Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 10:44:34 am

Author Topic: Missed Exam, GPA and MD Entry Woes  (Read 858 times)  Share 

alxhrmnn

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +4
Missed Exam, GPA and MD Entry Woes
« on: June 14, 2019, 03:11:22 pm »
Ok, so, like many on this forum I am yet another spastically stressful third-year unimelb biomedicine student hoping to get into the MD at some point of time. Up until yesterday, it was looking fairly alright. My GPA was 6.27, but I set to achieve H1s in all the rest of my subjects so that by the end of the year my GPA would be = 6.56, not the absolute best, but decent enough. I also have a competitive GAMSAT score of 77 (76 through unimelb calculation of it) and was busy starting prep for the interview. That all changed yesterday when I missed my EoS exam for Molecule to Malady (core subject). This means I'll have to resit the subject next year and my maximum GPA possible is reduced to 6.21. I have contacted Stop 1 and the subject coordinator but it looks like resitting is my only option. My question is has anyone gotten a unimelb interview place with a GPA of lower than 6.21? Or an offer elsewhere? Or has anyone gotten into a similar situation? What did you do? I had a pretty terrible run in first-run leading to my less than great GPA that I started with this year; but was quickly recovering (all H1's second-semester last year, all very high MST marks this semester). This seems to have put yet another blockade in my hopes. Rippppppp