Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 02:03:05 pm

Author Topic: SEAs ?  (Read 602 times)  Share 

heyheyhey1245

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
SEAs ?
« on: December 18, 2019, 11:09:42 am »
For Uni of Melb, if you are eligible for financial disadvantage, it says the entry requirement science goes from 85 to 78, and biomed from 94 to 90.

Does the SEAs category 2 work in degrees of 'need' or is it just if your family recieves a benefit you will get to have the lower entry score, or does the amount of benefit you receive determine if you get it or not?

AngelWings

• ATAR Notes Superstar
  • "Angel wings, please guide me..."
  • Respect: +1425
Re: SEAs ?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2019, 06:01:29 pm »
+2
I’m guessing you’re talking about the Access Melbourne program, which includes the Access Melbourne guaranteed places. In this case, Category 2 is just one of the eligibility criteria to be successful or not. If my understanding is correct, this will mean an “all or nothing” approach - you either (a) are successful and will therefore will be eligible for the Access Melbourne guaranteed places and scholarships (where applicable), or (b) are not successful and won’t be eligible for the guaranteed places and scholarships. You should be notified, usually via email, whether your Access Melbourne application was successful or not. If this is true, there will not be any degrees of ‘need’ per se and you’ll either have Access Melbourne = can get in with an ATAR equal to or above the lower ATAR, or not have Access Melbourne = will have to get equal or above the higher ATAR via your selection rank (selection rank = your ATAR + whatever adjustments via SEAS or other means the uni has accepted from your application, if you have any).
VCE: Psych | Eng Lang | LOTE | Methods | Further | Chem                 
Uni: Bachelor of Science (Hons) - genetics
Current: working (sporadically on AN)
VTAC Info Thread