Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 07:50:25 pm

Author Topic: Bee(a) buzzing through the hsc  (Read 28740 times)

beatroot

• HSC LECTURER
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +1566
Re: Bee(a) buzzing through the hsc
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2017, 04:45:24 pm »
+7
August 28, 2017

Today's the day that the body of work is to be submitted to the board of studies/nesa/whatever they're called now.

- I had to fill out 45 tags that needed our student number, school number, expressive form, title of work and the number of pieces. This took me waayyyyyy too long because I had 45 canvasses that needed a tag each.
- My VAPD was also submitted
- Had to put butcher's paper in between the canvasses (so that the paint didn't rub off), wrap all 45 canvasses in bubble wrap and brown paper. Though I had to get my friend to do it instead because my teacher thought I did a horrendous job wrapping ;D ;D

I decided to document the process through pictures (included in the attachment), just in case people who don't do visual arts were wondering what the submission process looked like.
Which will hold greater rule over you? Your fear or your curiosity?

Please note that I am no longer active on the forums.
If you need any assistance, please message an admin or a natmod instead.

beatroot

• HSC LECTURER
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2017, 09:38:39 pm »
+7
August 29, 2017

- kinda proud that i'm nearly done with completing the 2001 hsc paper for maths. like when i answer past papers for maths, i usually get lazy and stop at question 13. don't know where this energy suddenly came from  ;D i've only got two more questions to go before i can move onto the 2002 one.
- got the trial papers back for art and discussed the artworks in class.
- feel so guilty for not doing any work in ancient history. we've literally been learning about houses in pompeii for the last three lessons and it's draining the life out of me. can't we move on to a different syllabus dot point? the class is so BORED. i'll see if i can do something productive in tomorrow's double ancient class. apparently we're getting our papers back.
- my maths tutor wants to see my trial papers, which i refuse to show him because i'm so ashamed of my mark. i feel like that i have disappointed him  :'(

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2017, 11:23:57 pm »
+3
my maths tutor wants to see my trial papers, which i refuse to show him because i'm so ashamed of my mark. i feel like that i have disappointed him  :'(

No good tutor will ever be disappointed in your marks, provided you and they know you have given it the best effort you possibly could have given. To move forward and improve you need to acknowledge your shortcomings, and your tutor will be one of your best resources to handle those in the right way! Seriously, show them, you'll be better for it in the long run, it is what they are there for ;D

Awesome work on the Maths paper!! Doing 2001-2016's exams will set you up so well for the HSC, if you can do it ;D

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • "All models are wrong, but some are useful."
  • Respect: +2575
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2017, 11:33:57 pm »
+2
August 29, 2017

- kinda proud that i'm nearly done with completing the 2001 hsc paper for maths. like when i answer past papers for maths, i usually get lazy and stop at question 13. don't know where this energy suddenly came from  ;D i've only got two more questions to go before i can move onto the 2002 one.
Wait till you get to Q16. That shit is hard.

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2017, 11:35:59 pm »
+3

Omg the farmhouse one right? Wtf even was that question!

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • "All models are wrong, but some are useful."
  • Respect: +2575
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2017, 11:36:58 pm »
+3
Omg the farmhouse one right? Wtf even was that question!
Apparently the committee that wrote that question got fired because of it :P

beatroot

• HSC LECTURER
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2017, 10:12:05 am »
+4
No good tutor will ever be disappointed in your marks, provided you and they know you have given it the best effort you possibly could have given. To move forward and improve you need to acknowledge your shortcomings, and your tutor will be one of your best resources to handle those in the right way! Seriously, show them, you'll be better for it in the long run, it is what they are there for ;D

Awesome work on the Maths paper!! Doing 2001-2016's exams will set you up so well for the HSC, if you can do it ;D

My tutor wants me to bring in my trial papers next week so that we can work on the questions that I got wrong. He's a good tutor and I just want to make him proud ;D .

I just jinxed myself, didn't I? ;)

beatroot

• HSC LECTURER
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2017, 09:08:48 pm »
+7
August 30, 2017

Just realised it's been a week since I started this board  ;)  ;)

double ancient | FINALLY moved onto a new syllabus dot point, the influences of greek and egyptian culture in pompeii and herculaneum. really liked this topic because we've studied greek history before and i really like egyptian history.

i had this conversation with my ancient history teacher earlier.

me: i feel so bad for xerxes because in section three i said that he was a good guy. then in section four, i threw him under the bus.
my teacher: don't worry about xerxes, he's dead!

i had other subjects today but nothing interesting happened. just the usual revision.

« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 11:00:57 pm by beatek »

beatroot

• HSC LECTURER
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2017, 07:19:29 pm »
+5
Not really an official entry, but look I got a new username!! What do you guys think? I got this nickname back in Year 7 ;D .

Edit: Nearly forgot to mention but I handed in my short story (for my film portfolio) to my English teacher and the Adv/Ext.1 English teacher at my school today. Just want to see how two different English teachers think of my story. (It's also my creative story for Discovery ;) )
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 07:26:51 pm by beatroot »

beatroot

• HSC LECTURER
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2017, 07:04:55 pm »
+6
september 1, 2017

- got my short story back from BOTH english teachers (it was really quick marking). the adv/ext 1. english teacher said that my writing has improved so much. while my english teacher said that it was too long for the discovery short story. had to tell her it was for my uni portfolio and that i wasn't planning on memorising SIX pages for paper one ;)
- got my trial marks for my society & culture paper and what can i say?? (oh god it was terrible, think my teacher was a bit disappointed). for conformity and non-conformity, apparently i just kept rambling and ranting about the nazis instead of addressing the question :-\ lost my rank as well oops

september 2, 2017

- went to the aftt open day. campus was a lot smaller than i expected. like really small. staff and students were super super nice and enthusiastic. got a lot of free food hahah. learnt about the diploma in screen and media. it's a very practical course. they have workshops that students work on each day, such as scriptwriting, lighting, camera and even a sex & violence workshop! ... all the tutors already work in the australian entertainment industry, which is pretty cool.
- i didn't end up going to the unsw open day, even though it's my backup plan if i don't get into a film school. oops. i kinda feel guilty for not going. wished i went to the AN meet up! but i had to buy my dad a father's day gift instead.
- had to go back to school (from 6pm-10:30pm) for a school/community event. the year below me hired me to take photos for the night. it was really fun taking photos!!

september 3, 2017
besides celebrating father's day of course, i started the "visual arts essay marking " and "visual arts question" threads. pretty excited to mark essays and answer questions for my favourite subject  ;D  ;D
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 10:06:45 pm by beatroot »

beatroot

• HSC LECTURER
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2017, 02:33:57 pm »
+9
big news
as jamon mentioned, my article got published, which is pretty cool and exciting!! it was soo fun writing this article. so massive shoutout and big thanks to jamon for giving me this opportunity !!!!  :D  :D
more news
i had my interview with aftt this week and got accepted! super super super excited that i've secured a place at aftt. though this doesn't mean i'll neglect my hsc and my atar (i don't want my marks to drag those who want to attend university). also i'm still trying to aim for aftrs. but in case i don't get accepted at aftrs *knocks on wood*, at least i know i always have a safety net to fall back onto. 

Natasha.97

• NSW MVP - 2017
  • Forum Leader
  • ~
  • Respect: +667
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2017, 02:36:42 pm »
+4
big news
as jamon mentioned, my article got published, which is pretty cool and exciting!! it was soo fun writing this article. so massive shoutout and big thanks to jamon for giving me this opportunity !!!!  :D  :D
more news
i had my interview with aftt this week and got accepted! super super super excited that i've secured a place at aftt. though this doesn't mean i'll neglect my hsc and my atar (i don't want my marks to drag those who want to attend university). also i'm still trying to aim for aftrs. but in case i don't get accepted at aftrs *knocks on wood*, at least i know i always have a safety net to fall back onto. 

OH MY GOSH CONGRATULATIONS!!!  ;D ;D ;D
Life is weird and crazy as heck but what can you do?

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2017, 07:37:48 pm »
+5
big news
more news

INSANE!! Congratulations Bea, it would be such a comfort that you have an avenue, takes the pressure off, fingers still crossed for AFTRS :)

Love this community, so proud of you and I've never even met you ;D

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2017, 08:43:37 am »
+4
big news
more news

Congratulations! And great article. ;)

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

beatroot

• HSC LECTURER
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2017, 10:13:18 am »
+5
OH MY GOSH CONGRATULATIONS!!!  ;D ;D ;D

Thank you so much <3

INSANE!! Congratulations Bea, it would be such a comfort that you have an avenue, takes the pressure off, fingers still crossed for AFTRS :)

Thanks so much Jamon! It feels great without the pressure of having to get a certain ATAR. Still hoping I'll get into AFTRS though!!! (Really don't want to jinx myself though. knocks on wood)

Love this community, so proud of you and I've never even met you ;D

It'll be super cool if we had a NSW AN meetup ;) Like during the school holidays, right before the HSC?

Congratulations! And great article. ;)

Thank you!!!! :D