Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 06:48:43 pm

Author Topic: Mada438 Does: Quotes!  (Read 1879 times)  Share 

Mada438

• Forum Leader
  • Skiing, motorcycle and travel fanatic
  • Respect: +399
Mada438 Does: Quotes!
« on: December 03, 2017, 07:49:30 pm »
+7
Hey guys so im going to make an effort to post quotes all the time for your inspiration!
Feel free to contribute your own quotes.
Let's inspire people and spread the happiness.
To start off, one of my personal favourites:
"A meaningful life is not about being popular, being rich, being highly educated or being perfect. Its all about being real, being humble, being able to share ourselves and touch the lives of those around us"
"Live life like a pineapple. Stand tall, wear a crown and be sweet on the inside"

"May you grow up to be righteous; may you grow up to be true. May you always know the truth and see the lights surrounding you. May you always be courageous, stand upright and be strong"

"Be fearless in the pursuit of what sets your soul on fire"

Advice for starting year 12
An open letter to my School Friends
Would 10 year old you be proud of who you are?

2020: Bachelor of Arts @ANU

zofromuxo

• Forum Leader
  • Everything you want is on the other side of Fear
  • Respect: +203
Re: Mada438 Does: Quotes!
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2017, 10:03:38 pm »
+3
"A meaningful life is not about being popular, being rich, being highly educated or being perfect. Its all about being real, being humble, being able to share ourselves and touch the lives of those around us"
Nice quote, but who said it?

Here are some quotes I'm pondering and even using in my life. These are all taken from the Tribe of Mentors by Tim Ferriss.
I recommend that when you read these quotes to not only take them at face value, but also to reflect to why they stand out to you or not.
Why is it relevant to you? How can you apply it in your life? Do you agree or disagree with it? An example of following this quote and an example you didn't?

Quote from: Bozoma Saint John
“We spend far too much time complaining about the way things are, and forget that we have the power to change anything and everything.”

Quote from: Janna Levin
"I used to resent obstacles along the path, thinking, ‘If only that hadn’t happened life would be so good.’ Then I suddenly realized, life is the obstacles. There is no underlying path.”

Quote from: Marcus Aurelius
“If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself, but to your estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.”

Quote from: Dita Von Teese
“You can be a juicy ripe peach and there’ll still be someone who doesn’t like peaches.”

Quote from: Amelia Boone
“No one owes you anything.”

Quote from: Andrew Ross Sorkins
“Things are never as good or as bad as they seem.”
A similar quote: "Hard choices, easy life. Easy choices, hard life." by Jerzy Gregorek

Quote from: Ingvar Kamprad
“You can do so much in ten minutes’ time. Ten minutes, once gone, are gone for good. Divide your life into ten-minute units and sacrifice as few of them as possible in meaningless activity.”
A similar quote:"Macro Patience, Micro Speed by Gary Vaynerchuk

Quote from: Jocko Willink
“Discipline equals freedom.”
I follow this as much as I can and always give it people to reflect over when they are struggling with life's challenges

« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 09:54:45 am by zofromuxo »
Jack of all trades, master of none.
Hence why i'm in all these different threads and boards.

Mada438

• Forum Leader
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2017, 10:26:12 pm »
+2
Nice quote, but who said it?

Here are some quotes I'm pondering and even using in my life. These are all taken from the Tribe of Mentors by Tim Ferriss.
I recommend that when you read these quotes to not only take them at face value, but also to reflect to why they stand out to you or not.
Why is it relevant to you? How can you apply in your life?

A similar quote: "Hard choices, easy life. Easy choices, hard life." by Jerzy Gregorek
 A similar quote:"Macro Patience, Micro Speed by Gary Vaynerchuk
 I follow this as much as I can and always give it people to reflect over when they are struggling with life's challenges
I don't actually remember!
I love the first one, because it shits me when people complain about things that they can easily change
The 4th one is something i relate to-"Just be yourself. People won't like you, but you don't have to care"
I'm not sure i understand the ones by Andrew Ross Sorkins and Jerzy Gregorek.
Could you also explain your interpretation of the last one?
"Live life like a pineapple. Stand tall, wear a crown and be sweet on the inside"

"May you grow up to be righteous; may you grow up to be true. May you always know the truth and see the lights surrounding you. May you always be courageous, stand upright and be strong"

zofromuxo

• Forum Leader
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2017, 05:35:20 pm »
+1
Could you also explain your interpretation of the last one?
I'm assuming you mean "Discipline equals Freedom".

I interpret this with an example.

Lets say you want more free time in your life.
But how do you get more free time in your life? The answer lies with having a time management system designed to give you more free time.
Well then how do you follow this system? This is where the discipline aspect comes in. You need to be disciplined to follow the system, which in turns will allow you to have more free time in your life.

Mada438

• Forum Leader
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2017, 06:02:53 pm »
I'm assuming you mean "Discipline equals Freedom".

I interpret this with an example.

Lets say you want more free time in your life.
But how do you get more free time in your life? The answer lies with having a time management system designed to give you more free time.
Well then how do you follow this system? This is where the discipline aspect comes in. You need to be disciplined to follow the system, which in turns will allow you to have more free time in your life.
I actually love this! I'll try and apply it to my life!

zofromuxo

• Forum Leader
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2018, 03:05:37 pm »
Time. We all love to hate it.
"I need more time", "I don't have enough time" and "How does x person finish it in this y time?"

This is a common thread in life, but particularly in your final years of highschool.
The look for guides "Increase in productivity", "How to stop procrastinating" or "How to get more out of your day". So you can squeeze just that little bit more out of your time to get what you want.

I think all those guides have a place, but I haven't just had the same effect compared to the grandmaster on this topic. Who you wonder?

Seneca. A Roman Stoic Philosopher. He wrote a fantastic letter about this topic itself, which has been nicely summarized-------->Here. Click Me :D

I'll list the quote that has the biggest impact on me though from this letter.

Quote from: Seneca, On the Shortness of Life
"It is not that we have a short time to live, but that we waste a lot of it. Life is long enough, and a sufficiently generous amount has been given to us for the highest achievements if it were all well invested. But when it is wasted in heedless luxury and spent on no good activity, we are forced at last by death’s final constraint to realize that it has passed away before we knew it was passing. So it is: we are not given a short life but we make it short, and we are not ill-supplied but wasteful of it… Life is long if you know how to use it."

So when your going to complain about time. Remember this passage about it. As Laura Vanderkam said in her Ted Talk about time: "Even if we are busy, we have time for what matters. And when we focus on what matters, we can build the lives we want in the time we've got."

mod edit: fixed broken link
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 04:01:13 pm by insanipi »