Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 11:54:27 pm

Author Topic: Tempestuously cruising through the HSC  (Read 73524 times)

paigek3

• Forum Obsessive
  • My name is Ella
  • Respect: +126
Re: Tempestuously cruising through the HSC
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2017, 09:58:31 pm »
I don't remember it exactly word for word because we did it last term, but it was something like; Evaluate the law's ability to uphold individuals responsible for their actions. It's not a notoriously difficult question, but it was worded completely differently to how everyone expected—I was almost certain it would be what I had prepared for. Though apparently someone in our class got 25/25 for it... it shall be interesting to see who that is, definitely NOT me hahaha! I had to adapt so much more than I had anticipated, but I'm relatively confident with how I executed my response (didn't get time to look over it at the end though), so if I get 23 or over, I'll be happy.. which I bloody hope I get, considering I spent 75% of the exam duration on its 33% worth of the test lol

You never know it could infact be you! Good luck and let us know how you go!
HSC subjects
Advanced English | Extension 1 English | Extension 2 English | Legal Studies | PDHPE | Society and Culture | General 2 Maths

Need HSC tutoring, mentoring or essay marking? I'm offering all of that online! Check out all the offers, pricing and details here https://bandsevenhsctutoring.wordpress.com/blog/ and feel free to get in contact with me if you want any more info :)

paigek3

• Forum Obsessive
  • My name is Ella
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2017, 10:06:30 pm »
Also, I know you wanted to do Ext 2 English. Have you looked at doing it online with Sydney distance education? Because as it’s a major work you don’t even really need face to face time with online communication!
HSC subjects
Advanced English | Extension 1 English | Extension 2 English | Legal Studies | PDHPE | Society and Culture | General 2 Maths

Need HSC tutoring, mentoring or essay marking? I'm offering all of that online! Check out all the offers, pricing and details here https://bandsevenhsctutoring.wordpress.com/blog/ and feel free to get in contact with me if you want any more info :)

Lumenoria

• MOTM: JUN 18
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +85
Tempestuously cruising through the HSC
« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2017, 10:13:04 pm »
You never know it could infact be you! Good luck and let us know how you go!
Haha sure thing, and man I wish. Pretty sure it's my friend that has a 98 average in legal and gets the highest mark on literally every essay though hahahahaha
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 10:16:59 pm by Lumenoria »
HSC 2018 (ATAR 96.35) - English Advanced (96) | Mathematics General (87) | Legal Studies (94) | Economics (89) | Industrial Technology (94)

Lumenoria

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2017, 10:16:38 pm »

Also, I know you wanted to do Ext 2 English. Have you looked at doing it online with Sydney distance education? Because as it’s a major work you don’t even really need face to face time with online communication!
Nope I haven't actually! I just searched it up though, and it appears they don't offer English Ext 2? They seem to allow every other course from the looks of it though, which is kinda strange haha. Even if it was offered, I'm conflicted as to how it would work... like for example, how would your internal mark/ranking be calculated if all you do is your major work?
HSC 2018 (ATAR 96.35) - English Advanced (96) | Mathematics General (87) | Legal Studies (94) | Economics (89) | Industrial Technology (94)

paigek3

• Forum Obsessive
  • My name is Ella
« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2017, 10:19:39 pm »
Nope I haven't actually! I just searched it up though, and it appears they don't offer English Ext 2? They seem to allow every other course from the looks of it though, which is kinda strange haha. Even if it was offered, I'm conflicted as to how it would work... like for example, how would your internal mark/ranking be calculated if all you do is your major work?

Aw no that sucks!!! There’s a few assignments you do actually, there’s the Viva Voce which is like your proposal that you do first, and then you hand in various other sections along the way that act as ‘drafts’ including a full version at the end which each one you get marked on. So that’s how your internals get put together :)

EDIT: I just found this! You can enrol for a single subject and they offer ext 2... might be work at loooking! https://www.karabardec.com.au/Enrolment-Information/Procedures-Single-Course-Students.aspx I’m also happy to be a tutor/mentor for you for ext English if you’d like as I offer it! So I can assist in drafting your major work and fulfilling the assignments when needed. PM me for more info!
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 10:24:35 pm by paigek3 »
HSC subjects

Lumenoria

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2017, 08:33:28 am »
+1

Aw no that sucks!!! There’s a few assignments you do actually, there’s the Viva Voce which is like your proposal that you do first, and then you hand in various other sections along the way that act as ‘drafts’ including a full version at the end which each one you get marked on. So that’s how your internals get put together :)

