Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 23, 2024, 06:39:13 pm

Author Topic: My Year 12 Life - Class of 2018  (Read 42300 times)

Caitlynk_22

• MOTM: DEC 18
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +238
Re: My Year 12 Life - Class of 2018
« Reply #150 on: November 06, 2018, 05:47:23 pm »
+8
HI GUYS

So, I have some news.... I FINISHED THE HSC. I thought it would never end!  Thinking about it now, its kinda sad. This was the last day that I'll ever be in this uniform and the last time I'll sit in the hall doing an exam, the last time I ate a canteen pie, the last time I say high to my junior friends in the corridors. Jeez. It's been a long time, two whole years as a senior preparing for this HSC. The HSC that I have now finished. Like how weird is that? All my schooling years leading up to these exams and they're done. Whats next? What will I do with my life?

I'm taking a gap year next year and am going to take a tafe course which will help me with the degree I want to do. I hopefully get entry into university and defer it for a year. Then, the year after my gap year I will go uni and start something new. Something completely different from what I've been doing.

I'll keep the diary updated because we have not yet finished, I'll tell you about how the grad ball goes, the art show, my little holiday and of course my results (If I'm happy with them). I don't know what I'd do without all your support on ATARNotes, thank you so much!!!

BYEEEEEE

Ps. Oh and play this game called exploding cats, we played it in between SOR and engineering.
2018 - HSC - My HSC Journal 2018
2019 - Gap Year - Cert 3 @ TAFE My Gap Year Journal
2020 - 2022 B of Design (Architecture) @ UoN My University Journal

fantasticbeasts3

• NSW MVP - 2018
  • Part of the furniture
  • Im Moment studiere ich kein Deutsch :-(
  • Respect: +864
« Reply #151 on: November 06, 2018, 05:49:51 pm »
+4
Yay!!! Congrats on finishing the HSC -- I hope you have an awesome break and enjoy yourself! Are you going to be working and/or travelling as well as doing your TAFE course next year? Sounds super exciting, all the best!!
HSC 2017: English (Standard) // Mathematics // Modern History // Legal Studies // Business Studies
2018-2022: B International Studies/B Media (PR & Advertising) @ UNSW

kauac

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +291
« Reply #152 on: November 06, 2018, 05:51:35 pm »
+3
HI GUYS

So, I have some news.... I FINISHED THE HSC. I thought it would never end!  Thinking about it now, its kinda sad. This was the last day that I'll ever be in this uniform and the last time I'll sit in the hall doing an exam, the last time I ate a canteen pie, the last time I say high to my junior friends in the corridors. Jeez. It's been a long time, two whole years as a senior preparing for this HSC. The HSC that I have now finished. Like how weird is that? All my schooling years leading up to these exams and they're done. Whats next? What will I do with my life?

I'm taking a gap year next year and am going to take a tafe course which will help me with the degree I want to do. I hopefully get entry into university and defer it for a year. Then, the year after my gap year I will go uni and start something new. Something completely different from what I've been doing.

I'll keep the diary updated because we have not yet finished, I'll tell you about how the grad ball goes, the art show, my little holiday and of course my results (If I'm happy with them). I don't know what I'd do without all your support on ATARNotes, thank you so much!!!

BYEEEEEE

Ps. Oh and play this game called exploding cats, we played it in between SOR and engineering.

Congrats for finishing Caitlyn! And good job for getting through the two exams today. That's not a small feat to achieve.  ;D
2018: HSC

2019: Gap Year

2020-2024: B Science / M Nutrition & Dietetics @ USYD

Caitlynk_22

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #153 on: November 06, 2018, 05:53:20 pm »
+2
Yay!!! Congrats on finishing the HSC -- I hope you have an awesome break and enjoy yourself! Are you going to be working and/or travelling as well as doing your TAFE course next year? Sounds super exciting, all the best!!

I'm hoping to earn some money with a job for university and do TAFE while I have a job which should be manageable, I just want to keep myself going! :)

Caitlynk_22

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #154 on: November 15, 2018, 10:56:14 am »
+7
SO GUYS, as many of you know, SRS came out this morning and guess who got an offer at University of Newcastle! I got accepted into Bachelor of Design (Architecture) at the Callaghan campus. I was so excited to wake up to that this morning, I really wanted to get into Newcastle. It was also my highest preference on UAC so now i can move that one. I deferred the course for a year since my gap year is still happening. I'm finding a job so thats all good.

Disappointed that I didn't get nominated for artexpress but that's life lol. My teacher really thought I'd get in but anyway, one person from my class did get in though, he is a photographer and felting person who made a really cool looking major.

