Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 11:27:42 pm

Author Topic: Make Your First Post!  (Read 287630 times)

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
Re: Make Your First Post!
« Reply #750 on: May 01, 2019, 10:01:38 am »
1. What year level are you in right now, and what are your subjects? (Mandatory)
Hi! I'm currently in Year 10 and about to choose my subjects for Year 11 & 12. I am thinking of choosing the following subjects but I'm not sure whether it is is a good combination:
Society and Culture ( accelerated - will be sitting my HSC in Year 11 )
English Advanced
Maths Advanced
Maths Extension 1
Physics
Biology
Chemistry

Welcome aboard, sania! How did you come across ATAR Notes? :)

1. What year level are you in right now, and what are your subjects? (Mandatory)
- Year 11 VCE, General Maths, Computing, Health and Human Development, Physical Education, Psychology, and English
2. What movie do you most passionately hate? Provide justification. (Mandatory)
- I do not hate a movie at the moment.
3. In the event of a zombie apocalypse, what would be your weapon of choice? (Mandatory).
- An infinity gauntlet with all the stones in place, makes my life easier
4. Who do you want to be as a person, what do you want to achieve? (Optional)
- I just want a job, an IT person I guess
5. If you had to summarise your life in a paragraph, what would you say? (Optional).
- I'm an actual FOB who moved from PH a year ago, I hope I fit in here well. Life back was pretty terrible, since I did not watch over my studies, now that I came here I wanted to focus on my life more now since I will not go anywhere without getting a degree or something

Nice one! Great to have you here. :) Nice subject mix - have you checked out our forums for each of those subjects?

Thank you! A bit late to reply to this, but might as well!
My favourite at the moment is probably either Psych, or HHD.
My Year 7 self is fuming right now, but I'm getting sick of photography already lol

No stress! Psych and HHD were two of my favourites, too - nice choices. ;D

year 12. Bio, chem, english, methods, french, P.E 2018

Truman show - had to do it in year 9 and got so sick of it

3. In the event of a zombie apocalypse, what would be your weapon of choice? (Mandatory).

anti-zombie spray - duh

Hey nikitab! How did you find PE last year? :)

P.S. The Truman Show is probably my favourite movie hahaha.

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

thaifriedrice

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #751 on: May 10, 2019, 10:26:17 am »
+7
I'm a year 12 student doing Legal Studies, PDHPE, Biology, Standard Mathematics & Advanced English :^0

I'm not going to question why this question was made mandatory but ok. I don't watch a lot of movies apart from horror but if I had to pick a movie I hate with a passion, it would be Captain Marvel. Idk y 100% but her personality annoyed me so much. Also the movie ruined Nick Fury for me like why?

I've thought about this question a lot in my free time and its a tie between a hand gun or a katana.
A hand gun would be my ideal weapon because I prefer to be on a range attack and it would let me avoid close range encounters. It's also pretty easy to hide and store on your body. The trouble is that they would be hard to find and I would have to restock on bullets. On the other hand, a katana would be so badass but I feel like I would accidentally cut my arm off or some shit. Also the blood would cause rust and it would eventually become blunt.

Damn this really b making me think deep. Ummm, I want to be the best version of myself as possible. I want to work hard, become qualified, get a good job and start a family someday. I also want to grow more as a person and find new things about me.

5. If you had to summarise your life in a paragraph, what would you say? (Optional).
Tbh my life is pretty boring, being asian means that I have no social life because my parents say no to everything. I feel like I've improved grade wise from when I first started High-school. My love life is a mess but that normal for me. I think I've spent a lot of my free time watching Netflix, drawing and reading, not that interesting.
୧[ ˵ ͡ᵔ ͜ʟ ͡ᵔ ˵ ]୨ ~uwu

wangjarim

• Fresh Poster
  • yes
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #752 on: May 13, 2019, 10:24:26 am »
+1
Welcome aboard, sania! How did you come across ATAR Notes? :)

Nice one! Great to have you here. :) Nice subject mix - have you checked out our forums for each of those subjects?

No stress! Psych and HHD were two of my favourites, too - nice choices. ;D

Hey nikitab! How did you find PE last year? :)

P.S. The Truman Show is probably my favourite movie hahaha.

Cheers man, I have been in the VCE discord for some subjects, I haven't actually asked here. But I should.

