unique way of thinking. They usually get you to look at something as a group and have a discussion afterwards, try to mention something that isn't clearly obvious or that shows how observant you are.

3. Think about the generic questions you'd expect them to ask you (why do you want to go to this school, what is your weakness) because they probably will ask you those questions in the private interview.

Weirdobtsarmy

• Forum Regular
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2019, 06:14:35 pm »
From personal experience (I did pd for mhs and got in), I reckon the best way to secure your chances of getting into the school is by:

1. How you brand yourself. Make sure you get across that you have a wide variety of interests and that you're academically talented. Also make sure you bring up any awards you've won. Do this in the private interview.

2. Stand out. In the group interview/conversation, make sure you speak up and show that you have a unique way of thinking. They usually get you to look at something as a group and have a discussion afterwards, try to mention something that isn't clearly obvious or that shows how observant you are.

3. Think about the generic questions you'd expect them to ask you (why do you want to go to this school, what is your weakness) because they probably will ask you those questions in the private interview.

hey everyone! had anyone gotten an interview offer from Nossal?

babyhales

• Forum Regular
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2019, 06:16:32 pm »
hey everyone! had anyone gotten an interview offer from Nossal?

Did you? My friend got a Pd for Nossal and they haven’t received anything yet

Weirdobtsarmy

• Forum Regular
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2019, 06:18:37 pm »
Did you? My friend got a Pd for Nossal and they haven’t received anything yet
no i havnt recieved anything yet as well ... im terrified

m.yara184

• Trendsetter
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2019, 06:23:18 pm »
HOW DID U GET MAC ROB WITH A PD FOR NOSSAL?!! I GOT FIRST ROUND OFFER TO NOSSAL AND A PD FOR MHS.

Chandied

• Adventurer
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2019, 06:29:56 pm »
Hello, I received an interview for Macrob, and I'm VERY scared. Does anyone have any tips on how to prepare for the interview, what questions they will ask, etc?? Thanks!