Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 02:56:58 pm

Author Topic: Maccas interview  (Read 1344 times)  Share 

toughertalman

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Maccas interview
« on: March 16, 2019, 09:29:23 am »
So I have a one-on-one interview for next week and I'm absolutely shitting bricks as this is the first one I'm going to.
Also doesn't help that I have personality of a stick.

Any help?
Thanks

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
Re: Maccas interview
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2019, 09:54:09 am »
+8
This is generic advice since I'm not familiar with McDonald's hiring processes

There are some pretty common interview questions that regularly come up, so googling these and come up with responses may help you feel prepared. It's also very useful to think of situations where you have demonstrated the Key Selection Criteria they're looking for. (Eg if they want someone with teamwork skills think of a school, sport, extracurricular etc situation where you've shown that.)

No one would be expecting you to show up in a suit but don't show up wearing thongs or similar either. For an interview for a teen/young adult I'd recommend wearing clothing that isn't distressed - maybe jeans and a nice top for an informal/casual interview. You could also wear your school uniform - especially if the interview is on a school day.

As soon as you get on the premises, always assume that anyone there could have an input on whether you're successful - be polite and courteous to everyone (not that you shouldn't do this normally anyway). Remember that they want you to be a successful candidate too, and you've gotten this far for a reason.

Good luck :)

codsta769

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +14
Re: Maccas interview
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2019, 06:56:15 pm »
For any future Maccas applicants from a 6 years employee:

Usually if you get an interview, theres a good chance you will get the job. The interview at Maccas is more of a confirmation for the hiring manager to confirm your availabilities, details and working rights. They might ask one or two questions on why you wanna work at maccas and what area of the restaurant your interested in working at (back area or front area).

Ways to increase the chances getting the job:
1. Have your availability as open as possible- the more hours you are available the more likely you will get called for an interview.
2. Be confident- make the manager feel that you will be a reliable employee. A large portion of new employees are either under-rostered or fired after their first few weeks due to not turning up to shifts or regular excuses to not work (whether its sickness or family emergencies).
3. Do well in the recruitment quiz- will be a contributing factor is there are a lot of candidates.
4. The younger, the better- Although i dont like that Maccas do this, but they usually prefer to hire young people (14, 15, 16) because they are cheaper. If you have graduated high school and want to seek Maccas as a job, then being 17/18 is usually good as well because they have no one else to roster during those hours.
Final year Bachelor of Business Student@ University of Technology Sydney (UTS).
Majors in Marketing and Human Resource Management.

HSC Class of 2017:
Standard English
General Mathematics
Business Studies
Legal Studies
Senior Science
Studies of Religion I