I'm going away on saturday and return on Tuesday, then I have to help go set up the art exhibition on Wednesday. The grad ball is the saturday after that. But anyway, I better go be a sloth for a little while.

Baiii

fantasticbeasts3

• NSW MVP - 2018
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #155 on: November 15, 2018, 11:28:41 am »
+1
Congrats on your uni offer!!!!

Hope you enjoy the rest of your break :-)
HSC 2017: English (Standard) // Mathematics // Modern History // Legal Studies // Business Studies

Caitlynk_22

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #156 on: November 24, 2018, 10:53:09 am »
+6
So HEEEYYY

Long time no see! So I've actually been really busy last few weeks :D

I went to Melbourne for a couple of days and it was amazing, I really want to go back :) I went with my friends and we had an amazing time together. It was our version of schoolies :)

Also, the art show for school was on Wednesday, everything went absolutely amazingly. I think everyone loved my artwork which was good and everyone elses in our class looked really good as well :)

So today is the grad ball and I'm actually so nervous and excited at the same time. We have to walk down this long walkway all alone with hundreds of people staring at us. I'm afraid I'll fall over in my heels gahh. Wish me luck.

Baiii

fantasticbeasts3

• NSW MVP - 2018
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #157 on: November 24, 2018, 03:54:23 pm »
+3
Glad to hear you’ve had an amazing break so far!! Question: is NSW the more superior state? 🤔

Best of luck for your grad ball today!!

Caitlynk_22

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #158 on: December 12, 2018, 11:06:27 pm »
+2
HI GUYS!

After the last month or so I have been doing almost nothing with my life (Except for applying to jobs). I received two more unconditional offers, one for B of Arts (Heritage and Culture) at Uni of Canberra and B of Surveying (Honours) at Uni of Newcastle. Since I received my first preference in the first round I have decided to decline the offers and other people to be let in the course. I know some people would be like 'why did you get rid of your backups??'. I got into what I wanted and have deferred. All is GOOD in LIFE.

Anyway. Results come out tomorrow and I am super nervous and EXCITED at the same time. Like I just wanna know how well or bad I did. If my hardwork paid off at all in those last weeks before exams. FINGERS FRICKEN CROSSED.

I will post my results tomorrow whether or not I am happy with them. This journal has led to this moment and has helped me develop into the person I am today. STILL SUPER NERVOUS. More nervous than ATAR...

BAIII

Caitlynk_22

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #159 on: December 13, 2018, 04:30:16 pm »
+11
Hi everyone, its taken a while for me to post but today has been a really hard an stressful day for me. The idea I had about the whole HSC scaling, marking, moderation... Has all changed. All that I have ever been told about the HSC has been false. And it was very misleading.

Here are my final results, I know I won't reach my ATAR goal but I am happy with some of them. I was shocked by others and very disappointed with others.

Visual Arts - 89 Band 5 ( ONE MARK )
Ancient History - 83 Band 5
Advanced English - 79 Band 4 ( PROUD!!!)
Mathematics - 76 Band 4 (SURPRISED)
Engineering - 76 Band 4 ( So disappointed)
SOR 1u - 35/50 Band 4 ( Don't really care )

So there they are. I am happy that its all over and I never have to worry about it ever ever again. I am happy that I got admitted into my university course based on my report and I am happy that I do not have to worry about my ATAR. I must say that I am disappointed, I was expecting more but I guess sometimes its just not enough. I worked really hard and thats all that really matters right?

I look at the results page of ATARNotes and a lot of the people that I have completed my HSC and see that they're way way smarter than me. They get higher results and bands and I always thought that I had to match others here. But as much as I studied, I didn't reach my goal. Even as I studied my ass off. I would like to thank all these people who I have looked up to, help and support me throughout this journey. Yes, you got higher marks than me but you inspired me to work so much harder than I would have before. I want to thank ATARNotes for helping me through this tough time. There have been laughs and there have been tears but no matter my ATAR I am not going to look back on this time as a bad one. I am proud of myself. I am proud of how hard I worked.

I remember when I first begun the HSC, it was a huge daunting task that seemed almost impossible. People used to say 'You'll live, its not bad'. I didn't think that at first but look at me now. Here I am. Writing one of my final ATARNotes HSC Journal its a surreal experience.

THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!! I love you all and I will continue to write on ATARNotes about my gap year journey (Mada had the idea first) and then the year after, my Uni journey.

Bai for now!

