Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 24, 2024, 06:20:06 am

Author Topic: The HSC Rollercoaster  (Read 11429 times)

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
Re: The HSC Rollercoaster
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2018, 08:50:23 pm »
+1
Helloooo!

Ah second week back and I am slowly getting back into it. I'm currently in a period of not having as much work to do as I completed lots of it in the holidays so now I can take it easy for a bit before I get hit back with all these exams. In saying that, I finally got all my marks back from my exams and I am actually very happy. However, I would have liked the legal mark to be a little higher but regardless I think all the study paid off. This is what I have achieved so far:
* English (Oral) - 100%
* General Maths - 95%
* Business Studies - 98%
* Economics - 94%
* Legal Studies - 88%
* SOR 1 - 90%

Anyways, not much to update for now! See you soon :)

Insanely good results, well done Emily, far out! ;D

Can definitely appreciate not being happy with the Legal mark - Especially since it is your only sub-90 mark (wow, you're crazy good, ahaha). Do you have a game plan for improving? :)

PS - Who the hell gets 100% in Oral? What's your secret? ;)

Lumenoria

• MOTM: JUN 18
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +85
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2018, 08:59:29 pm »
+1
Holy shit, your results are incredible!! Well done, I'm so jealous hahaha
HSC 2018 (ATAR 96.35) - English Advanced (96) | Mathematics General (87) | Legal Studies (94) | Economics (89) | Industrial Technology (94)

emilyygeorgexx

• HSC LECTURER
  • ____________
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +113
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2018, 09:23:48 pm »
Insanely good results, well done Emily, far out! ;D

Can definitely appreciate not being happy with the Legal mark - Especially since it is your only sub-90 mark (wow, you're crazy good, ahaha). Do you have a game plan for improving? :)

PS - Who the hell gets 100% in Oral? What's your secret? ;)

Ah thank you so much!! I genuinely have no idea how I got 100% in my oral, literally never in my whole schooling career have I ever received a mark like that!

I think I have a game plan for legal. My crime essay got 12/15 but I already knew coming out of the exam that my structure wasn't as cohesive as I would have liked it to be and because the question was in regard to 'offender, victims and society' I think I fell a bit short on the victims bit. My world order essay got a 22/25 which is still a pretty decent mark. My teacher said that I was just trying to corporate so many legal issues that towards the end of the essay my argument got a little bit lost. Plus the question was the 'Changing ethical standards and values' theme and challenge like pftt what a hard one for the first essay we did!!
HSC 2018 - (ATAR: 99.10)
English Advanced (90) | General Mathematics 2 (95) | Business Studies (98 - 6th in NSW) | Legal Studies (94) | Economics (93) | Studies of Religion 1 (48)

2019: B Commerce/B Laws @ UNSW

emilyygeorgexx

• HSC LECTURER
  • ____________
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2018, 09:24:34 pm »
Holy shit, your results are incredible!! Well done, I'm so jealous hahaha

Thanks so much!! I had a quick read of your results as well and you did amazing ;D
English Advanced (90) | General Mathematics 2 (95) | Business Studies (98 - 6th in NSW) | Legal Studies (94) | Economics (93) | Studies of Religion 1 (48)

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2018, 09:26:19 pm »
+1
I think I have a game plan for legal. My crime essay got 12/15 but I already knew coming out of the exam that my structure wasn't as cohesive as I would have liked it to be and because the question was in regard to 'offender, victims and society' I think I fell a bit short on the victims bit. My world order essay got a 22/25 which is still a pretty decent mark. My teacher said that I was just trying to corporate so many legal issues that towards the end of the essay my argument got a little bit lost. Plus the question was the 'Changing ethical standards and values' theme and challenge like pftt what a hard one for the first essay we did!!

