Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 16, 2024, 09:57:33 pm

Author Topic: My Year 12 Life - Class of 2018  (Read 42204 times)

Caitlynk_22

• MOTM: DEC 18
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +238
Re: My Year 12 Life - Class of 2018
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2018, 08:06:49 pm »
+5
So today I had a total of three periods of Art because I had it period 1 and a double study which I chose to do my art. So far all is going well! I'm doing a very tedious piece of my sculpture at the moment and I'm hoping it goes well.

I also had maths today but I kept yawning. The topic we are doing is so boring and so annoying! It's the physics part of the course and we are almost finished the HSC course. Tomorrow I want to do some revision for the stuff we did today which was quite hard.

English we were doing creative writing! It went well!

And sixth period engineering was interesting. We watched some videos about bicycles for the personal and public transport. We learnt about the history of the bicycle which was quite interesting as we saw how it developed over time. I never thought the history of a bicycle could be so complicated.

Plus I'm really tired still even though I went to bed early yesterday. Maybe I should eat more breaky and pack more food for lunch? I ended up going to the canteen to buy a drink and some hot food. Maybe I should be eating more healthily? I would kill for a weekend right now even though we just came back from a 6 week school holiday.

Sorry for being so boring but today was normal and tiring.  :-\ I hope tomorrow is better. We have school photos during period 3 (English) and I'm so not ready for the last school photos I will ever have!

2018 - HSC - My HSC Journal 2018
2019 - Gap Year - Cert 3 @ TAFE My Gap Year Journal
2020 - 2022 B of Design (Architecture) @ UoN My University Journal

Caitlynk_22

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2018, 02:13:51 pm »
+8
Okay good news everyone! You know that art interview I did? Yeah so I got 19/20 which put me the top of the class! I was so happy when I found out during my double art today. I really hope to maintain this position this year so I will have to improve my theory marks. Wish me luck!

And I was so relieved to see that today I didn't have english or math. I'm going to the library this afternoon after an appointment with flightcentre about the graduation trip we are going to go on at the end of the year. Sadly my friends couldnt come to it so I'm going all by my lonesome but anyway.

I hope everyone had a great day today!

kauac

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +291
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2018, 08:43:53 pm »
Okay good news everyone! You know that art interview I did? Yeah so I got 19/20 which put me the top of the class! I was so happy when I found out during my double art today. I really hope to maintain this position this year so I will have to improve my theory marks. Wish me luck!

And I was so relieved to see that today I didn't have english or math. I'm going to the library this afternoon after an appointment with flightcentre about the graduation trip we are going to go on at the end of the year. Sadly my friends couldnt come to it so I'm going all by my lonesome but anyway.

That's awesome Caitlyn! What a great way to start the year off!

Lol, everyone's planning their schoolies trips, I'm here like, "yeah, I think I will go somewhere, if I save up enough money haha"! Good on you for booking it though - it gives you something to look forward to for the rest of the year.  ;D
2018: HSC

2019: Gap Year

2020-2024: B Science / M Nutrition & Dietetics @ USYD

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2018, 09:04:22 pm »

Incredible!! Congratulations Caitlyn - I bet you'll keep it up! :)

beatroot

• HSC LECTURER
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +1566
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2018, 09:09:32 pm »

Congrats on getting a fabulous mark for your visual arts assessment!! Keep up the good work ;)
Good luck on the rest of your visual arts journey :)
Which will hold greater rule over you? Your fear or your curiosity?

Please note that I am no longer active on the forums.
If you need any assistance, please message an admin or a natmod instead.

owidjaja

• National Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Bibliophile. Stationery addict.
  • Respect: +1010
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2018, 10:29:50 pm »

Omg yass! Great job on your interview :)

Ooh did you just mention graduation trip? Where are you planning to go?

Spoiler
Also random question: do you have a studygram account?
2018 HSC: English Advanced | Mathematics | Physics | Modern History | History Extension | Society and Culture | Studies of Religion I

ATAR: 93.60

2019: Aerospace Engineering (Hons)  @ UNSW

Lumenoria

• MOTM: JUN 18
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +85
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2018, 04:39:30 pm »
Omg congratulations on your amazing mark, that's absolutely phenomenal!!

And omg that trip sounds so exciting, are you travelling on your own? I'm thinking of doing the same thing because my friends are unsure as to whether they're or out of my South East Asia trip HAHHAA
HSC 2018 (ATAR 96.35) - English Advanced (96) | Mathematics General (87) | Legal Studies (94) | Economics (89) | Industrial Technology (94)

Caitlynk_22

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2018, 09:22:11 pm »
+2
That's awesome Caitlyn! What a great way to start the year off!

Lol, everyone's planning their schoolies trips, I'm here like, "yeah, I think I will go somewhere, if I save up enough money haha"! Good on you for booking it though - it gives you something to look forward to for the rest of the year.  ;D

Thank you so much! I really hope it'll be fun!

