Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 05:07:55 am

Author Topic: Things that shit me  (Read 334048 times)  Share 

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
Re: Things that shit me
« Reply #1275 on: August 22, 2019, 09:01:18 pm »
+3
When your teacher tries to use scaling as incentive to make you pick Spanish as an elective for Year 9. She said that "languages get 'extra points' because they're harder" ::)
I should note that LOTEs do get extra points. They get 5 bonus points after the actual scaling happens as an incentive for more students to take up and learn a second language.

Obviously, doing subjects for scaling etc is not the wisest thing but she isn't wrong that they get extra points. I wouldn't agree that it is because they are "harder" though.

VCAA has said the following:
As a result of government policy to encourage the study of languages, a further adjustment is made during the scaling process. Each Language is adjusted up by adding five to the initial VTAC scaled study score average. All students of a Language receive an adjustment, but it is not a uniform adjustment. For study scores at or close to 30, the adjustment is 5, but the adjustment decreases as the study score moves away from 30.

« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 09:02:58 pm by Sine »

SlowandSteady

• MOTM: JULY 2019
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +151
« Reply #1276 on: August 22, 2019, 09:07:30 pm »
+1
Yep. I told her exactly that; they get scaled up because they're LOTEs, hence the obligatory rolled eyes emoji after my quote. She was looking at the VCE scaling report, but we're in the QCE system. I would still imagine (?) that something similar would happen, though. I don't have any plans of pursuing a LOTE, so her persuasion is a lost cause :P
QCE Class of 2023 :D

Kombmail

• Forum Obsessive
  • When you realise Kpop exists... the world is good.
  • Respect: -4
« Reply #1277 on: August 23, 2019, 08:24:51 am »
Guys completely irrelevant to studying but I think that there’s a hidden camera in my alarm system. I’ve told my parents about this but no one really believes me. The reason I can tell it’s a camera is that it doesn’t particularly focus on the range of the room. Should I be worried guys?
-KgkG-

S200

• Part of the furniture
  • Yeah well that happened...
  • Respect: +244
« Reply #1278 on: August 23, 2019, 08:16:46 pm »
Guys completely irrelevant to studying but I think that there’s a hidden camera in my alarm system. I’ve told my parents about this but no one really believes me. The reason I can tell it’s a camera is that it doesn’t particularly focus on the range of the room. Should I be worried guys?
Sorry... what is it that doesn't particularly focus on the range of the room?
Carpe Vinum

\(\LaTeX\) - \(e^{\pi i }\)
#ThanksRui! - #Rui\(^2\) - #Jamon10000

5233718311 :D

Poet

• MOTM: JUN 18
  • Part of the furniture
  • Love. ~she/they
  • Respect: +2790
« Reply #1279 on: August 23, 2019, 09:12:14 pm »
+4
Your parents would probably know about any form of surveillance they installed in their own household..

You seem to have posted in the wrong area. This is not in line with forum etiquette of keeping threads on topic. You can bring this up in its own thread in general discussion if you would like further discussion, please. This is not an advice thread.

Something that shits me is when your camera doesn't focus on what you want it to, no matter how hard you try to adjust the angle, zoom or, well, focus. WhAt DoN't YoU wAnT mE tO sEe
Thoughts are only thoughts.
They are not you. You do belong to yourself,
even when your thoughts don't.

Dealing with Year 12 - Put Your Mental Health at the Forefront
A Little Guide to Healthy Eating

SlowandSteady

• Trendsetter
« Reply #1280 on: August 24, 2019, 03:15:54 pm »
+6
When your little brother so kindly illustrates a picturesque rendition of a male reproductive organ on the shitty drawing of a praying mantis that you worked on for an hour.

blueycan

• MOTM: AUG 19
  • Forum Obsessive
  • she/her
  • Respect: +244
« Reply #1281 on: August 24, 2019, 04:25:18 pm »
+5
when a face mask keeps slippING OFF

SlowandSteady

• Trendsetter
« Reply #1282 on: August 26, 2019, 01:51:12 am »
+6
You really know you've fr*cked up when it's 2AM and you still need to finish a good third of your English before it's due. I barely have the strength to lift my mug of coffee to my lips aaahAAaAhHG.

DrDusk

• NSW MVP - 2019
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +130
« Reply #1283 on: August 26, 2019, 02:53:19 am »
+6
You really know you've fr*cked up when it's 2AM and you still need to finish a good third of your English before it's due. I barely have the strength to lift my mug of coffee to my lips aaahAAaAhHG.

We've all been there. I pulled an all nighter once for IPT, I actually didn't sleep at all because I had to get ready to go to school as soon as I was done. Which leads me to that the only reason I had to do this was because one of my teammates said he 'lost' his part the night before the assignment was due.

r1ckworthy

• NSW MVP - 2019
  • HSC Moderator
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +305
« Reply #1284 on: August 26, 2019, 07:30:50 am »
+7
We've all been there. I pulled an all nighter once for IPT, I actually didn't sleep at all because I had to get ready to go to school as soon as I was done. Which leads me to that the only reason I had to do this was because one of my teammates said he 'lost' his part the night before the assignment was due.

I've stayed up the whole night one time because my english teacher told the whole class what to actually do the friday before the weekend, and we still had no idea on what to do.
HSC 2019: English Advanced || Mathematics || Mathematics Extension 1 || Physics || Chemistry || Science Extension || Ancient History ||

Bachelor of Physiotherapy @ ACU

The Yr12 journey- a diary I "hope" to update... || Halfway through Year 12... lessons I've learned so far. || Check out my youtube channel!

PhoenixxFire

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • They/them/theirs
  • Respect: +3102
« Reply #1285 on: August 27, 2019, 11:18:57 am »
+8
Hiccups
2019: B. Environment and Sustainability/B. Science @ ANU
2020: Just Vibing
2021: B. Paramedicine/B. Nursing @ ACU Canberra

SlowandSteady

• Trendsetter
« Reply #1286 on: August 29, 2019, 08:51:49 pm »
+11
When the stand of your keyboard is too loose so when you give it the slightest touch it collapses and slices through your power chord like a guillotine.

sweetiepi

• National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "A Bit of Chaos" (she/they)
  • Respect: +3589
« Reply #1287 on: August 31, 2019, 05:02:54 pm »
+14
Train replacements:
- on the city loop
- on my train line
- on my backup V/Line line

(I don't like buses because they make me motion sick :( )
2017-2019: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Formulation Science)
2020: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Honours) Read my uni journey here!

J_Rho

• MOTM: MARCH 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +756
« Reply #1288 on: September 02, 2019, 07:07:53 pm »
+5
VCE stress-related mental breakdowns
— VCE —
English 30, Further Maths 33, Biology 33, Legal Studies 27, Psychology 32

— University —
Bachelor of Nursing @ Monash