Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 12:14:02 pm

Author Topic: Chemistry student experiment  (Read 2312 times)

jasmine24

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +1
Chemistry student experiment
« on: April 27, 2021, 04:15:43 pm »
My final for my chem SI is due friday and was wondering if anyone could give me just brief feedback before then :)

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
Re: Chemistry student experiment
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2021, 09:38:37 pm »
+1
Hey, if you post it up I'm happy to give you some feedback :)

jasmine24

• Forum Regular
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2021, 04:19:04 pm »
Hey, if you post it up I'm happy to give you some feedback :)
thank you! This is the link to my assignment 
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1sUtuCNT4v-TQbrR0eIE7YEwOurJgxc8C5g2e_kpqvPc/edit?usp=sharing
« Last Edit: April 28, 2021, 06:09:21 pm by jasmine24 »

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2021, 04:29:02 pm »
+1
Super quick feedback now so I can get it to you quickly:

- love your ideas, sometimes you could improve fluency from one sentence to the next (reread your intro)
- highlighted extension looks good - this would just need to be seperate to controlling temp to one constant value.

Hope this helps :)

jasmine24

• Forum Regular
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2021, 05:55:02 pm »

- love your ideas, sometimes you could improve fluency from one sentence to the next (reread your intro)
- highlighted extension looks good - this would just need to be seperate to controlling temp to one constant value.

Thank you so much! I was just unsure about the highlighted extension as i got marked down last year when I used a similar one, I tried to be more explicit in how it connects to the limitations of my experiment this time so i hope it would be fine  :)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2021, 06:24:21 pm by jasmine24 »

jasmine24

• Forum Regular
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2021, 06:26:06 pm »

As i was editing, i realised i miscalcuated the percentage uncertiaity to be 0.25% instead of 25% so i had to change some things and was wondering if you could give specific just in the interpretation of evidence section as i'm not sure if it makes sense 

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2021, 07:38:13 pm »
As i was editing, i realised i miscalcuated the percentage uncertiaity to be 0.25% instead of 25% so i had to change some things and was wondering if you could give specific just in the interpretation of evidence section as i'm not sure if it makes sense 

It looks like the percentage uncertainty is still listed as 0.25 - am I looking at the correct version of the document?

jasmine24

• Forum Regular
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2021, 07:51:28 pm »
It looks like the percentage uncertainty is still listed as 0.25 - am I looking at the correct version of the document?
whoops sorry, this is the link to the updated version :)
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Uhc4hXDGGqedJWJ11filfGN9EvU5LHQEV2E0f_7ljFc/edit?usp=sharing

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2021, 10:15:26 am »
whoops sorry, this is the link to the updated version :)
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Uhc4hXDGGqedJWJ11filfGN9EvU5LHQEV2E0f_7ljFc/edit?usp=sharing

The aim of this experiment was to determine the relationship between H+concentration in HCl and electrical conductivity by measuring current and pH. The graphical representation of the data(graph-3)displays a linear relationship where when H+concentration increased from 0.182-0.986M, so did its electrical conductivity where the current increased from 0.965-2.750mA. This indicates, for HCl, varying H+concentration can affect the degree of electrical conductivity, even when Karemains constant. Although the correlation of this relationship can be confirmed through a high R2value(0.9844), the percentage uncertainty of 25.587% is relatively high. Thus, it can only be concluded with low precision, according to the measurements, increasing the H+concentration of HCl in an electrical circuit increases current and hence conductivity.

My question here, is have you updated your error bars & do they all pass through the trendline? Would be nice to see validity discussed here.

Your second sentence is a bit grammatically awkward & you could express what R^2 tells you more clearly but it looks like you're on the right track :)