Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 05:48:48 am

Author Topic: Exam 2008  (Read 1354 times)  Share 

daniel99

Exam 2008
« on: March 26, 2008, 09:25:08 pm »
I was wondering how the 2007 exam was for time and when people intend to start revising for the mid-year exam and what mark you think/hope to get?

sisqo1111

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +1
Re: Exam 2008
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2008, 10:48:07 pm »
theres already another thread on it :)

Nick

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +6
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2008, 11:30:29 pm »
Generally speaking, you can complete the psych exam comfortably within the exam timeframe.

From memory, I completed the 2007 mid year with about fifteen minutes to spare. This allowed me to check over all the multiple choice responses and ensure that I had included sufficient detail in the short answer section. You will find that you can prepare many of your answers for the short answer section in reading time, which saves a great deal of time when you commence writing.
Bachelor of Arts (Psychology) @ The University of Melbourne

Eriny

• The lamp of enlightenment
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +100
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2008, 12:12:54 am »
My friend decided that she would do short answer first and then multiple choice because if worse came to worse and she ran out of time she'd at least be able to guess the multiple choice, but she wouldn't be able to guess short answer. I recommend multiple choice first though unless you really think that you're going to run out of time for the reason Nick provided and because they can be almost treated as 'warm-up' questions to get you thinking and remembering information. Also, questions in the multiple choice sometimes relate to a short answer on the same topic and it helps to have thought about them before structuring your short answer response. Anyway, you should do the 2007 mid-year timed and under exam conditions and see how you go in a few weeks time or, even better, ask your teacher if they'll give you a practice exam in class (and will correct it for you!).

daniel99

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2008, 10:13:27 pm »
I did a practice exam today and i found it really easy and I had about 15 minutes left. Some of the multiple choice questions I got wrong thanks to the clever wording of the questions..

lol when i looked at it the second time i realised the mistake though..

Eriny

• The lamp of enlightenment
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +100
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2008, 12:11:50 pm »
That's great. 15 spare minutes is really useful to check over your answers.