Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 24, 2024, 01:37:19 am

Author Topic: Offers, Offers, Offers (important info)  (Read 4462 times)  Share 

EEEEEEP

• New South Welsh
  • Forum Leader
  • Resource Writer
  • Respect: +543
Offers, Offers, Offers (important info)
« on: November 16, 2017, 07:54:55 pm »
+10
(If you are reading this post right now.. November round 1 offers will have started to be released and many things in this post may or may not apply for you. This post will also apply for people in later rounds too =)))

1. Is it possible to defer a course offer?
-   Yes, It is =). When you enrol in a course, it will explain to you, how you can apply for a deferment.  You will need to give an explanation that outlines why and what you will be doing.

-   Once the deferment is granted, you’ll receive written confirmation.

2. Will all offers be exhausted in December?
-   No, offers will be made in January and February too.  Those who will receive their offer in January or later will not be disadvantaged.

3. Will there be a main round this year?
-   UAC changed how they will be doing offers this year (slightly) and thus will not follow last year's timeline.
-   No, offers will be made in December Round 2 (Thursday 21 December 2017) and January Round 1 (Friday 12 January 2018) and maybe January Round 2 (Wednesday 31 January).

4. When will SRS offers be released?
-   November, these will be released before December round 2.. (16 November 2017, 23 November 2017) .

5. How many offers per round can I have?
-   The maximum is one per round and that will be to the highest preference which you are competitive enough for.   Even if you are competitive enough for the second, you will not be given an offer for that.

6. Is it possible to hold onto an offer and see if you can get into another course?
Yes.
Students can:
-   Receive the first-round offer and accept it
o   As long as you’ve accepted the offer to this course, you won’t lose your place. If you receive another offer you can accept it and withdraw from the 1st offer... or just decline it.

-   Remove the preference (relative to the first offer)
-   Add another preference or re-arrange preferences
THIS IS A FAIRLY COMMON THING TO DO)

Example. Hannah is a Year 12 student who likes Animal Science, Life Science and Human Sciences. 

She got an offer for Animal Sciences (pref 2), but didn’t get an high enough ATAR for Life Science, thus got an offer for ANIMAL SCIENCE. Consequently, she accepts it.

After the first offer, she changed her second preference to Human Sciences as she also likes that too. She gets an offer that…

Hannah can… decline the offer OR withdrawal from the first offer and accept the new offer.

In image 2, Hannah can switch around the 1st and second preference in the "AFTER" image, but it wouldn't have made a difference.

6a. What do you mean by accepting an offer?
•   That means to enrol in the university, enter your details, make your table table etc.

7. If I reject an offer and then would like to get it back, is it possible?
-   It is not possible from UAC’s side, but it is possible for you to speak to the University’s admission office to see if they can reinstate the offer!

8. Should I accept my offer or wait to see if I get one in another round?
-   Do NOT ASSUME that you’ll get another offer in future rounds. If you don’t accept the first offer and don’t get another one in later rounds, you miss out on uni. It is BEST that you accept it and change your preferences.

9. When do I have to accept my offer by?
-   Read your emails and letters carefully. If you don’t accept the offer, it will expire.

10. What if I am overseas during the offer periods?
-   Allow someone else to accept it on your behalf by telling the university beforehand.

11. How can bonus points affect your chances of offers?
•   Bonus points raise the ranking (competitiveness) of your offer. E.g. If your course has a cut off of 89 and you received 78 (and are eligible for 12 points) … you would meet that cut off. Thus is makes it easier for you to make your offers.
….
Information from:
http://www.uac.edu.au/documents/schoolink/Changes_2018_admissions.pdf
http://www.uac.edu.au/undergraduate/faq/offers.shtml
http://www.uac.edu.au/undergraduate/offers/receive.shtml

Good luck everyone and I hope you get into the course of your dreams =) =)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 08:01:43 pm by EEEEEEP »

MisterNeo

• MOTM: MAY 2017
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +454
Re: Offers, Offers, Offers (important info)
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2017, 08:23:54 pm »
+1
Can you accept more than one offer? I’ve heard some people say that you can accept as many as you like but only the one you ‘enrol’ in will matter when the census date comes around. I’ve accepted my SRS without having to enrol, so it only saves a spot for me in the uni.

