Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 11:04:57 pm

Author Topic: Can I still get a good study score with average SAC marks?  (Read 1943 times)  Share 

seiilo

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Can I still get a good study score with average SAC marks?
« on: October 27, 2018, 04:33:53 pm »
I've been pretty interested in Japanese the past three years, so I decided to continue it in year 12. My Japanese skills are fairly decent, but I guess I came into 3/4 being overconfident because while I would say I have good language skills, I didn't know how to fit the criteria and get high scoring sacs, and they mostly all ended up around the 70%~ mark, and probably ranked in the middle of my cohort. I originally wanted a study score of 40+, but now I'm aiming more towards a 35, what exam marks would be needed to achieve that if possible? I already had my oral exam, and while I don't know my mark I saw one of the examiners write B+, B+, A+ on her sheet, so i'm going to assume around 75%.

Sorry for the long ramble, thanks!

vox nihili

• National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +1447
Re: Can I still get a good study score with average SAC marks?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2018, 10:03:10 pm »
I've been pretty interested in Japanese the past three years, so I decided to continue it in year 12. My Japanese skills are fairly decent, but I guess I came into 3/4 being overconfident because while I would say I have good language skills, I didn't know how to fit the criteria and get high scoring sacs, and they mostly all ended up around the 70%~ mark, and probably ranked in the middle of my cohort. I originally wanted a study score of 40+, but now I'm aiming more towards a 35, what exam marks would be needed to achieve that if possible? I already had my oral exam, and while I don't know my mark I saw one of the examiners write B+, B+, A+ on her sheet, so i'm going to assume around 75%.

Sorry for the long ramble, thanks!

Yes 35 is still possible.

I guess at the end of the day, your best chance of succeeding is by putting as much effort as you can into the exam. That sounds ridiculous, but really at the end of the day questions such as this (of which there are many on AN) are meaningless in that they really won't change the outcome of your score. What will change the outcome, and maximise your score, is ensuring that you do as well as you can on the exam :)
2013-15: BBiomed (Biochemistry and Molecular Biology), UniMelb
2016-20: MD, UniMelb
2019-20: MPH, UniMelb
2021-: GDipBiostat, USyd