Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 25, 2024, 06:42:51 am

Author Topic: Please Help Me Choose a VCE Subject  (Read 592 times)  Share 

Genshai

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +11
Please Help Me Choose a VCE Subject
« on: May 24, 2019, 12:17:24 pm »
I dont know if this is the right place to post this ahah
I'm currently in year 11 and im happy with most of my vce subjects. However, I'm currently doing History: Global Empires and History: Twentieth Century. I only plan to do History Revs in year 12, so im left with the problem of what to do next year.
For context, Im currently studying 3/4 bio, 1/2 chem, eng, methods, global empires, and twentieth century history.
I'm thinking of dropping Global Empires, as although i enjoy it somewhat, it doesnt lead to anything next year. That leaves me wondering what i should pick up. I'm currently debating whether to move into Psych or Lit., but im open to other ideas. So, i guess what im asking is, what subject would you recommend and why? Doesnt have to Psych or lit, im open to any help, its all appreciated !!!
« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 02:16:18 pm by Genshai »
2019: Biology [40]
2020: English [35], Methods [27], Art [36], Revs [38], Chem [29]

ATAR: 87.85

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
Re: Please Help Me Choose a VCE Subject
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2019, 12:30:54 pm »
+1
Hey! Yeah, this is a suitable place. :)

I'd recommend having a flick through our existing VCE subject reviews if you haven't already - there's a nice range of perspectives there.

Re: Psych or Lit, they're quite different subjects. What do you consider to be the pros and cons of each atm? :)

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

AngelWings

• Victorian Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • "Angel wings, please guide me..."
  • Respect: +1425
Re: Please Help Me Choose a VCE Subject
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2019, 06:01:31 pm »
Adding on to Joseph41’s post, what do you want to do in the future (after Year 12)? One might be more applicable or necessary to that area/course, although I’m not aware of any courses that specifically want either of these (they’re either one option of many or not a prerequisite to my knowledge).

Also, which do you think you’d enjoy more? Beyond checking out the VCE subject reviews page above, I’d also recommend checking the study designs for these subjects.

Hope that helps!
VCE: Psych | Eng Lang | LOTE | Methods | Further | Chem                 
Uni: Bachelor of Science (Hons) - genetics
Current: working (sporadically on AN)
VTAC Info Thread