Awesome to hear. That World Order question is bruuuutal - 22/25 there is definitely a job well done in my eyes ;D you'll easy be 90+ for Legal by Trials!

emilyygeorgexx

• HSC LECTURER
  • ____________
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2018, 09:11:33 pm »
+2
Wow, I haven't been on here in ages! So I'm just gonna give a little update on what's happening :)

This term was definitely one of the busiest terms I have experienced so far like literally so many exams in so little time! I'll give you an update on how I went:
* English - Mod A essay on Monday so still awaiting the results but hopefully its okay - omg only the biggest stuff up I made was I wrote R3 was written in 1953 instead of 1593 so hopefully they realise I just made a little mistake...

* Maths - an exam and came out with 95% pretty stoked as it is nice to keep the first place

* SOR 1 - an essay on Buddhist enviro ethics but still awaiting the results - this essay I felt I did pretty alright

* Business - an essay on operations strategies and some multiple choice still awaiting the result and hopefully will get it on monday!!

*Economics - an assignment on the budget and some multiple choice came out with 84% - tbh I was pretty disappointed with that result but its okay I know I can pull it together for the trial and get back near my half yearly mark :)

Okay I'm just gonna dedicate its own bit to this one because I am actually and genuinely cannot believe this happened. For legal we did an essay on consumers and 15 multiple choice on human rights. Today I got my exam back and actually couldn't believe it but I got 100%. Genuinely shocked!! I am so happy and wow I just don't even know what to say ;D

But yeah that's all thats really been happening in my life so far! Now my mindset is 100% shifted to the trials

Let's do something amazing!! ;D

Lumenoria

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2018, 10:51:05 pm »

Wow, I haven't been on here in ages! So I'm just gonna give a little update on what's happening :)

This term was definitely one of the busiest terms I have experienced so far like literally so many exams in so little time! I'll give you an update on how I went:
* English - Mod A essay on Monday so still awaiting the results but hopefully its okay - omg only the biggest stuff up I made was I wrote R3 was written in 1953 instead of 1593 so hopefully they realise I just made a little mistake...

* Maths - an exam and came out with 95% pretty stoked as it is nice to keep the first place

* SOR 1 - an essay on Buddhist enviro ethics but still awaiting the results - this essay I felt I did pretty alright

* Business - an essay on operations strategies and some multiple choice still awaiting the result and hopefully will get it on monday!!

*Economics - an assignment on the budget and some multiple choice came out with 84% - tbh I was pretty disappointed with that result but its okay I know I can pull it together for the trial and get back near my half yearly mark :)

Okay I'm just gonna dedicate its own bit to this one because I am actually and genuinely cannot believe this happened. For legal we did an essay on consumers and 15 multiple choice on human rights. Today I got my exam back and actually couldn't believe it but I got 100%. Genuinely shocked!! I am so happy and wow I just don't even know what to say ;D

But yeah that's all thats really been happening in my life so far! Now my mindset is 100% shifted to the trials

Let's do something amazing!! ;D

OMFG ARE YOU LEGIT?? DUDE THAT'S AMAZING AND SO WELL DESERVED, CONGRATULATIONS - GENUINELY. What a coincidence that we both got 100 in legal for this assessment period HAHAHAHHA! And your maths mark is goals as fuck btw lol
HSC 2018 (ATAR 96.35) - English Advanced (96) | Mathematics General (87) | Legal Studies (94) | Economics (89) | Industrial Technology (94)

emilyygeorgexx

• HSC LECTURER
  • ____________
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2018, 08:48:15 pm »
+3
Trials start tomorrow which means death is near approaching

This week: Paper 1, Paper 2, Legal and Maths

I am actually going to die after these english exams considering we did Module B in about 2 weeks (only 2 poems though for trials - anyone who does Eliot understands my pain considering the length of 'Prufrock')

I guess I’ll see you on the flip side :'(
« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 09:05:51 pm by emilyygeorgexx »

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2018, 09:25:36 pm »
You’ve got this Emily, be confident!! Trust me, confidence is seriously important - Walk in thinking you’ll smash it and you probably will

emilyygeorgexx

• HSC LECTURER
  • ____________
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2018, 05:42:49 pm »
+2
Okay so I have done 3 exams so far!!

