Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 24, 2024, 12:17:54 am

Author Topic: Old Marking Rules  (Read 63439 times)

chloeannbarwick

• Forum Regular
Re: Old Marking Rules
« Reply #45 on: April 24, 2017, 02:03:03 pm »
it must be hard for you guys to keep track of how many points people need!
Get it done now, and you'll have less to do later

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
« Reply #46 on: April 24, 2017, 05:06:52 pm »
it must be hard for you guys to keep track of how many points people need!

I have a huge spreadsheet with links to everyones profiles, we track it that way ;)

You are short 2 posts for your essay in the Advanced board by the way Chloe! Most of your posts have been super helpful and awesome, so thank you! A few were removed because they were in old threads (you get warned if it is more than a month old) or otherwise considered spam. Don't stress, happens to a lot of people - Basically it prevents people posting just to get stuff marked :)

chloeannbarwick

• Forum Regular
« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2017, 07:47:07 pm »
I have a huge spreadsheet with links to everyones profiles, we track it that way ;)

You are short 2 posts for your essay in the Advanced board by the way Chloe! Most of your posts have been super helpful and awesome, so thank you! A few were removed because they were in old threads (you get warned if it is more than a month old) or otherwise considered spam. Don't stress, happens to a lot of people - Basically it prevents people posting just to get stuff marked :)

That makes sense! It's actually a really good system that you have going here! I'm really looking forward to using this site for the remainder of my schooling!
Get it done now, and you'll have less to do later

ollawren

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #48 on: June 04, 2017, 01:14:52 pm »
Hey, 
I know I'm kind of late to this party, but I was at the Caufield Expo and one of the guy's working for ATAR Notes told me that I could send in my practice essays to be marked. I'm in VCE, and looking at these posts, I've only seen people from HSC. Do you still grade essays for VCE students as well??
thx thx thx :))))))))))))))))

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #49 on: June 04, 2017, 07:17:28 pm »
Hey, 
I know I'm kind of late to this party, but I was at the Caufield Expo and one of the guy's working for ATAR Notes told me that I could send in my practice essays to be marked. I'm in VCE, and looking at these posts, I've only seen people from HSC. Do you still grade essays for VCE students as well??
thx thx thx :))))))))))))))))

Hey! Welcome, fashionably late I'd say ;)

I reckon they were talking about the VCE English Work Submission and Marking Section - I reckon go post your essay in there! Pretty sure they don't go by all the posting requirement stuff we do in the HSC ;D

bearbear

• Adventurer
« Reply #50 on: June 17, 2017, 01:08:48 pm »
Hi, I'm just a bit confused as to how many posts are needed to have an essay marked. I new to ATARNotes and I have been reading through the forums and some places I have seen that you need 15 posts and other places I have seen that you only need 5.

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #51 on: June 17, 2017, 01:17:44 pm »
Hi, I'm just a bit confused as to how many posts are needed to have an essay marked. I new to ATARNotes and I have been reading through the forums and some places I have seen that you need 15 posts and other places I have seen that you only need 5.

Hey! The requirement is 15 posts everywhere. It used to be 5 posts, but we upped it as the forums got busier ;D

Hebah

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2017, 12:23:24 am »
I'm late to! I wish I knew about this earlier because i really really appreciate this service you guys offer, itll help me so much hopefully!
This might be a really dumb question, I apologise.
Can I ask if the legitimate posts must be 15 posts collectively for one essay to be marked? Or if its for an english essay I have to post in the english section or legal essay I have to post in the legal?

Wales

• MOTM: JUN 2017
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #53 on: June 22, 2017, 12:25:33 am »
I'm late to! I wish I knew about this earlier because i really really appreciate this service you guys offer, itll help me so much hopefully!
This might be a really dumb question, I apologise.
Can I ask if the legitimate posts must be 15 posts collectively for one essay to be marked? Or if its for an english essay I have to post in the english section or legal essay I have to post in the legal?

I believe it's anywhere :) Help others out, ask for help. As long as the contributions are meaningful then you're set!
Heavy Things :(

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #54 on: June 22, 2017, 12:26:10 am »
Collective :) You can post anywhere. As long as your posts are valid (meaning not just spam), then they'll be fine.
Experience in teaching at both secondary and tertiary levels.

website // new forum profile

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #55 on: July 10, 2017, 12:25:09 am »
With the Trial period upon us, our essay marking services are getting very busy. To make sure your markers can keep up without skimping on the detail, the posting requirement has been increased to 25 posts per response. All essays posted from today onwards (10th July) and for the foreseeable future will "cost" 25 posts :)

If you are unsure about how many posts you need to be eligible for your next bit of feedback, give a shout! ;D

Note: A reminder that the 25 posts need to be genuine contributions. Posting a heap of 10 word questions in different threads as fast as you can just to get an essay marked is really obvious, and we'll delete spam like this as we need to. The more we have to deal with this, the less time we have to mark, and the more the requirement goes up. We hope everyone can understand the intent of this system, and we're keen to help as many of you with your responses as we can ;D

rodero

• Forum Obsessive
  • Professional quote and statistic generator
« Reply #56 on: July 10, 2017, 03:12:33 pm »
Hey I'd like to post my creative for marking soon. How many posts do I need to become eligible? I seem to have lost count :)
HSC 2017:
English (Advanced): 91    Legal Studies: 92    Modern History: 91    Studies of Religion 2: 90    Business Studies: 92

ATAR: 96.75

Need tutoring? Click here!

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #57 on: July 10, 2017, 03:19:36 pm »
Hey I'd like to post my creative for marking soon. How many posts do I need to become eligible? I seem to have lost count :)

You needed 70, so you're all set :)

johnk21

• Trailblazer
« Reply #58 on: July 16, 2017, 07:39:57 pm »
Hi,
I would love to use your essay marking service but I am worried about someone copying my essay and plagiarizing it...

brenden

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #59 on: July 16, 2017, 09:03:47 pm »
Hi,
I would love to use your essay marking service but I am worried about someone copying my essay and plagiarizing it...

You have to weigh up the pros and the cons :)
✌️just do what makes you happy ✌️