Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 02:12:00 pm

Author Topic: The Last Term of SCHOOL!!!  (Read 4195 times)

envisagator

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +20
The Last Term of SCHOOL!!!
« on: July 23, 2018, 08:52:43 pm »
+12
Hei, I know this is a late journal, been 2 months since ive joined, recently got to know the fantastic idea of creating a HSC journal.
My subjects are:
English standard
Math Ext 2
Math Ext 1
Physics
Engineering Studies

While everyone is really focussed and working hard towards their trials here I am stressed and panicking about most likely getting trail exam results tomorrow. Btw, my school likes to do trials during the last two weeks of term 2, dont ask me why ahahah.

Super nervous for english, im pretty sure i bombed the short answers, stressed about ranks, currently 3rd with a 1 mark difference from first, apart from that I feel confident for the rest of paper 1 and 2
Mxt 1- pretty sure I read/ misinterpreted a question or two, while most likely having marks lost to careless errors. I lost 4 marks in the first exam and 5 marks in the half yearly to careless errors which resulted in marks below 90 and poor ranks
Physics exam - felt confident, though for the practical I crossed out a correct explanation 2 mins left then wrote the wrong one feels bad.

School is ranked well below 200 which freaks me out even more. Anyways just expressing my feelings gave me a bit of positve energy boost ahaha!!
« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 09:00:41 pm by envisagator »
2018 HSC: English Standard          Mathematics EXT 1,2          Physics          Engineering Studies

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
Re: The Last Term of SCHOOL!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2018, 09:37:03 am »
+1
Awesome! All the best for your results - let us know when you can. ;D

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

Caitlynk_22

• MOTM: DEC 18
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +238
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2018, 11:11:09 am »
+2
Hi! Welcome to the HSC journal, I see you do Engineering Studies. Me too! I look forward in reading your HSC Journal :)
2018 - HSC - My HSC Journal 2018
2019 - Gap Year - Cert 3 @ TAFE My Gap Year Journal
2020 - 2022 B of Design (Architecture) @ UoN My University Journal

envisagator

• Forum Regular
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2018, 03:05:13 pm »
+3
Got 1 and a half exam back today:
Physics - overall 83% (ave of exam+prac) really devestated, lost easy marks in mc and in short answers for not reading qustion properly, 5 marks lost due to calculation errors, but, I moved from 8 to 2 after the exam, guess thats an upside.

Mxt 2- got half of the exam back, 54/70 so far, really disappointed, theres like 10-15 marks lost from careless errors, plus and minus when finding solutions, not simplifying answers, numbers that just disappear when i write the next line. Still 30 marks to go, Q15, 16, but if I dont make any silly errors, im expecting a 20/30 for the last question, hopefully that comes out good.

These errors really frustrate me, if it wasnt for them I would have gotten in the 90s for physics, and would've had a great potential to get high 80's even 90 for mxt 2.
Will get english back on friday, but got hit with a 4min speech due week 3
Teacher was absent soo didnt get engineering back, even though I dont want it back
Mxt 1- teacher still hasnt started marking, sigh  >:( >:(

Anyone have tips to improve concentration or to minimise silly errors
2018 HSC: English Standard          Mathematics EXT 1,2          Physics          Engineering Studies

envisagator

• Forum Regular
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2018, 07:48:32 pm »
+4
Finally got the finalised marks for trails, overall a bitter sweet situation.
English standard - 87%, bombed paper 1 (35/45), paper 2 was really good (56/60), first overall in ranking really happy, even though I have a 0.5% lead
Engineering Studies - 80% - needs improvement, but was a really challenging exam, idk teacher saying getting raw 80 could push you to a band 6 in hsc, which im not so sure about.
Math ext 1 - 72%, a lot of careless errors, need improvement in MC
Math ext 2 - 75%
Physics - 83% overall, currently 2nd overall

I still strongly believe i can achieve mid 90 atar, just need to keep motivated, work harder and learn from mistakes.

Onto everyday life, did 15 hours of driving during the last 2 weeks, have 30 hours overall (depressing I know, had licence for like a year and a half)
Went for a few runs with friends, which felt really good, a break from study was necessary, thinking about signing up to the gym; fitness is not up to my previous standards, so need to work on that.
A week away from premier league starting back up again, really excited. Fingers crossed for Liverpool to win the league, we have a big chance I rekon this year, and hopefully get into the later stages of champions league, that would be fantastic.

Anyone interested in AN creating a fantasy premier league team??

Caitlynk_22

• MOTM: DEC 18
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +238
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2018, 12:08:23 pm »
+2
Engineering Studies - 80% - needs improvement, but was a really challenging exam, idk teacher saying getting raw 80 could push you to a band 6 in hsc.

Wow! That's really good! That will definitely get a band 6, my brother was on around 80-85 every exam for engineering and got a band 6. I think you're doing really well! Well done, keep working hard. I can only dream of getting a 80% (Well I have - but I blame my engineering teacher for the incident... A story for another time)

Good work on your other results too. I think you're going to so really well and I hope you get the ATAR you want. :)
2018 - HSC - My HSC Journal 2018
2019 - Gap Year - Cert 3 @ TAFE My Gap Year Journal
2020 - 2022 B of Design (Architecture) @ UoN My University Journal

envisagator

• Forum Regular
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2018, 01:45:54 pm »
+1
Wow! That's really good! That will definitely get a band 6, my brother was on around 80-85 every exam for engineering and got a band 6. I think you're doing really well! Well done, keep working hard. I can only dream of getting a 80% (Well I have - but I blame my engineering teacher for the incident... A story for another time)