Kyrad

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #753 on: May 21, 2019, 01:47:32 pm »
+4
1. What year level are you in right now, and what are your subjects?
I am in year 11 this year and subjects are English, General Mathematics, Italian, Chemistry, Biology, Health and Human Development and Religious Education (compulsory at my school

2. What movie do you most passionately hate? Provide justification.
I hate all horror movies. I don't understand how people could get a thrill out of watching them.

3. In the event of a zombie apocalypse, what would be your weapon of choice?
Probably a gun of some sort as I can shoot.

4. Who do you want to be as a person, what do you want to achieve?
I want to be someone who you can come to for advice, someone who helps everyone no matter what. I am aspiring to be a pediatrician so I can help children. Incorporating my love of helping, medicine and children. 

5. If you had to summarize your life in a paragraph, what would you say?
Unfortunately, I do not have a very good life. I battle mental health issues which can affect all aspects of my life. I have also moved a lot of times and this has affected me each and every time. Once I get attached to people, I really get attached which can be a downfall. I give people too many chances, even if I know they don't deserve them. I pride myself on my school work though and always put lots of effort into them. I put lots of pressure on myself because I aspire to be my best always.
:)

Matthew_Whelan

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +11
« Reply #754 on: May 24, 2019, 05:38:39 pm »
+7
Currently undergoing Year 12; studying English, Math Methods, Chemistry, Physics, Biology, 35 in Psych from last year.

It's gotta be Eragon; after reading what was a great book, the movie in comparison was dismal, and frankly it was worthy of contempt.

Lightsaber, duh. Otherwise a machete would be pretty neat.

I would like to strive for medicine, but I'll land where I do. Maybe go travelling later on.

People say I have a 'judging look'... otherwise pretty standard life so far.
2018: Psychology
2019: English, Methods, Chemistry, Biology, Physics
ATAR: 88.65

PhoenixxFire

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • They/them/theirs
  • Respect: +3102
« Reply #755 on: May 24, 2019, 07:20:39 pm »
+3
Welcome to the forums :)

Currently undergoing Year 12; studying English, Math Methods, Chemistry, Physics, Biology, 35 in Psych from last year.
Do you have a favourite?

It's gotta be Eragon; after reading what was a great book, the movie in comparison was dismal, and frankly it was worthy of contempt.
Eragon used to be my least favourite movie adaption but then Percy Jackson happened...
2019: B. Environment and Sustainability/B. Science @ ANU
2020: Just Vibing
2021: B. Paramedicine/B. Nursing @ ACU Canberra

Matthew_Whelan

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +11
« Reply #756 on: May 24, 2019, 11:39:24 pm »
+3
Welcome to the forums :)
Do you have a favourite?
Eragon used to be my least favourite movie adaption but then Percy Jackson happened...
Thanks, yeah I have heard bad things about the Percy Jackson movies. At the moment probably English or Chemistry are my favourites, physics is the worst tbh, but thats because we covered motion first  ;D Oh and Psychology was fun.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 11:41:13 pm by Matthew_Whelan »
2018: Psychology
2019: English, Methods, Chemistry, Biology, Physics
ATAR: 88.65

superstudent20

• Adventurer
« Reply #757 on: May 31, 2019, 10:54:42 pm »
+6
So this IS my first post. Hope it's alright.

Hi, i'm currently in year 11 right now and i'm studying Advanced math, Advanced English, chemistry, physics, Ancient History, Design and Tech and 1 unit Studies of Religion.  :o
Most passionately hate? Well, I have yet to see a movie that I dislike. I don't really watch movies, I'm more of a TV show/series person.
I don't know, i guess a sword or something sharp.  ???
I think i just want to be as good as a person could be. I know it sounds cringe but I really just want to do good to others. i'd say i want achieve a decent mark in the HSC and just get through high school.
Pretty boring, I haven't actually achieved anything so far but I would say that my life is alright.  :-\

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
« Reply #758 on: June 01, 2019, 09:20:33 am »
+3

It's certainly alright! :)

Your subjects seem like a good selection (I'm a science person), was SoR required by your school?

Wanting to be a good person isn't cringe at all (to me, at least). I also want to be a good person, which for me means following my values (my core ones are empathy & determination), but I know lots of people have 'being a good person' manifest in different ways (eg specific to career, particular causes... ). Do you have any guidance for yourself on how to be a good person or is it more focused on just acting how you think is right in any given moment?
(Feel free not to answer if too personal btw)

Completely disagree about you not having achieved anything so far,  you've made it to this point and you'll have had a bunch of experiences where you don't know (yet) how unique they are - even just helping someone prep for their physics test is something :) - but I guess it's your call to make. 