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
« Reply #160 on: December 13, 2018, 04:42:56 pm »
+4
CONGRATULATIONS!!   best wishes for your course (& gap year) and I'm glad you've decided to stick around to share those journeys with us :)

I will tell you that disappointing scores lose their emotional impact overtime; but I'm glad that even now you can look at the bright side
I also want to tell you that higher ATAR does not mean more intelligent. You have been measured on your ability to answer tests they way examiners wanted, and although intelligence *helps* (and the hard work you've put in helps a lot) there are a range of factors that influence it. It's not fair on yourself and it's inaccurate to believe you're less intelligent than someone else because they got a higher ATAR.

(also, it tends to be the happy and confident people who post their results on AN - it's definitely not a representative sample)

congratulations again & I hope you have a fabulous gap year!!! :D

jazcstuart

• MOTM: SEP 18
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +180
« Reply #161 on: December 13, 2018, 05:37:14 pm »
+2
Hi everyone, its taken a while for me to post but today has been a really hard an stressful day for me. The idea I had about the whole HSC scaling, marking, moderation... Has all changed. All that I have ever been told about the HSC has been false. And it was very misleading.

Here are my final results, I know I won't reach my ATAR goal but I am happy with some of them. I was shocked by others and very disappointed with others.

Visual Arts - 89 Band 5 ( ONE MARK )
Ancient History - 83 Band 5
Advanced English - 79 Band 4 ( PROUD!!!)
Mathematics - 76 Band 4 (SURPRISED)
Engineering - 76 Band 4 ( So disappointed)
SOR 1u - 35/50 Band 4 ( Don't really care )

So there they are. I am happy that its all over and I never have to worry about it ever ever again. I am happy that I got admitted into my university course based on my report and I am happy that I do not have to worry about my ATAR. I must say that I am disappointed, I was expecting more but I guess sometimes its just not enough. I worked really hard and thats all that really matters right?

I look at the results page of ATARNotes and a lot of the people that I have completed my HSC and see that they're way way smarter than me. They get higher results and bands and I always thought that I had to match others here. But as much as I studied, I didn't reach my goal. Even as I studied my ass off. I would like to thank all these people who I have looked up to, help and support me throughout this journey. Yes, you got higher marks than me but you inspired me to work so much harder than I would have before. I want to thank ATARNotes for helping me through this tough time. There have been laughs and there have been tears but no matter my ATAR I am not going to look back on this time as a bad one. I am proud of myself. I am proud of how hard I worked.

I remember when I first begun the HSC, it was a huge daunting task that seemed almost impossible. People used to say 'You'll live, its not bad'. I didn't think that at first but look at me now. Here I am. Writing one of my final ATARNotes HSC Journal its a surreal experience.

THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!! I love you all and I will continue to write on ATARNotes about my gap year journey (Mada had the idea first) and then the year after, my Uni journey.

Bai for now!
Huge congrats from me as well! I love your attitude towards your marks, that although you were a bit disappointed, you also recognise you achievements!

Also really excited to see another UoN person on atarnotes!

Good luck and keen to keep reading your journals.
HSC 2017 - Mathematics, Music 1
HSC 2018 - English (Advanced), Maths Extension 1, Chemistry, Geography, Earth and Environmental Science

2019 - B Renewable Energy Engineering @ University of Newcastle

Caitlynk_22

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #162 on: December 14, 2018, 04:25:12 pm »
+14
HI GUYS!

So the ATAR was highly expected and the ATARNotes calculator was literally on the dot. I ended up getting 76.75. I've been like, five bonus points for being regional - 81.75 yay. Thats closer to my goal but ya know only some uni's acfept the bonus points luckily Newcastle does so I'm still like 81 81 81 81. Bahahaa

And I am literally thanking my unconditional entry because I would not have gotten into my dream uni course without it. THANK YOU UNIVERSITY OF NEWCASTLE for seeing that I am bad at exams but good at other things and that I work hard :)

Anyway, this will probably be my final HSC Journal entry for 2018. I would like to thank everyone who has read and supported my journal throughout this year also to those who have inspired me to work harder than before. Thanks everyone!

I will probably be starting a gap year journal... May be boring as hell but I'll post it in accountability and motivation board.

Thank you!

This was My Year 12 Life everyone, thank you for reading.

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #163 on: December 15, 2018, 04:33:35 pm »
+4
Just want to congratulate you on everything you've accomplished. This thread was genuinely fantastic to read. Thank you so much for sharing your journey with us - can't wait to hear about what's in store for you next. :)

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

Caitlynk_22

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #164 on: December 15, 2018, 04:45:26 pm »
+4
Just want to congratulate you on everything you've accomplished. This thread was genuinely fantastic to read. Thank you so much for sharing your journey with us - can't wait to hear about what's in store for you next. :)

Thank you so much! The HSC really was an eye opening year, time to get into the real world now!