EDIT: I just found this! You can enrol for a single subject and they offer ext 2... might be work at loooking! https://www.karabardec.com.au/Enrolment-Information/Procedures-Single-Course-Students.aspx I’m also happy to be a tutor/mentor for you for ext English if you’d like as I offer it! So I can assist in drafting your major work and fulfilling the assignments when needed. PM me for more info!
Aw, that's seriously SO kind of you to offer—thankyou! I've taken a look at the link and in hindsight, I don't think I'll do it. I already have a massive major work to do for Multimedia which is already so stressful as is, so having to complete two would be insurmountable—atleast for me lol. If I wasn't doing multimedia, I would seriously consider it but unfortunately that's not the case here. Moreover, I was considering it as a means to drop Mathematics, but I think I'm kinda getting the gist of the subject—after putting in some effort, it's not as bad as I used to believe. Anyways, I wish you the best of luck in your tutoring services, you'll do great! :) X

paigek3

• Forum Obsessive
  • My name is Ella
« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2017, 11:41:58 am »
Aw, that's seriously SO kind of you to offer—thankyou! I've taken a look at the link and in hindsight, I don't think I'll do it. I already have a massive major work to do for Multimedia which is already so stressful as is, so having to complete two would be insurmountable—atleast for me lol. If I wasn't doing multimedia, I would seriously consider it but unfortunately that's not the case here. Moreover, I was considering it as a means to drop Mathematics, but I think I'm kinda getting the gist of the subject—after putting in some effort, it's not as bad as I used to believe. Anyways, I wish you the best of luck in your tutoring services, you'll do great! :) X

No worries!!! Completely understand though I reckon it’s best to work just on one major work. Good luck with year 12!
HSC subjects

Lumenoria

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2017, 03:56:55 pm »
+5
No worries!!! Completely understand though I reckon it’s best to work just on one major work. Good luck with year 12!
Aw thankyou! Also, got my legal back and I ended up being the person who got the 25/25 that I was talking about earlier! The euphoria that drove through my veins upon seeing that mark was insurmountable, seriously. I'm actually shook because that question was definitely out of my comfort zone hahahaha! Overall, I got 88% (66/75), which I'm pretty happy with—though I'm kinda bummed I just missed out on a 90%. I'm also annoyed at my multiple choice, I literally got 13/20 for it, which is terrible HAHAHAHA. Got the 2nd highest mark in the cohort though :) I also got my economics back, which I'm so freaking happy with also with 88% (60.5/70).
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 04:02:21 pm by Lumenoria »

Natasha.97

• NSW MVP - 2017
  • Forum Leader
  • ~
  • Respect: +667
« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2017, 03:58:19 pm »
+1
Aw thankyou! Also, got my legal back and I ended up being the person who got the 25/25 that I was talking about earlier! The euphoria that drove through my veins upon seeing that mark was insurmountable, seriously. I'm actually shook because that question was definitely out of my comfort zone hahahaha! Overall, I got 88%, which I'm pretty happy with—though I'm kinda bummed I just missed out on a 90%. I'm also annoyed at my multiple choice, I literally got 13/20 for it, which is terrible HAHAHAHA. Got the 2nd highest mark in the cohort though :) I also got my economics back, which I'm so freaking happy with also with 88% (60.5/70).

CONGRATS!!!  ;D ;D ;D
Life is weird and crazy as heck but what can you do?

Lumenoria

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2017, 04:13:14 pm »
+1

paigek3

• Forum Obsessive
  • My name is Ella
« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2017, 04:13:17 pm »
+1
Aw thankyou! Also, got my legal back and I ended up being the person who got the 25/25 that I was talking about earlier! The euphoria that drove through my veins upon seeing that mark was insurmountable, seriously. I'm actually shook because that question was definitely out of my comfort zone hahahaha! Overall, I got 88% (66/75), which I'm pretty happy with—though I'm kinda bummed I just missed out on a 90%. I'm also annoyed at my multiple choice, I literally got 13/20 for it, which is terrible HAHAHAHA. Got the 2nd highest mark in the cohort though :) I also got my economics back, which I'm so freaking happy with also with 88% (60.5/70).

That is awesome!!!! I knew it was gonna be you!!! I feel you bout the multiple choice AND 88% thing tho...multiple choice was one of the sections that brought my trial mark down :( and I was aiming for 90s too but got an 88 as well aaaahh!! Finished averaging 91 tho bc I got 95 in my half yearly thank gaaawdd

But that was only prelim for you and I can already tell you will excel in HSC! Congrats on Eco too!!!
HSC subjects

Lumenoria

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2017, 08:36:16 am »
+2

That is awesome!!!! I knew it was gonna be you!!! I feel you bout the multiple choice AND 88% thing tho...multiple choice was one of the sections that brought my trial mark down :( and I was aiming for 90s too but got an 88 as well aaaahh!! Finished averaging 91 tho bc I got 95 in my half yearly thank gaaawdd

But that was only prelim for you and I can already tell you will excel in HSC! Congrats on Eco too!!!

