Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 04:15:45 pm

Author Topic: Black Diggers  (Read 841 times)  Share 

Biz0001

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Black Diggers
« on: July 27, 2019, 09:29:28 am »
Hi ,Can anyone help me with the prompt please? I have no idea how to start!!!!

" Black Diggers " shows that it is the youth who are most likely to want and implement change .Do you agree ?

OZLexico

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +8
Re: Black Diggers
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2019, 05:42:46 pm »
+1
Hi there, I hope my comments will still be useful to you - I'm not an expert with this text.  You should first decide whether you agree with the essay topic - are the young characters "most likely to want to implement change"? What does this phrase refer to, what "change" might they be trying to achieve (respect? recognition?), what kind of changes/transformation do they want?  Also, is it within their power to achieve these goals - they achieve temporary success amongst their fellow soldiers, only to lose it on their return from the war. What is the price they pay for their struggle to "implement change"? When you consider the older characters in the early scenes of the play are they avoiding "change" (Bertie's mother is gradually worn down by his demands) or resigned to their status in Australian society? How are their expectations of their lives different from that of the younger characters. Think about how you'd describe these younger characters (resourceful, loyal, persistent, courageous) and how they use this energy to overcome misunderstanding and stereotyping.  Make sure you have some synonyms for the key phrase "implement change". As you are being asked "do you agree" you can contrast the young characters with older characters or with the older versions of the young characters.