Incredible!! Congratulations Caitlyn - I bet you'll keep it up! :)

I certainly hope I will keep it up! It's a personal goal of mine to get a Band 6 in either Art or ancient but any other subjects fine with me haha.

Congrats on getting a fabulous mark for your visual arts assessment!! Keep up the good work ;)
Good luck on the rest of your visual arts journey :)

Thank you!!! Some people are still really unsure how to start but I just started with what I'm good at. I hope that these last 6 months will go semi smoothly (I know things will pop up unexpectedly).

Omg yass! Great job on your interview :)

Ooh did you just mention graduation trip? Where are you planning to go?

Spoiler
Also random question: do you have a studygram account?

I did mention a grad trip! We are planning on taking a cruise to New Zealand with my friends. We have to take one of my friends parents but they said they'd leave us alone to have fun. And yes I do have a studygram account, posting has been hard lately I want to make quality posts but these two first weeks have been tough. I'll get through it  ;)

Omg congratulations on your amazing mark, that's absolutely phenomenal!!

And omg that trip sounds so exciting, are you travelling on your own? I'm thinking of doing the same thing because my friends are unsure as to whether they're or out of my South East Asia trip HAHHAA

Oh wow! South East Asia sounds exciting! We had exactly the same problem when we started talking about it but four of us have confirmed that we are going. Sadly two of our friends couldn't come due to things on in December and problems with money but we hope to do something fun where money won't be an issue.

Caitlynk_22

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2018, 04:31:33 pm »
+4
This week has been absolute hell.

Okay. I'll start with the after school holiday... Not only have I been working my ass off to get costs and where we are going sorted out but I have also been dealing with all my friends changing plans. So right, on Friday we had almost everything sorted. There were four of us going and we were all "Yeah we are set and everyone agrees to the New Caledonia cruise instead!" so I legit thought everything was going to be fine.

Then, I get home on Friday afternoon and find a text from one of my friends in our holiday group chat and BAM "Oh guys I can't go because I'm going on too many other trips this year and it'll cost too much". At this point I'm thinking like 'what did you just say?'. I mean she could have told us before we started organising this? Then I'm thinking of all the different costings that'll have to change to have one less person and then another friend comes in, BAM "I don't really want to go if you're not going (Friends name)". At this point I was super super pissed and upset. I'd spent hours trying to get what we wanted and to get it cheap as well.

Then the second friend I'd talked about up there was like "Why don't we just do something cheaper like $200 per person or something." At this point I kept my mouth shut and closed the group chat in rage. They did not acknowledge the hard work I'd put into it and no one even apologised. Now the whole trip is off. The whole point of the trip is to spend money and have fun right? I felt it would be easier if my best friend, my parents and I went somewhere ourselves instead of having to work EVERYTHING out again. If everyone wanted the smaller trip then I wouldn't be organising it. Not again.

Sorry for sounding like a cow but to tell you the truth this always happens. It's like a flood. One drop of water falls and the rest just follow on afterwards leaving the few drop left. I was glad that this happened on a friday but boy was I in a bad mood for the remainder of the night.

This isn't all that happened in the past week... One of my other friends (Not going on the trip) purposely pushes people away for no reason and now she's done it to one of the girls who joined our group starting in year 11 last year. They were all happy and bestest of friends and everything changed. The friend that this happened to had no idea what she had done. I feel sorry for her, she had finally found someone in our group to really connect to and this happens. Why does there have to be so much drama in year 12? Why can't it be a smooth sailing ship?

I mean, I love my friends but come on.

Other than that, it has been a highly uneventful week relating to school and not wanting to go to English. We finally started Richard 3 which is OK and in maths we have almost finished the HSC content for the course. Art major is coming along well!

Sorry for the huge rant guys... this week has been tough and sometimes it just gets too much. You know?

Caitlynk_22

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2018, 05:18:19 pm »
+2
Hiii! After my huge rant yesterday I am back to talk about school.

Today I submitted three ancient history HSC questions to my teacher but I forgot to do the homework he assigned us over the weekend. Whoops!
I also forgot to email myself my engineering assessment that I started yesterday because I didn't realise we were doing it in class... whoops again.
We started doing revision in math and we did Locus again which I don't really remember doing in the first place. Luckily I think its quite easy!
We listened to Richard 3 in english today. I had to share with one of my friends who sat next to me today because she forgot hers but at the moment the play is quite interesting! It's a lot like Othello (We did it in year 11) where the evil character is so manipulative especially with Anne.
I had art today and it started raining! Thats a good thing! We havent had rain in a while. It started getting windy and the desk I have claimed for my hsc major is right next to the window. It was nice and refreshing after the morning was so awful and hot.

