Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 01:15:41 am

Author Topic: Monash General Chat  (Read 1406592 times)  Share 

achre

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +72
Re: Monash General Chat
« Reply #1290 on: July 04, 2014, 07:26:52 pm »
Cheers guys.

Allocate closes on the 17th, and personally I prefer to get all that in instead of trying to fit myself around done timetables and not having as much chance as everyone else to get the classes I want.
I'm starting to feel like the only person who doesn't care about 8am tutes and what not.

Then again, the school is virtually around the corner for me.  ::)

keltingmeith

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • he/him - they is also fine
  • Respect: +1292
« Reply #1291 on: July 04, 2014, 07:36:31 pm »
I'm going for all the early tutes as well, but they're actually filling up faster than the later ones, so that might prove slightly problematic... :P

alondouek

• Subject Review God
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Oh to be a Gooner!
  • Respect: +316
  • School: Leibler Yavneh College
  • School Grad Year: 2012
« Reply #1292 on: July 04, 2014, 08:09:29 pm »
+1
morning classes > afternoon classes, now and forever (just not 8AM classes, that's more in the category of 'ungodly hour' than 'morning') :P

A word of advice for achre (and anyone else, really); I recommend putting in a full set of unit enrolments for the entire year at the beginning of the year (8 units for those who are full-time). This is because A) it gives you an opportunity to switch as you want without the risk of ending up in an "oh fuck it's census date and I'm not enrolled in 4 units this semester"-type situation and B) it gives you leeway for if you're in - or trying to get into - one of those really random quota-based units that pop up every so often without any warning.

Always better to be enrolled in a unit which you can then drop if it really sucks than to not be enrolled in one by accident instead!
2013-2016
Majoring in Genetics and Developmental Biology

2012 ATAR: 96.55
English [48] Biology [40]

Need a driving instructor? Mobility Driving School

achre

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +72
« Reply #1293 on: July 04, 2014, 08:28:20 pm »
I was really dumb with planning out what units I was going to do at the start of the year as I wasn't sure about my major/minor, and just picked a sampling of 8 units that sounded easy or that I thought I might be interested in. But now that I'm a bit (a lot) clearer on where my interests lie, I've realised I'm going to pay dearly for my dumb choices in sem 1 (incl. not meeting prerequisites for second year subjects, having a low WAM, not being able to do everything I want to in my arts major/minor if and when I manage transfer into the double degree course structure).

Right now I've dropped intro to tv studies and intro to korean 2 and I'm trying to substitute in two 2nd year units by sending off a barage of desperate emails to some unfortunate unit coordinators just trying to enjoy their holidays. I'm starting to get really conscious of how much this stuff costs - just filling up two more slots in my timetable for the sake of doing 4 units costs me 1200 bucks, and as interesting as I'm sure the political economy of australian television is, I'd prefer doing something constructive. Like this. Jesus christ, this is just Unit 3 AoS 1 for Global Politics. Let me at it, I'll smash it, to hell with your pre-reqs monash.

100% of my problems right now are doing intro to korean instead of intro to politics in semester one  <= which on reflection is probably an indication that my life is pretty easy.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 08:33:57 pm by achre »

keltingmeith

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #1294 on: July 04, 2014, 08:35:40 pm »
If it's any consolation, the unit co-ordinators are probably working right now, hahah. Just because they're not lecturing doesn't mean they have no work to do.

Granted, stress less about bad choices - I'm like you and made some  bad choices in units, but I can still fit in three majors, so I'm sure you can still make room for what you want/need to do.

pi

• Honorary Moderator
  • Doctor.
  • Respect: +2376
« Reply #1295 on: July 05, 2014, 02:32:41 pm »
Moodle got a make-over!

ninwa

• Respect: +1021
« Reply #1296 on: July 05, 2014, 02:34:40 pm »
+1
pity it still hasn't removed my subject from SUMMER SEMESTER 2012-13 (and no Moodle I do not have assignments that need attention! I submitted that assignment a year ago! fuck you!)
ExamPro enquiries to [email protected]

pi

• Honorary Moderator
  • Doctor.
  • Respect: +2376
« Reply #1297 on: July 05, 2014, 02:40:36 pm »
+2
pity it still hasn't removed my subject from SUMMER SEMESTER 2012-13 (and no Moodle I do not have assignments that need attention! I submitted that assignment a year ago! fuck you!)

