Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 24, 2024, 07:47:05 pm

Author Topic: What Do Teachers Mean By Tracking Arguments  (Read 573 times)  Share 

Captn Cook

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
What Do Teachers Mean By Tracking Arguments
« on: May 20, 2018, 07:21:32 pm »
Hey guys,
I recently gave some work to my teacher and she said I needed to track arguments. I understand that topic sentences need to be argument based however, I don't know what they mean by tracking the argument.

OZLexico

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +8
Re: What Do Teachers Mean By Tracking Arguments
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2018, 08:53:17 pm »
+3
You might have noticed that the examples teachers use for Argument Analysis are written by people who are not especially orderly in the way they express themselves.  Often there are bits of their arguments scattered all over the example that you have to work on.  The phrase  "tracking the argument" could refer to a sort of gathering up of all the information about each of the author's arguments so that the material relevant to each individual  main point is grouped into well constructed body paragraphs.  This could also refer to the way the author develops the sequence of their arguments (eg from appearing to be balanced and reasonable at the start to being highly charged and uncompromising towards the end) and why the author has chosen to use that particular sequence.