Hope everyone had a great day!  :)

kauac

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +291
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2018, 05:42:58 pm »
We listened to Richard 3 in english today. I had to share with one of my friends who sat next to me today because she forgot hers but at the moment the play is quite interesting! It's a lot like Othello (We did it in year 11) where the evil character is so manipulative especially with Anne.

Ooooh. I'm doing Richard 3 as well (and I also did Othello in year 11 haha!). We are just starting the mod, so I'm hoping it won't be too dry... But I did enjoy Othello, and from what you said, it sounds pretty cool, so finger's crossed!  ;)
2018: HSC

2019: Gap Year

2020-2024: B Science / M Nutrition & Dietetics @ USYD

Caitlynk_22

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2018, 08:18:56 pm »
+2
I honestly feel like I've been hit in the face with a brick.

We are graduating in November. We are almost done. 13 years of schooling coming down to the ATAR. I might be happy, I might be sad. Who knows. I hope I'm happy but I feel like that I haven't done enough so far.

I was in SOR1 today and our teacher asked us to do this HSC question. SOR1U is pretty much the subject I care the least about... but anyway. I realised I have to work for this, this counts toward my mark. If I don't like it, I will just have to keep studying. Last year I did hardly anything! I still got good marks and a good rank (To my teachers disappointment) but I didn't work hard enough. It was fourth period when I had an attitude change. Well, my teacher made me change my attitude because we weren't doing what we were supposed to. I know, I'm so bad! I realised that everything he was saying was right. I was there to get a good mark and a good ATAR, this did count and it mattered. It wasn't some subject to brush off like we all did in year 7, 8, 9 and 10. This really mattered and I wasn't working.

What the hell am I doing? I thought to myself. I want to do well. I want to get a good ATAR. What am I doing? Nothing. Why? Just because I hate the subject. IT COUNTS YOU IDIOT. WORK. I literally wanted to scream it at myself. Luckily it was lunch next period. Then Engineering where I couldn't concentrate because I was thinking about what I had really done in year 11 and term 1 of year 12. Yes, I had worked in the subjects I liked and wanted to get good marks in such as English, Ancient, Engineering, Math and Art (Pretty much every subject) but RE? Really? No. I want to turn this around.

This afternoon I spent 1hr 30 on an essay we have to write in SOR (Thankfully not an assessment) but I needed to work to stop worrying. I'm that type of person that gets something on their mind and it stays there until you satisfy its hunger (Is that a good analogy?). If I don't do enough study sometimes, I can't sleep (Especially in holidays) and if I still worry the night before the test I haven't studied enough.

I remember the one time in year 10 maths I got 100%. I was in the top class then (Still am in the top 2U class) and I remember going in feeling satisfied with whatever study I had done. Yes it was year 10 but math was one of my best subjects. Another time I went in feeling satisfied and got close to 100%.

Then I hilariously think back to year 11 beginners French where I totally fluked the yearly exam cause I didn't study very much (I dropped it for year 12) and got close to 95%. I hated french so much I wanted to fail but didn't? It's weird but I got 12/12 for a HSC question my teacher put in it. I came 4th in French (Out of 12 people). I really like learning languages but I was just annoyed by French. Maybe it was the teacher? Idk.

So in conclusion! I actually need to get my head in the game and start getting really serious with some of my subjects (Maybe it doesn't help with who I sit next to?) otherwise I will bring myself down and my mark. I want to get a good ATAR and I want to get into UoN and I WILL!

*Whispers* Get your arse into gear Caitlyn. You can do it *Whispers*

Caitlynk_22

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2018, 08:34:02 pm »
+1
OH. And tomorrow is my birthday 😊 so hopefully something happy to be about tomorrow! Sadly not turning 18 but Ill get my Ps soon! (soon as a month or two)

Poet

• MOTM: JUN 18
  • Part of the furniture
  • Love. ~she/they
  • Respect: +2790
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2018, 08:42:12 pm »
Heya Caitlynk_22,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FOR TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Glad to see you're doing well and hitting yourself in the face with metaphorical bricks (that IS a good thing..?). And hey, who cares if you're turning 18 or not? It's still a huge milestone in your life, and we wish you the very best from over here in Victoria. ;D ;D ;D
Thoughts are only thoughts.
They are not you. You do belong to yourself,
even when your thoughts don't.

Dealing with Year 12 - Put Your Mental Health at the Forefront
A Little Guide to Healthy Eating

fantasticbeasts3

• NSW MVP - 2018
  • Part of the furniture
  • Im Moment studiere ich kein Deutsch :-(
  • Respect: +864
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2018, 08:54:19 pm »
happy birthday for tomorrow!!! i hope you have an awesome day. :-)
HSC 2017: English (Standard) // Mathematics // Modern History // Legal Studies // Business Studies
2018-2022: B International Studies/B Media (PR & Advertising) @ UNSW