I raise you this :P

And to make this worse, I have assignments due from a unit that I didn't even do :P
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 02:54:40 pm by pi »

brenden

• Honorary Moderator
  • Respect: +2593
« Reply #1298 on: July 05, 2014, 03:00:00 pm »
I was really dumb with planning out what units I was going to do at the start of the year as I wasn't sure about my major/minor, and just picked a sampling of 8 units that sounded easy or that I thought I might be interested in. But now that I'm a bit (a lot) clearer on where my interests lie, I've realised I'm going to pay dearly for my dumb choices in sem 1 (incl. not meeting prerequisites for second year subjects, having a low WAM, not being able to do everything I want to in my arts major/minor if and when I manage transfer into the double degree course structure).

Right now I've dropped intro to tv studies and intro to korean 2 and I'm trying to substitute in two 2nd year units by sending off a barage of desperate emails to some unfortunate unit coordinators just trying to enjoy their holidays. I'm starting to get really conscious of how much this stuff costs - just filling up two more slots in my timetable for the sake of doing 4 units costs me 1200 bucks, and as interesting as I'm sure the political economy of australian television is, I'd prefer doing something constructive. Like this. Jesus christ, this is just Unit 3 AoS 1 for Global Politics. Let me at it, I'll smash it, to hell with your pre-reqs monash.

100% of my problems right now are doing intro to korean instead of intro to politics in semester one  <= which on reflection is probably an indication that my life is pretty easy.

Yeah I also was like this. It's fixable with overloading and summer units and things of this nature though! And yeah. Cost factor. Tell me about it hahaha.
✌️just do what makes you happy ✌️

keltingmeith

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #1299 on: July 05, 2014, 03:26:14 pm »
Yeah I also was like this. It's fixable with overloading and summer units and things of this nature though! And yeah. Cost factor. Tell me about it hahaha.

Right for some - only subject available in summer semester for me is research project. :'(

Kanon

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +68
  • School: Carwatha College P-12
« Reply #1300 on: July 05, 2014, 08:01:10 pm »
+1
The new Moodle template is made using Bootstrap which is a responsive framework for coding, ie, it should look great on ANY device you own :) Try resizing the browser and see what happens.
'12 - English | Methods | Chemistry | Physics | IT Applications | IT Software Development
'14 - Bachelor of Science (Mathematics) / Bachelor of Computer Science | Monash University

Need a website? I run a web design business!  The Summit Digital

zhenzhenzhen

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Not part of the furniture
  • Respect: +20
« Reply #1301 on: July 05, 2014, 08:59:14 pm »
SOMEONE QUICKLY HELP ME FIX THIS WHITE UGLY MOODLE MESS

« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 09:01:12 pm by zhenzhenzhen »
2010 - 2013: Bachelor of Software Engineering - Monash (completed w/ alternative exit to B. Comp Sci)
2014 - 2016: Master of Laws (Juris Doctor) - Monash

keltingmeith

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #1302 on: July 05, 2014, 09:03:57 pm »
I don't like it, myself - everything's too big, I feel like I've zoomed in 1000% on my computer or something, hahah.

EDIT: Also, yes, ugly white moodle mess. :S

Professor Polonsky

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +118
  • School Grad Year: 2013
« Reply #1303 on: July 05, 2014, 09:33:15 pm »
If it's any consolation, the unit co-ordinators are probably working right now, hahah. Just because they're not lecturing doesn't mean they have no work to do.
It depends - a lot of them take annual around this time of the year - and even if they're working, they still probably wouldn't want to deal with students. :P

alondouek

• Subject Review God
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Oh to be a Gooner!
  • Respect: +316
  • School: Leibler Yavneh College
« Reply #1304 on: July 05, 2014, 09:47:02 pm »
+2
Looks pretty good to me!