Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 03:25:41 am

Author Topic: VCE Business Management Question Thread!  (Read 228146 times)  Share 

brookesos

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Re: VCE Business Management Question Thread!
« Reply #735 on: March 01, 2020, 10:41:17 pm »
Hi,
Does anyone know what the relationship between business opportunity and business concept development is??

seraytes

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #736 on: May 29, 2020, 08:42:29 pm »
I'm currently in Yr11, and doing Unit3/4 for BusMan. For my first SAC I averaged an 80 (still within top 3 of class), but I realized that despite knowing content and memorizing definitions, I fail to answer questions extensively and end up blabbing on about something the question is not really asking...

What would you advise in terms of structuring answers, identifying what the question is actually asking and how much I should be writing?

Also, I feel as though with subjects like BusMan, or any other subjects considered 'easy', its actually quite more effort to obtain a perfect study score. I have gone through many of the threads on here relating to ex-business students and their journey in getting a perfect study score. I really just want this year to count as I am only doing one other Unit 3/4. It would be extremely useless if I couldn't get Business Management in my top 4. 

I also do practice SACs but I think I don't mark myself harshly, maybe they haven't benifitted me as much?

Thank you in advancee  :)

doubleS

• Adventurer
« Reply #737 on: July 02, 2020, 12:36:36 pm »
Hey guys,
Was wondering how you structure your answers for operations management questions relating to efficiency and effectiveness. I'm trying to make my answers clear and concise but I'm finding I ramble on for quite a bit and my answers turn out to be really long. For example how would you answer 'Explain how Quality Control can be used to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of a business relating to the operations system.'

john842

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #738 on: August 30, 2020, 02:19:27 pm »
hey guys, if someone could help me out it would be very much appreciated.
i just received my sac result and it turned out to be much lower than I expected. i really want like a 38 scaled business management study score.

my sac results have been these so far...
sac1: 97
sac2: 86
sac3:90
sac4: 74
what do u think my study score will be

trqltea

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #739 on: November 10, 2020, 12:29:12 pm »
I'm struggling to understand the difference between automated production line and CAM in AOS 3, can anyone help?

My teacher explained that APL is a series of CAM machines, including other technology like robotics, conveyor belts, etc. while CAM is just 1 individual machine out of all of them. The AN lecturer from last yr said something different though: that CAM is a computer software that controls other machines, including conveyor belts, from the start to finish of the production. Which is true/are either of them correct?

any help is appreciated <3

hmemail

• Adventurer
« Reply #740 on: November 13, 2020, 04:47:57 pm »
I'm struggling to understand the difference between automated production line and CAM in AOS 3, can anyone help?

My teacher explained that APL is a series of CAM machines, including other technology like robotics, conveyor belts, etc. while CAM is just 1 individual machine out of all of them. The AN lecturer from last yr said something different though: that CAM is a computer software that controls other machines, including conveyor belts, from the start to finish of the production. Which is true/are either of them correct?

any help is appreciated <3

Hi,

In my notes I explain the difference as automated-production line can be employee free, no/minimal human contact is required. For example, a water bottle factory can operate by filling bottles, packing etc. and it is only when ready for delivery that human contact is required.
For Computer-aided manufacturing, software is used to "aid" the production process, usually using this software to perform a specific task, such as uses CAD to create measurements and then CAM to produce individual car parts. This would also mean more human contact as the entire process is not automated, it simply uses computer software to perform a particular task.

This is simply how I believe it is, so I may be wrong (happy to hear any other thoughts).

Another way I remember it as is like this:
If either system stopped workings, for an APL I would look more at an engineering fault, machinery break-down, using screws and bolts to fix. Whereas for CAM, I would look towards the software itself, to recode a program.

Hope this helps. I had the same question only a week ago. Good luck with the exam ! :)

annietaneja15

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #741 on: February 20, 2021, 03:39:52 pm »
Hello everyone! I am have just started year 12 and did my first business sac 2 days ago.. I tried really hard yet I got a B. I was just wondering if I get Bs for all my sacs what study score will I get. thank you so much!