Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 10:32:37 am

Author Topic: Bee(a) buzzing through the hsc  (Read 28901 times)

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
Re: Bee(a) buzzing through the hsc
« Reply #60 on: September 20, 2017, 12:00:03 am »
+5
i graduate tomorrow. this high school chapter is about to end...

Good luck with graduation!!! So excited for you ;D

beatroot

• HSC LECTURER
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +1566
« Reply #61 on: September 21, 2017, 12:40:25 am »
+12
september 20, 2017

we did it. the graduating class of 2017. we made it to the end of our schooling life.
today has been a very long day. i'll try my best to explain.

- first period: we had to answer a survey about the school, what was its strengths and weaknesses etc. we were also asked to sign the school's yearbook.
- second period: had to practice our year group song that we were gonna sing at our school's graduation assembly

graduation assembly:
- our student leadership team had to pass down their roles to the newly elected leadership team of 2017-2018.
- our school captain said a really nice and inspiring speech.
- next year's school captain said a really touching speech, nearly cried. she was amazing
- the two videos i edited for the assembly were featured. the first video was of memories from year 7 to year 12. really hilarious photos were featured and some cute photos as well. there were alot of giggles and awwws from my year group. the other video consisted of our baby photo, year 7 and year 12 video. there were definitely more giggles and awwws for this video.
- had this cute bit during assembly where a year 7 would give us a hug and a flower. it was sooo adorable
- sang our year group song (breakaway by kelly clarkson) infront of the school. we were terrible and super loud, but hey it's our last day.
- the students made this arch and we had to run outside. one of the girls guided us in our year 12 chant.

"interwar" period:
- as soon as assembly ended, we could go home. but me and my friends decided to order pizza and eat at the school.
- gave my thank you cards to all my teachers. also gave my gifts to my visual arts and society & culture teachers. im gonna miss them so much.

graduation mass:
- i honestly couldn't contain my giggles during mass because my favourite teacher sat behind me and his singing nearly killed me. im going to miss him so much.
- had to sit in the front row (because i was a speaker) so i had the "full" experience of the mass
- the father gave a good homily about graduating and venturing the outside world.
- i had to do my part in the prayers of intercession and said the prayer in two languages!
- we received personalised candles with our names on them which were super adorable

supper:
- year 11 hospitality girls cooked our supper for tonight and they were DELICIOUS
- got pics with all my favourite teachers and all my friends

graduation ceremony:
- we had to walk down a literal red carpet in our school hall with an irish jig in the background. don't ask why an irish jig was played, ask my favourite teacher ;)
- the school gave us a folder with our graduation certificate, pictures and a letter from the ceo.
- i received two awards; academic application for standard english and first in course for visual arts. these awards mean the world to me. i also got a gift voucher for eckersley's which is pretty cool
- special awards were given to the other girls in my year group.
- my friend performed a beautiful violin piece and a girl performed her hsc drama monologue.
- another video was played with our year 12 pictures. i'm not exaggerating when at least ten girls turned to face me and asked "did you edit this?". turns out it was (really unexpected) my favourite teacher! super proud.
- the principal's award for contribution to college life was given to two girls in my year group and me! I was given the award last and people cheered for me when i got on the stage. i felt so blessed. it has been an honour to have been a media representative for the school. from this award, i got a gift voucher for harry hartog. guess who's gonna go treat her self this weekend ;)
- sang our school's anthem for the last time.
- had our final roll call and walked out the hall. we did our year 12 chant for the last time ever

aftermath:
- one of my friends started crying, so i cried
- had to say goodbye to our common room, which is going to be converted into a classroom next term. we are so blessed to have been the last year group to use the common room.
- hugged my teachers and even started crying in front of my society & culture teacher and also cried in front of the two science teachers.
- cried more when i saw two of my friends
- cried more in my uber. uber driver was so nice to me during the ride

I would like to formally thank my school for being the best school ever. I have found all my beautiful friends, amazing teachers and most of all; myself at this school. We have such a tiny cohort that we know each other personally and we are so supportive of one another. I couldn't have asked for a better group of girls to graduate with. I will miss them.

