Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 23, 2024, 05:09:48 pm

Author Topic: Ask your questions about ATARNotes here!  (Read 112933 times)

Sumaiyah

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Re: Ask your questions about ATARNotes here!
« Reply #90 on: February 20, 2018, 11:52:30 pm »
Hi,
Just wondering where and how to post questions about a specific topic, say ' How to write a language analysis'?
Thank you

PhoenixxFire

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • They/them/theirs
  • Respect: +3102
« Reply #91 on: February 21, 2018, 05:51:41 am »
+12
Hey,
If you scroll down on the home page you will see different tabs. You clicked on the first tab under administration to get here, called 'New Users Lounge'. If you scroll down a little bit you will see a blue heading that says 'VCE stuff'. Below that are a few different options, click on the one that says 'VCE' then 'English studies' then 'VCE English and EAL'

This is the screen you will see

The area in red shows how you have navigated through the site (which tabs you clicked on). To ask a question you can either post in the 'VCE english question thread' (that's the first post) - This is for small questions. If you want to ask a question like the example you gave you should click on the blue button at the top (i've circled it in green) to start a new topic.

This is the link directly to the English board.

Also there is a video in the post here that shows you how to navigate around the site.

The screen will look a bit more spread out if you're on a computer - I'm on mobile, but it's otherwise the same.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 05:53:21 am by PhoenixxFire »
2019: B. Environment and Sustainability/B. Science @ ANU
2020: Just Vibing
2021: B. Paramedicine/B. Nursing @ ACU Canberra

Snickitty

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #92 on: February 28, 2018, 12:51:56 pm »
Is there a way to save threads to some sort of favourites? That way I can go back and access it later, at the moment i'm just keeping them in tabs  ;D

K888

• VIC MVP - 2017
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +2877
« Reply #93 on: February 28, 2018, 03:48:25 pm »
+1
Is there a way to save threads to some sort of favourites? That way I can go back and access it later, at the moment i'm just keeping them in tabs  ;D
Unfortunately there isn't at the moment, however you can always bookmark them in your browser!

snowisawesome

• Forum Leader
  • lebron james the goat
  • Respect: +20
« Reply #94 on: March 02, 2018, 06:45:30 pm »
If we asked a question on a thread and someone replied to it and then we asked another question and we havn't got a reply and it's been 10 days since we posted, then do we have to edit out post or can we post a new one?

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #95 on: March 02, 2018, 11:44:53 pm »
+3
If we asked a question on a thread and someone replied to it and then we asked another question and we havn't got a reply and it's been 10 days since we posted, then do we have to edit out post or can we post a new one?

You can post again :)

snowisawesome

• Forum Leader
  • lebron james the goat
« Reply #96 on: March 03, 2018, 08:37:17 am »
You can post again :)
Thanks ;D
Would we be allowed to post again if it was 7 days instead of 10?

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • "All models are wrong, but some are useful."
  • Respect: +2575
« Reply #97 on: March 03, 2018, 09:23:33 am »
+1
Thanks ;D
As a rule of thumb

- Anything below 2 - No. This will be treated as spam.
- Over 7 - That's fine, because you've waited long enough
- Anything between 2 to 7 - Depends. We'll treat it on a case by case basis.

kauac

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +291
« Reply #98 on: March 03, 2018, 10:46:14 am »
Hi...

Is there a way to opt out of all forum email notifications?

My inbox is always cluttered with these  :-\, and when I click on the email, it allows me to opt out of notifications for that particular thread, but not for all of the forum...
2018: HSC

2019: Gap Year

2020-2024: B Science / M Nutrition & Dietetics @ USYD

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • "All models are wrong, but some are useful."
  • Respect: +2575
« Reply #99 on: March 03, 2018, 10:47:27 am »
Hi...

Is there a way to opt out of all forum email notifications?

