Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 07:22:11 pm

Author Topic: Monash General Chat  (Read 1407177 times)  Share 

girl1234

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: 0
  • School Grad Year: 2015
Re: Monash General Chat
« Reply #4995 on: November 29, 2016, 11:43:01 am »
Hi Guys! Just wondering if anyone can help me out with this question. I am doing bachelor of a business/bachelor of marketing and i would like to major (12 units) in Management and minor (4 units) in Human Resources. However, in these units there are crossovers. For example Human Resource Management is a unit in both. So can this unit be used towards a major and a minor? And therefore i would complete less that 16 units and still have a major and a minor? Hope this makes sense :)

*Edit: A major is 8 units, not 12. My mistake  ::)
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 01:54:44 pm by girl1234 »

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #4996 on: November 29, 2016, 12:13:09 pm »
Hi Guys! Just wondering if anyone can help me out with this question. I am doing bachelor of a business/bachelor of marketing and i would like to major (12 units) in Management and minor (4 units) in Human Resources. However, in these units there are crossovers. For example Human Resource Management is a unit in both. So can this unit be used towards a major and a minor? And therefore i would complete less that 16 units and still have a major and a minor? Hope this makes sense :)

I studied Arts, so this may differ from faculty to faculty, but to my understanding, no, that is not possible (has anybody noticed that I like commas?). My understanding is that you would have to complete 16 unique units to qualify for both the major and the minor (going off what you've said, 12 for the major and four for the minor).

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

heids

• Supreme Stalker
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +1632
« Reply #4997 on: November 29, 2016, 12:19:19 pm »
+1

Hey girl1234, haven't seen you on AN for ages!  Welcome back and grats on the 100 posts ;)

(has anybody noticed that I like commas?)

Not; as much as, semi-colons--or em dashes;
VCE (2014): HHD, Bio, English, T&T, Methods

Uni (2021-24): Bachelor of Nursing @ Monash Clayton

Work: PCA in residential aged care

girl1234

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • School Grad Year: 2015
« Reply #4998 on: November 29, 2016, 01:57:58 pm »
Thanks for your reply Joseph :-) Wonder if it's different for business and economics faculty though, might give them a call just in case :D

And hey heidi! i do post every now and then, just can't keep up with everything though :) Hope you're doing well :D

extremeftw

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +25
« Reply #4999 on: November 29, 2016, 06:14:27 pm »
Thanks for your reply Joseph :-) Wonder if it's different for business and economics faculty though, might give them a call just in case :D

I don't think it is any different. In my economics degree some of the compulsory units also belong to my major and the handbook explicitly says that I need to complete additional economics units if that is the case.

Cloud.Nine

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: +1
  • School Grad Year: 2013
« Reply #5000 on: December 03, 2016, 04:55:30 pm »
Hello,
Can anyone provide information regarding tutor/demo positions? I am likewise keen to apply. Would it be possible to tutor just finishing a Bachelors degree and where we should forward our expression of interest?
I am somewhat optimistic about this, as I received the top scoring student award for my major (aggregate across second and third year).
2014: Bachelor of Science @ Monash Uni, Clayton.
Developmental Biology

yazzman

• Adventurer
« Reply #5001 on: December 05, 2016, 10:27:04 pm »
Anyone done ETX2250 before?

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +1536
« Reply #5002 on: December 06, 2016, 12:08:25 am »
Hello,
Can anyone provide information regarding tutor/demo positions? I am likewise keen to apply. Would it be possible to tutor just finishing a Bachelors degree and where we should forward our expression of interest?
I am somewhat optimistic about this, as I received the top scoring student award for my major (aggregate across second and third year).

When I was interested in demonstrating for the Faculty of IT, I sent a request through ask.monash and they referred me onto the Faculty of IT's academic coordinator, who told me how to register interest. Your best bet would be to either do that, or contact the faculty you wish to demonstrate for, directly. Obviously I didn't follow through with it, but it was interesting to see the process.
Experience in teaching at both secondary and tertiary levels.

website // new forum profile

Ask Monash University

• Official Representative of Monash University
  • Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Monash University
  • Respect: +14
« Reply #5003 on: December 08, 2016, 12:59:31 pm »
Hello,

Hi Cloud.Nine

Do check out this web page for more information of becoming a Student Tutor: https://www.monash.edu/career-connect/jobs/find-a-job/become-a-student-tutor

Career Connect would also be able to advise on the process of becoming a student tutor, as well as offering useful resources for students and graduates: https://www.monash.edu/career-connect/contacts

Hope the information helps.  :)
Monash University ATAR Notes team. For more information about Monash and our courses visit study.monash

esthertham58

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
« Reply #5004 on: December 14, 2016, 10:06:31 am »
Hey guys,

Does anyone know any Monash students who is doing Nutrition Science ?

I would like to contact them and ask them some questions. Thank you.

heids

• Supreme Stalker
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +1632
« Reply #5005 on: December 14, 2016, 10:18:52 am »
Hey guys,

I'm pretty sure anna.xo did, but there's no guarantee she'll be able to answer your questions. :)
VCE (2014): HHD, Bio, English, T&T, Methods

Uni (2021-24): Bachelor of Nursing @ Monash Clayton

Work: PCA in residential aged care

esthertham58

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
« Reply #5006 on: December 14, 2016, 10:30:35 am »
I'm pretty sure anna.xo did, but there's no guarantee she'll be able to answer your questions. :)

Thanks!

amandex

• Fresh Poster
  • School: Balwyn high
  • School Grad Year: 2016
« Reply #5007 on: December 14, 2016, 11:27:31 am »
Hey!
has anyone transferred from rmit to monash?? im looking at doing a bachelor of business at Rmit and then transferring into commerce at Monash.

olumidekehinde

• Adventurer
  • School: Gleneagles Secondary College
  • School Grad Year: 2016
« Reply #5008 on: December 14, 2016, 11:40:55 pm »
I was wondering if someone can give me information on any suggestions on the following courses: Bachelor of Commerce/Computer Science and Bachelor of Commerce/Biomedicine.

My main questiosn include: What types of future/career do both courses offer? Which one would have more jobs?

Thanks!

anna.xo

• No exam discussion
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +47
  • School Grad Year: 2014
« Reply #5009 on: January 06, 2017, 08:30:18 am »
+1
Hey guys,

Heidi was correct, I'm doing this :)
2014: VCE
2015: Bachelor of Nutrition Science @ Monash University