Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 09:58:29 am

Author Topic: Curious about some things  (Read 904 times)  Share 

lakvinu

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
Curious about some things
« on: April 08, 2019, 08:27:50 pm »
Hello,
I have a lot of things im wondering about. Firstly is there a benefit to learning more kanji than needed? I saw online, some people say it gives you extra space to write but cant you just ask for more paper. Secondly, i was looking at the japanese Distribution (Graded Assesment) thing and for GA3, the oral and exam part are together and its also out of 400. The Exam is out of 75 marks and generally its marked twice so 150 marks. So it the remaining 250 marks all to the oral. How much would you need in the Exam to get around a 40 plus Study Score.

Thanks

AngelWings

• Victorian Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • "Angel wings, please guide me..."
  • Respect: +1425
Re: Curious about some things
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2019, 09:27:44 pm »
+3
Hello,
I have a lot of things im wondering about. Firstly is there a benefit to learning more kanji than needed? I saw online, some people say it gives you extra space to write but cant you just ask for more paper. Secondly, i was looking at the japanese Distribution (Graded Assesment) thing and for GA3, the oral and exam part are together and its also out of 400. The Exam is out of 75 marks and generally its marked twice so 150 marks. So it the remaining 250 marks all to the oral. How much would you need in the Exam to get around a 40 plus Study Score.

Thanks
There’s a character limit, from memory, for essays (400-500 ji) and they are pretty strict on that IIRC, hence why people say that.

I don’t usually dabble in study score stuff much, so I’ll leave the second question to someone else.
VCE: Psych | Eng Lang | LOTE | Methods | Further | Chem                 
Uni: Bachelor of Science (Hons) - genetics
Current: working (sporadically on AN)
VTAC Info Thread

Owlbird83

• BLAA 2020
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +785
Re: Curious about some things
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2019, 09:24:03 pm »
+2
Hello,

Thanks

As well as that, apparently it looks better to assessors if you use more more kanji.
The oral is less important than the written exam, it counts to 12.5% of your study score, and the written exam is 37.5%.
For 40 plus you need around 65/75 on the written exam.
2018: Biology
2019: Chemistry, Physics, Math Methods, English, Japanese
2020: Bachelor of Psychology (Monash)