Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 04:54:30 pm

Author Topic: Music for a culture  (Read 3323 times)  Share 

Kombmail

• Forum Obsessive
  • When you realise Kpop exists... the world is good.
  • Respect: -4
Music for a culture
« on: July 05, 2019, 08:56:06 pm »
Guys,
How do you identify vocal effects for music for a culture? i.e, mordent, slides bends etc. ?
Ps would you recommend to have an understanding of cultural instruments?
-KgkG-

katie,rinos

• Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +1151
Re: Music for a culture
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2019, 08:06:57 pm »
+2
Guys,
How do you identify vocal effects for music for a culture? i.e, mordent, slides bends etc. ?
Ps would you recommend to have an understanding of cultural instruments?
Hey,
I think that it would mainly just be listening to different types of cultural music, and understanding what the different vocal effects (mordants/slide/bends etc.) would sound like.

Don't think you need to have an understanding of cultural instruments. As long as your able to identify what it sounds like (e.g wooden instrument, high-pitched instrument, etc.) then that should be fine.

Hope this helps!! :)
Class of 2017 (Year 12): Advanced English, General Maths, Legal Studies, Music 1, Ancient History, History Extension, Hospitality
2018-2022: B Music/B Education (Secondary) [UNSW]

Kombmail

• Forum Obsessive
  • When you realise Kpop exists... the world is good.
  • Respect: -4
Re: Music for a culture
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2019, 08:59:11 pm »
Hey,
I think that it would mainly just be listening to different types of cultural music, and understanding what the different vocal effects (mordants/slide/bends etc.) would sound like.

Don't think you need to have an understanding of cultural instruments. As long as your able to identify what it sounds like (e.g wooden instrument, high-pitched instrument, etc.) then that should be fine.

Hope this helps!! :)

Thanks man! :)
-KgkG-