I would like to thank all my teachers. I admit I am a teacher's pet, but that's because I truly enjoy talking to my teachers. They're basically my mentors. I hope I can keep in touch with them after the HSC. Knowing me, I'll probably come visit my school when I'm at uni. The principal even asked me if I'll return to take more photos for the school and to that I said 'of course I will'

Now where to now? I gotta fix up my study schedule, finalise my portfolio for AFTRS and smash the HSC!
Which will hold greater rule over you? Your fear or your curiosity?

Please note that I am no longer active on the forums.
If you need any assistance, please message an admin or a natmod instead.

beatroot

• HSC LECTURER
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #62 on: September 22, 2017, 10:29:49 pm »
+6
i will officially start my hsc revision tomorrow. i have english tutoring early in the morning.

rant lol
after lying and sleeping in my bed for the past two days, clearly still upset about graduating, i discovered that my media teacher wrote me a letter of recommendation for my film portfolio. the thing is, i've already gotten one from my art teacher already and i really prefer her letter over my media teacher's.  i've known my art teacher longer (since year 8) and i've known my media teacher since year 11. i really don't know how to tell my media that i'm not using her letter ... i feel bad

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #63 on: September 22, 2017, 10:46:32 pm »
+5
i will officially start my hsc revision tomorrow. i have english tutoring early in the morning.

You've got this Bea! We're here if you need us ;D

Spoiler
This might be one of those things you just keep to yourself. It doesn't devalue their gesture in any way if you don't use it, and telling them you aren't using it is probably unnecessary! That's my opinion at least - I don't think there's anything wrong with just keeping that hidden and letting their gesture speak for itself :)

beatroot

• HSC LECTURER
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #64 on: September 23, 2017, 06:22:55 pm »
+7
september 23, 2017

day one of hsc revision

- worked on mod a with my english tutor. i am amazed how she can whip out a beautifully constructed analysis in a matter of seconds and makes me wish that i could be like that one day
- tried doing the 2005 maths paper and just gave up. i had to keep looking at the solutions because my brain started to hurt. super upset that i can't even make it past question six.
- nothing much really. very unproductive day.
- though i'm planning on writing notes for society & culture tonight

not really relevant, but you could read if you want
i really want to dye my hair blue black during these holidays. i'm entering my 'rebellious teen' stage at this really late point of my youth. i just need to take my mind off the hsc so that i could stop pressuring myself and stressing

prickles

• Forum Obsessive
  • Goals are just dreams with deadlines
  • Respect: +268
« Reply #65 on: September 23, 2017, 08:34:06 pm »
+3
not really relevant, but you could read if you want
i really want to dye my hair blue black during these holidays. i'm entering my 'rebellious teen' stage at this really late point of my youth. i just need to take my mind off the hsc so that i could stop pressuring myself and stressing
Dye your hair!! If you have permission etc etc...do it as a reward/motivation when you are feeling frustrated/angry/utterly worthless  :D

beatroot

• HSC LECTURER
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #66 on: September 24, 2017, 12:42:40 pm »
+5
Dye your hair!! If you have permission etc etc...do it as a reward/motivation when you are feeling frustrated/angry/utterly worthless  :D

Spoiler
I'm planning on buying this temporary hair dye that lasts for 8 washes. If it looks good then I'll permanently dye my hair ;) super excited

beatroot

• HSC LECTURER
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #67 on: September 25, 2017, 07:53:35 pm »
+5
can't look at the archibald fountain the same way again rip

fantasticbeasts3

• NSW MVP - 2018
  • Part of the furniture
  • Im Moment studiere ich kein Deutsch :-(
  • Respect: +864
« Reply #68 on: September 25, 2017, 07:58:05 pm »
+5

sorry not sorry
HSC 2017: English (Standard) // Mathematics // Modern History // Legal Studies // Business Studies
2018-2022: B International Studies/B Media (PR & Advertising) @ UNSW

katie,rinos

• Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +1151
« Reply #69 on: September 25, 2017, 07:59:24 pm »
+4
I'm laughing whenever I see DF now!  :D
Class of 2017 (Year 12): Advanced English, General Maths, Legal Studies, Music 1, Ancient History, History Extension, Hospitality
2018-2022: B Music/B Education (Secondary) [UNSW]

beatroot

• HSC LECTURER
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #70 on: September 26, 2017, 09:46:00 pm »
+8
september 26, 2017

after the meetup yesterday, i woke up today feeling refreshed and was determined to get a lot done today

