Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 02:24:57 am

Author Topic: Help eliminate my confusion  (Read 687 times)  Share 

prakash.ram

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Help eliminate my confusion
« on: May 04, 2019, 02:04:44 pm »
So this is my essay question "In ‘the castle’, our understanding of individual identity, as well as cultural perspectives, is shaped by textual form, as well as language features."

I came up with a point, but my teacher said there is no real substance to it. Can someone help add "substance" to my point because personally I thought it was good, but it obviously is not? any help would be highly appreciated.

this is my point... The big family home is a dream for many people; it is a place to build memories as well as bring up a family. This is exactly what Darryl Kerrigan was trying to fulfil in his life, but his home is in danger of being taken away from him. Society’s change from the typical large Aussie home to a more compact family home does not hinder Darryl’s values from living the life that he wants for his family.

kiwii

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Re: Help eliminate my confusion
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2019, 09:46:12 pm »
+1
your point is about family. if I'm not mistaken. so maybe focus on how Australian values are more about family and maybe connect it to the famous line "a mans home is his castle" which highlights how his family is what makes his home, a 'castle'. I think family values is what you're trying to get across but if it isn't then I apologise. gl with your essay if this isn't too late! :D