Big welcome to the forums; it's great to have you here :)

hanshi

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #759 on: June 06, 2019, 08:39:45 pm »
+1
Hi guys I'm new here. Not really sure if I'm using this right but I'm currently in Year 12 and taking Society and Culture as a subject. This of course means doing a Personal Interest Project (PIP), so if you are reading this could you please take 5 min to do my survey for my PIP. I need a variety of respondents. Unfinished responses are still appreciated if the survey seems too long. Thank you!
Here's the link:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfLyIzyX5Q0yWG7kqv_ZByOP9f9peUlwrMhi5TIeOyfo_Y2dw/viewform?usp=sf_link

owidjaja

• National Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Bibliophile. Stationery addict.
  • Respect: +1010
« Reply #760 on: June 06, 2019, 09:38:46 pm »
+4
Hi guys I'm new here. Not really sure if I'm using this right but I'm currently in Year 12 and taking Society and Culture as a subject. This of course means doing a Personal Interest Project (PIP), so if you are reading this could you please take 5 min to do my survey for my PIP. I need a variety of respondents. Unfinished responses are still appreciated if the survey seems too long. Thank you!
Here's the link:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfLyIzyX5Q0yWG7kqv_ZByOP9f9peUlwrMhi5TIeOyfo_Y2dw/viewform?usp=sf_link
Hey there,

Welcome to the forums! I just completed your questionnaire.

Just letting you know that there is a thread in the Society and Culture board where you can post your questionnaire. Another resource I'd recommend is the Society and Culture Resources Thread where you can get an overview on what kind of resources we offer here.

Hope you find the forums useful and good luck with your PIP :)
2018 HSC: English Advanced | Mathematics | Physics | Modern History | History Extension | Society and Culture | Studies of Religion I

ATAR: 93.60

2019: Aerospace Engineering (Hons)  @ UNSW

LarFrogley

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #761 on: June 20, 2019, 09:53:36 am »
+7
Year 11 studying English, Maths Methods, Biology, Psychology, OES, and History.
Every Fast and Furious movie after number 5 because 3 was too many.
My teeth, I can't run so I'm basically already a zombie and zombies use their teeth.
I want to be somebody else. And I say this not in the way that I hate myself but dislike some personal behaviours. I have a wonderful habit of procrastination and distraction but not nearly enough self control to break these habits.
I've spent most of my life not giving a damn about my schooling or results, and didn't hand in probably 50% of my assignments. I'm probably seen as a math head and have a sometimes incredible memory but if I had to say who I am in one sentence. I generally live to care about and for others, and rarely put myself first. I won't study for myself but if someone needs help with their study, guess who's there.
Spoiler alert
don't look
Dumb, male, and ready to fail.

Ternert

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #762 on: June 28, 2019, 01:04:26 am »
+2
Hi, I'm currently in year 11 right now and i'm studying Advanced math, Advanced English, chemistry, physics, Ancient History, Design and Tech.
About romantic vampires.
A pistol. And a knife.
I think wanna be myself. And to evolve
It's becoming interesting.

steph.trevi

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #763 on: July 01, 2019, 03:42:46 pm »
+3
I'm in year 12, doing chemistry, human biology, mathematics methods, english, french, and physics (all ATAR)
Ferris Bueller's Day Off, because I get personally offended when people are rewarded for bad behaviour. I never finished it
Machete, but I'd want to get away and make a fortress more than anything.
I want to either make robots or become a software engineer

ashmi

• MOTM: June 20
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Living an illusion
  • Respect: +660
« Reply #764 on: July 04, 2019, 12:45:20 pm »
+6
One of my very first posts!

Currently in Year 11! Doing Further (3/4), Methods, Chemistry, Physics, English and Product Design and Tech!
I rarely watch movies let alone have one that I truly despise :-\
Probably an automatic machine gun :D One that is really light too!
Would like to be the best person I can really be I guess :). Also would like to go overseas to study one day too, it always has been a dream!
Just a really chilled person that has an unnatural obsession with chocolate. I love to do photography every once in a while and at the same time, you can find me hunched over a computer trying to edit a photo late at night.