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • "All models are wrong, but some are useful."
  • Respect: +2575
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2017, 08:29:08 pm »
+1
Can you accept more than one offer? I’ve heard some people say that you can accept as many as you like but only the one you ‘enrol’ in will matter when the census date comes around. I’ve accepted my SRS without having to enrol, so it only saves a spot for me in the uni.
Because you can always be given another offer (for a higher preference) later on, yes you can always accept as many as you like. Given that you've already accepted one now, if you are provided another offer later you can certainly choose to accept that one as well.

However, before the teaching session officially starts you should cancel any accepted offers for universities and/or programs you do not wish to stay enrol in

EEEEEEP

• New South Welsh
  • Forum Leader
  • Resource Writer
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2017, 08:41:10 pm »
Yes you can accept more than 1 offer. You can accept one >> remove it from your preferences >> replace with another course (in order to see if you'll get another offer. You did the right thing by saving a spot, that's the best course of action.

Your friends are correct.

The census date is the date where all enrollment items (Details, HECS-HELP arrangements) must be completed by or your enrollment will be cancelled.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 08:43:38 pm by EEEEEEP »

biancafischer99

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2017, 12:30:14 pm »
Once you’ve accepted an offer is it possible to defer it or do I just need to wait for a new offer to delete it?

EEEEEEP

• New South Welsh
  • Forum Leader
  • Resource Writer
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2017, 12:37:39 pm »
Once you’ve accepted an offer is it possible to defer it or do I just need to wait for a new offer to delete it?
Hi!

Offers can definitely be deferred. This can only be done after you accept and enroll in the course =)

What do you mean by delete?

pvee123

• Adventurer
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2017, 11:17:52 pm »
If we never applied for SRS, can we still receive an offer? (my biggest regret of year 12 is not applying for SRS).

EEEEEEP

• New South Welsh
  • Forum Leader
  • Resource Writer
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2017, 11:36:34 pm »
If we never applied for SRS, can we still receive an offer? (my biggest regret of year 12 is not applying for SRS).
Yes you can =). Anyone can get offers, SRS spots are just certain (not all =))allocations that universities give to people who have had bad financial or personal circumstances.

You will just have to wait until December round 2 to get your offer (as long as you get above or close enough to the cut off ATAR).
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 11:39:48 pm by EEEEEEP »

lilliana.rose

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2017, 03:08:55 pm »
For offers per round, is it one offer per university or one offer in general?

Natasha.97

• NSW MVP - 2017
  • Forum Leader
  • ~
  • Respect: +667
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2017, 03:21:39 pm »
+1
For offers per round, is it one offer per university or one offer in general?

One offer in general :)
Life is weird and crazy as heck but what can you do?

ayylmaolad

• Adventurer
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2017, 09:02:29 am »
Hey, so i accidentally began the enrolment process for a uni but haven't put in HECS info and stuff, will this stop me from receiving offers on UAC?

Potatohater

• Forum Leader
  • All the world's a stage & this is my improvisation
  • Respect: +302
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2017, 06:33:30 pm »
Hey, so i accidentally began the enrolment process for a uni but haven't put in HECS info and stuff, will this stop me from receiving offers on UAC?

No, you can still get one offer per round if you are eligible, regardless of if you have accepted previous offers
HSC 2017: Advanced English [85] General Maths [92] Biology [96] Geography [92] Drama [86]

2018: Bachelor of Arts and Advanced Studies at University of Sydney

-- need a tutor for any of the subjects listed above?? I reckon I'm the girl! Just message me on ATAR notes or here--