Paper 1 - eh, I think the unseen texts will let me down but the essay question fit to my related text perfectly so I was quite happy with that

Paper 2 - actually surprised, enjoyed it more than Paper 1 but I didn't enjoy my sore arm that followed it - I think I answered all 3 questions alright, made sure I changed my analysis at any time so I could to fit with the questions

Legal - very fair paper, multiple choice was pretty good, crime essay was an easy question not sure how well I executed it though - option essays were AMAZING

I had done both of the questions in my previous exams for legal so I literally just wrote the same essays out again (especially for consumers since I got 25/25 last time so hopefully I can reciprocate it!!)

Maths tomorrow, fingers crossed it's not too difficult ;D
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 09:42:00 pm by emilyygeorgexx »

emilyygeorgexx

• HSC LECTURER
  • ____________
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2018, 02:32:14 pm »
Finally put my UAC preferences in!!

Razeen25

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +21
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2018, 03:07:43 pm »
Okay so I have done 3 exams so far!!

Paper 1 - eh, I think the unseen texts will let me down but the essay question fit to my related text perfectly so I was quite happy with that

Paper 2 - actually surprised, enjoyed it more than Paper 1 but I didn't enjoy my sore arm that followed it - I think I answered all 3 questions alright, made sure I changed my analysis at any time so I could to fit with the questions

Legal - very fair paper, multiple choice was pretty good, crime essay was an easy question not sure how well I executed it though - option essays were AMAZING

I had done both of the questions in my previous exams for legal so I literally just wrote the same essays out again (especially for consumers since I got 25/25 last time so hopefully I can reciprocate it!!)

Maths tomorrow, fingers crossed it's not too difficult ;D

My trials this Monday, and I hope they go as smoothly as yours did!

Finally put my UAC preferences in!!

YAAAYYY. If you don't mind me asking what courses did you apply for?
HSC 2018 || Biology (90) || Business Studies (94) || English Advanced (87) || Legal Studies (91) || General Mathematics 2 (95) ||
ATAR: 96.20

emilyygeorgexx

• HSC LECTURER
  • ____________
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2018, 03:26:30 pm »
+2

YAAAYYY. If you don't mind me asking what courses did you apply for?

Yeah of course! This is the order I put it in:

1. Bachelor of Law/Bachelor of Commerce - UNSW
2. Bachelor of Commerce - UNSW
3. Bachelor of Law/Bachelor of Business - UTS
4. Bachelor of Business - UTS
5. Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Education (Secondary) - UNSW

I am still contemplating my 5th preference so it might end up changing depending on how I feel during the rest of the year, but the top 4 are all definitely keepers!

Also good luck with your exams this week, you'll smash it!!!
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 03:28:22 pm by emilyygeorgexx »

emilyygeorgexx

• HSC LECTURER
  • ____________
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2018, 09:17:54 pm »
+1
Spent about 75% of today crying lmao - literally just got triggered by everything relating to these trial exams

I just really couldn't fathom the thought of me failing my business trial yesterday or sitting the economics trial on Monday

Anyways, I've got one trial left on Monday which is economics. I'm honestly just going to accept my fate because I feel like its just not looking good for me right now. Having to relearn the whole syllabus in 5 days is definitely not fun

Lumenoria

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2018, 12:45:15 am »

Spent about 75% of today crying lmao - literally just got triggered by everything relating to these trial exams

I just really couldn't fathom the thought of me failing my business trial yesterday or sitting the economics trial on Monday

Anyways, I've got one trial left on Monday which is economics. I'm honestly just going to accept my fate because I feel like its just not looking good for me right now. Having to relearn the whole syllabus in 5 days is definitely not fun

Aw girl I feel you. You've got this, just think about how good you'll feel when it's finally over!! Good luck xx