Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 25, 2024, 07:52:58 pm

Author Topic: Veterinary Science/Bsci/DVM  (Read 999 times)  Share 

echan02

• Adventurer
  • aspiring veterinarian?
  • Respect: 0
Veterinary Science/Bsci/DVM
« on: September 28, 2019, 11:20:11 pm »
Hello students,
I'm back again with another one of my DVM queries. So I'm doing really bad in chemistry and methods for VCE...and I checked the recommended course design stating that you need both Chemistry 1 & 2, as well as physics fundamentals. Would it be really difficult to get the required marks to get into DVM?

Many thanks,
A concerned VCE student
:)

colline

• MOTM: NOV 19
  • Forum Obsessive
  • ♡ 2 Timothy 1:7 ♡
  • Respect: +512
Re: Veterinary Science/Bsci/DVM
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2019, 11:44:35 pm »
+1
Hello echan! Fellow aspiring veterinarian here ;) if you check the entry requirements for Bachelor of Science on the Melbourne Uni website, it says that the completion of VCE chemistry is only RECOMMENDED, however it is not a prerequisite.

As for physics fundamentals, that’s a university unit so you don’t technically have to stress about it during VCE. However if you complete VCE physics unit 3/4 then you won’t need physics fundamentals once you’re in uni.

Also, the completion of physics is only required if you want to enter DVM through the ‘accelerated route’ (6 years instead of 7). If you wish to go through the normal pathway, physics is not needed.

You can enter DVM through two different ways, the accelerated or the normal pathway. You get guaranteed entry into the accelerated pathway if you fulfil the prerequisites for Bachelor of Science, and also receive an ATAR of 98.50 or above. If you don’t, there are still many ways to get in once you’re in uni, so don’t stress!

VCE: Literature [50] Methods [50] Further [48] Chemistry [40] Biology [33]
2022: Bachelor of Science (Mathematical Economics) @ ANU