Aw thankyouu! My teacher gave me the sheet with the mark on it and I left it unturned because I needed to prepare myself for it since given my horrifying multiple choice mark, I knew it would either make or break my overall mark and I wasn't ready to face the latter, but she kept insisting on me to "turn it over". So I did, and I literally screamed in ecstasy lol. Aw yeah I know the feels! I got 93% in my half yearlies for Legal but I only got 84% my first term assessment because I didn't really take the subject seriously at that point, so my overall mark can only be 89 ish, which is super annoying. Really hoping I can do better (90+) in my HSC year haha, but thanks once again ;D

Lumenoria

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2017, 07:07:47 pm »
+7
Dropped biology today, so now I'm finally on my desired 11 units. I really need to up my game in mathematics though; my motivation has literally dissipated into god knows where. I also got my Multimedia notification for an assessment weighted 10% that is supposed to be centralised around our major work—which I honestly haven't given much thought to at ALL. I'm really worried I won't be able to maintain my 1st rank, but I'm confident I have the potential to because I hardly put any effort in during Year 11 and still managed to stay there. Ugh, I really need to start brainstorming atleast. We also got our Adv English notification for a hand in creative and Discovery short answers that is worth 30% total, which I'm worried about because I want to maintain 85+ in Advanced throughout this year and I'm worried I'll sabotage my chances if I fuck this up because of its heavy weighting. I'm just glad biology is out of the way though, because that subject was an actual pest to deal with lol. Hope all the 2017ers did alright on Paper 2 today, heard Mod B was a nightmare... but I'm sure you all did better than you thought. Good luck in your upcoming exams :)

Lumenoria

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2017, 07:55:07 pm »
+3
Okay I really need your guys' opinions regarding my desire to drop to General maths as opposed to staying in Mathematics. Atm, I've put absolutely zero effort into Mathematics because I lose interest in it exceptionally quickly. Everyone that I know of is advising against it, including my teacher, because they know I am a competent maths student. I even know that myself, but I really don't think my "potential" in maths should even be a factor in this decision if I know for a fact that I cannot bring myself to fulfil that potential (as evidenced in the past 3 terms lol). At this point, it's basically the only subject that I feel super weak in; everything else I'm handling well. In my prelims, I got high 80s-90s in every subject except for maths—where I got 43% (admittedly I had a double up and completely ditched any maths study for legal lol). But yeah, I suppose that speaks for itself? Even right now, I do extra work/unnecessary study for other subjects in order to escape maths. I know people say you're supposed ti dedicate the most time to the subject you're weakest at, but that's literally impossible for me. I'll look at one question and give up at first glance 2 lines into it lol. I've looked over past papers in general, and not to marginalise the ability of students in general, but the content looks ridiculously easy. Because the content is familiar, I know I'll study for it because I won't have the frustration of having absolutely no clue of what to do/understanding the demands of a question (well, for the most part). I'm relatively confident that if I drop to General, I would be achieving in the high 80s-90s range. I want to do it soon, because any later is just a waste of time but I'm worried I'm making the wrong decision? So, what are your thoughts?

dancing phalanges

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +312
« Reply #44 on: October 22, 2017, 08:01:23 pm »
+2
Okay I really need your guys' opinions regarding my desire to drop to General maths as opposed to staying in Mathematics. Atm, I've put absolutely zero effort into Mathematics because I lose interest in it exceptionally quickly. Everyone that I know of is advising against it, including my teacher, because they know I am a competent maths student. I even know that myself, but I really don't think my "potential" in maths should even be a factor in this decision if I know for a fact that I cannot bring myself to fulfil that potential (as evidenced in the past 3 terms lol). At this point, it's basically the only subject that I feel super weak in; everything else I'm handling well. In my prelims, I got high 80s-90s in every subject except for maths—where I got 43% (admittedly I had a double up and completely ditched any maths study for legal lol). But yeah, I suppose that speaks for itself? Even right now, I do extra work/unnecessary study for other subjects in order to escape maths. I know people say you're supposed ti dedicate the most time to the subject you're weakest at, but that's literally impossible for me. I'll look at one question and give up at first glance 2 lines into it lol. I've looked over past papers in general, and not to marginalise the ability of students in general, but the content looks ridiculously easy. Because the content is familiar, I know I'll study for it because I won't have the frustration of having absolutely no clue of what to do/understanding the demands of a question (well, for the most part). I'm relatively confident that if I drop to General, I would be achieving in the high 80s-90s range. I want to do it soon, because any later is just a waste of time but I'm worried I'm making the wrong decision? So, what are your thoughts?

Hopefully my story will help you :) In Year 10 my teacher advised me that I should do 3 unit maths. I did General - because I really didn't like maths and I was already doing 3 units of english and so I wanted to focus on that. end of year 11 i was ranked 1st in general by 8 or so marks against everyone else but hated it because it was so boring. At that point I was ranked 1st in all of my other subjects barring French where I was second. I had a mark of around 80 in french (even though i studied way more for it than math) and low 90s for gennie maths. I went to my studies coordinator guy he chucked the numbers into the atar calculator and it made little if not no difference at all what i did. i could have dropped french seeing i was doing worse at it but it was my favourite subject by far and so i dropped maths and honestly i can't recommend it enough because i couldn't imagine life without french in year 12. now obviously my advice may not be 100% helpful as i was definitely not doing anything math related after school or anything that needed any understanding of math but if you hate it then definitely try out general maths! in the end continuing french will possibly open pathways for my future career in communications while math was boring and useless for me in my later life. hope that helps! :)
HSC 2017 (ATAR 98.95) - English Advanced (94), English Extension 1 (48), Modern History (94), Studies of Religion 1 (48), Visual Arts (95), French Continuers (92)

Download our free discovery trial paper!