My inbox is always cluttered with these  :-\, and when I click on the email, it allows me to opt out of notifications for that particular thread, but not for all of the forum...
Profile -> Modify Profile -> Notifications -> uncheck all the boxes

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #100 on: March 03, 2018, 11:24:09 am »
Thanks ;D

There's really no rules here - Like, I like Rui's breakdown above I guess, but really just use your common sense! Like, the forums are pretty much just like a regular room full of people chatting. Bumping a post is sort of like bringing up a topic you already talked about.

If you bump stuff a lot, you become that person that always brings up the same topic and everyone's like, "Uh, for God's sake ______ you bring this up all the time." So yeah, like - There's no rules around it, we sort of just trust people to understand when things become annoying :)

snowisawesome

• Forum Leader
  • lebron james the goat
« Reply #101 on: March 03, 2018, 11:47:38 am »
There's really no rules here - Like, I like Rui's breakdown above I guess, but really just use your common sense! Like, the forums are pretty much just like a regular room full of people chatting. Bumping a post is sort of like bringing up a topic you already talked about.

If you bump stuff a lot, you become that person that always brings up the same topic and everyone's like, "Uh, for God's sake ______ you bring this up all the time." So yeah, like - There's no rules around it, we sort of just trust people to understand when things become annoying :)
Thanks Jamon ;D
Had another question, do you know if it is possible to attach screenshots onto atar notes?
Also, is there a limit to the number of times we're allowed to post in different threads post after post?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 11:50:04 am by snowisawesome »

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #102 on: March 03, 2018, 11:49:52 am »
Thanks Jamon ;D
Had another question, do you know if it is possible to attach screenshots onto atar notes?

Yep, in the window where you write your post (not the Quick Reply window, the proper one that appears when you hit 'Preview' or 'Reply'), there is an option below the text window to add screenshots and attachments ;D

Useless Spectator

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #103 on: March 20, 2018, 07:06:50 pm »
+1
Hey!

I've just uploaded some notes and want to upload some more. However, when submitting, ATAR notes bugged out. I want to see if the notes I submitted went through before I continue but don't know where to check to find out.

Also, can I put my notes into a 'playlist'? I usually make a word document per topic or test so I want to upload each one and let people click something to find the full set.

I'm also a little confused over the 'Unit' setting. From what I understand WACE sorts Semester 1 Year 11 as Unit 1, Semester 2 Year 11 as Unit 2, Semester 1 Year 12 as Unit 3 and Semester 2 Year 12 as Unit 4. So when the options only provided Stage 1, Stage 2 and Stage 3 I was quite confused... I think this must be the format used by SACE and VCE and was hoping someone could tell me what they equate to.

Thank you!

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #104 on: March 20, 2018, 07:18:07 pm »
+1
Hey!

I've just uploaded some notes and want to upload some more. However, when submitting, ATAR notes bugged out. I want to see if the notes I submitted went through before I continue but don't know where to check to find out.

Also, can I put my notes into a 'playlist'? I usually make a word document per topic or test so I want to upload each one and let people click something to find the full set.

I'm also a little confused over the 'Unit' setting. From what I understand WACE sorts Semester 1 Year 11 as Unit 1, Semester 2 Year 11 as Unit 2, Semester 1 Year 12 as Unit 3 and Semester 2 Year 12 as Unit 4. So when the options only provided Stage 1, Stage 2 and Stage 3 I was quite confused... I think this must be the format used by SACE and VCE and was hoping someone could tell me what they equate to.

Thank you!

Hey! Welcome to the forums - Love that you are helping us build our library of WACE Notes! ;D

- Notes pending approval can only be seen by the admins. I see one file from you, "Critical Analysis - Compare and Contrast Structure.docx" - Sorry that it bugged out! I've seen the server have a quick and tiny hissy fit if a lot of people are online :)

- Every note you upload will have your username attached, and yep, there's an option to see all the notes you have uploaded :)

- I'm pretty sure WACE is Stages 1-3 (and also P-Stage units that sort of lead into Stage 1, as is my understanding). I don't know much but I can't see any Stage 4 courses in the WACE curriculum :)