Good work on your other results too. I think you're going to so really well and I hope you get the ATAR you want. :)
WOW!!, this is really satisfying to know, thanks for the thumbs up, good luck to you in your trials aswell, get that 85+ in engineering!!!

dermite

• Trendsetter
  • You are just like everyone else, unique.
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2018, 01:56:42 pm »
+1
i remember getting 95% in my half-yearly for maths extension, and getting 65% in engineering. (i was consistently in the mid-high 80s)
so guess which one i dropped
HSC 2018
English Advanced  
Maths Extension 1
Physics
Chemistry
Information Processes and Technology
Goal : 93 ATAR

envisagator

• Forum Regular
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2018, 02:58:13 pm »
i remember getting 95% in my half-yearly for maths extension, and getting 65% in engineering. (i was consistently in the mid-high 80s)
so guess which one i dropped
ahah, engineering can get a bit tricky/ challenging at times

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2018, 05:07:02 pm »
+1
A week away from premier league starting back up again, really excited. Fingers crossed for Liverpool to win the league, we have a big chance I rekon this year, and hopefully get into the later stages of champions league, that would be fantastic.

Should see if there's any interest on the sport boards!

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

Fergus6748

• Trendsetter
  • Never let your memories be greater than your dream
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2018, 07:45:26 pm »
+1
Finally got the finalised marks for trails, overall a bitter sweet situation.
English standard - 87%, bombed paper 1 (35/45), paper 2 was really good (56/60), first overall in ranking really happy, even though I have a 0.5% lead
Engineering Studies - 80% - needs improvement, but was a really challenging exam, idk teacher saying getting raw 80 could push you to a band 6 in hsc, which im not so sure about.
Math ext 1 - 72%, a lot of careless errors, need improvement in MC
Math ext 2 - 75%
Physics - 83% overall, currently 2nd overall

I still strongly believe i can achieve mid 90 atar, just need to keep motivated, work harder and learn from mistakes.

Onto everyday life, did 15 hours of driving during the last 2 weeks, have 30 hours overall (depressing I know, had licence for like a year and a half)
Went for a few runs with friends, which felt really good, a break from study was necessary, thinking about signing up to the gym; fitness is not up to my previous standards, so need to work on that.

Congrats!!! Those are awesome marks!! Especially for trials, well done!! Don't stress over quantitive marks so much, focus on the qualtitative feedback. Is there a particular course you want to get into? Engineering I would assume, which field?
Hsc: Advanced English || Maths Extension 1 || Mathematics || Economics || Chemistry || Physics

envisagator

• Forum Regular
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2018, 08:07:40 pm »
Congrats!!! Those are awesome marks!! Especially for trials, well done!! Don't stress over quantitive marks so much, focus on the qualtitative feedback. Is there a particular course you want to get into? Engineering I would assume, which field?
Thanks Fergus for the kind words, my dream since I was like in year 5 was to do aeronautical engineering, but, right now im still deciding whether to do mechanical due to job possibilities. Also, still deciding whether UNSW or USYD, I aspire to do the space engineering double degree with aeronautical, but, dont think I can get 99 atar.

The last few days, all I've done is research both mech and aero engineerng, and the facilities at UNSW and USYD. UNSW has a new faculty which looks dope with new tech, and sydney is a bit old faculty, which is kind of drawng me back. Hopefully, the open day at both universities will allow me to choose.

Fergus6748

• Trendsetter
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2018, 09:25:05 am »
Thanks Fergus for the kind words, my dream since I was like in year 5 was to do aeronautical engineering, but, right now im still deciding whether to do mechanical due to job possibilities. Also, still deciding whether UNSW or USYD, I aspire to do the space engineering double degree with aeronautical, but, dont think I can get 99 atar.

The last few days, all I've done is research both mech and aero engineerng, and the facilities at UNSW and USYD. UNSW has a new faculty which looks dope with new tech, and sydney is a bit old faculty, which is kind of drawng me back. Hopefully, the open day at both universities will allow me to choose.
I'm in exact same position!!! I want to do science and engineering majoring in astrophysics/cosmology and space/mechatronic respectively. Although while USYD is closer and stuff UNSW looks nicer and it has a lower ATAR requirement for space engineering. Do you mean a double major in space and aeronautical engineering? The atar requirements are pretty ridiculous though
Hsc: Advanced English || Maths Extension 1 || Mathematics || Economics || Chemistry || Physics

envisagator

• Forum Regular
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2018, 02:00:31 pm »
I'm in exact same position!!! I want to do science and engineering majoring in astrophysics/cosmology and space/mechatronic respectively. Although while USYD is closer and stuff UNSW looks nicer and it has a lower ATAR requirement for space engineering. Do you mean a double major in space and aeronautical engineering? The atar requirements are pretty ridiculous though

Yeah, the double major in space and aeronautical engineering. The atar is really high, but I'm hoping I can scrape 98+, so that I can potentially get Dalyell Scholars, and then do an internal transfer to space degree. However, my current marks are not sufficient and need to put in an immense amount of work
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 02:20:32 pm by envisagator »

Fergus6748

• Trendsetter
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2018, 01:32:24 pm »
+1
Yeah, the double major in space and aeronautical engineering. The atar is really high, but I'm hoping I can scrape 98+, so that I can potentially get Dalyell Scholars, and then do an internal transfer to space degree. However, my current marks are not sufficient and need to put in an immense amount of work
Yeah, the best thing to do is just keep an open mind to everything. Don't get hung up on atar expectations, definitely keep your atar goal, but keep just as that. A goal. "Nothing worth having comes easy", just gotta keep pushing yourself, and if you are stuck on motivation look back to what got you started in the first place, we often find our passion from our roots. Wish you luck for the next few months!!