- i wrote a three page english essay for mod a (tad bit longer than i expected. hoping my teacher will enjoy marking it when i submit it to her tomorrow)
- answered the sparta questions from the 2015 ancient paper. i literally had three books in front of me. so much information to memorise ???
- did questions 1-7 in the 2007 mathematics paper
- gave my friend feedback on her creative
- even did the laundry and cleaned my room (this is a miracle considering i'm a really lazy person)

very productive day indeed ...

also shoutout to susie for reading over my application for film school! really appreciate it!!  ;D  ;D

Spoiler
asked my mother if i could dye my hair black blue and she said no. rip. i gotta wait when i've got grey hair to dye it ahaha

beatroot

• HSC LECTURER
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #71 on: October 01, 2017, 07:26:12 pm »
+6
the hsc is slowly approaching which is scaring me a lot. all i've done is my film application, two maths past papers (ignored the hard questions at the end though), one english essay and one set of sparta questions ...

i'm hoping to submit my film application tomorrow so that i can focus on my hsc studies. i'm currently prioritising english, maths and ancient seeing that they are my first exams. society & culture and visual arts are my last two.

october 16 (monday): paper one
october 17 (tuesday): paper two
october 23 (monday): mathematics
october 24 (tuesday) ancient history
november 2 (thursday): society & culture
november 3 (friday): visual arts

as you can see, my subjects are back to back... thanks nesa i guess ...
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 07:27:49 pm by beatroot »

beatroot

• HSC LECTURER
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #72 on: October 03, 2017, 12:23:49 am »
+9
just submitted my film portfolio!!!!! (results come out in the third week of november). can't believe it's all over, after all the drama and stress. what a relief honestly.

now i just have to study for the hsc. i'm really aiming for a 90 ATAR now instead of the 85. the atar calculator said if i get:

english: 85-87+
maths: 83+
visual arts: 96+
sac: 84+
ancient: 83+

for my hsc marks, i can get 91.10. the thought of being recognised as a 90+ atar student at my school's high achievers assembly next year is nice. though i wouldn't mind getting 85+. but still ;)

i want my friends' atars to go up, my year group to work together and get the school a decent ranking this year. but most importantly, i want to make my parents proud. they've worked so hard to get me where i am and the least i can do is to perform well in the hsc.

that would be nice.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 12:31:14 am by beatroot »

beatroot

• HSC LECTURER
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #73 on: October 03, 2017, 10:05:55 pm »
+5
october 3, 2017

procrastinated WAY too much today. in my study timetable, i said i would do my buddhism notes, do my mod c essay and answer the 2006 maths paper. but guess what? it's already 10pm and all i've done is half my essay and a half page worth of notes.

maybe i should've given myself a day break after submitting my portfolio.
i regret everything.

although to be fair, i watched billy elliot, found a new ort for mod c and read some parts of my prescribed text for mod b (it's a book)
i should give myself a pat on the back for that.

it's been a very english day today. my english teacher would be proud.

beatroot

• HSC LECTURER
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #74 on: October 04, 2017, 11:29:29 pm »
+6
october 4, 2017

i am SERIOUSLY doing a bad job with revising for the hsc. with 12 days left, i want to try to get one english essay, half of a maths paper and a set of ancient questions done per day. if i have extra time, i'll make notes for society & culture. as for art, i'm leaving my revision four days before the exam. i feel that for art, the less i revise for it, the more bs comes out of my exam. and that bs turns out pretty well.

i'll update you guys how i go tomorrow.