Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 07:14:46 pm

Author Topic: How to hide exam discussion  (Read 917 times)

PhoenixxFire

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • They/them/theirs
  • Respect: +3102
How to hide exam discussion
« on: October 30, 2019, 12:12:00 am »
+11
Hey!

As I'm sure many of you will have noticed, a new board has popped up for 2019 exam discussion - this board. Some of you may be very eager to discuss your exams afterwards, however I also know that there will be some people who do not want to see this and for whom this discussion will potentially be upsetting/anxiety inducing.

This isn't a perfect solution - this will only stop threads from popping up when you click on unread replies - these threads will still be visible and accessible from the forum homepage. However, for those of you who want to avoid this discussion as much as you can, there is a way to block boards, which is outlined below. Feel free to send me a message or reply to this if you have any trouble with it.

Step 1.
Click on your profile, you should see a screen like this.

Step 2. Hover your cursor over "modify profile" and click "ignore boards options" as shown in the screenshot below.

Step 3. Select the boards you wish to block. This is the tricky bit - you'll have to scroll down a bit to find "VCE exam discussion 2019." It'll be under the heading "VCE stuff" after all of the subject pages however it can be easy to miss as there's a lot of boards on this page - some of which aren't actually visible from the forum homepage anymore.

Note: Despite it seeming otherwise, I doubt that checking the box for "VCE exam discussion 2019" will also block all of its sub boards - it'll probably only block threads posted in that board directly (like this thread!). To block threads about specific exams/all exams you'll need to check the boxes beside each board that you want to block.

For those of you who do wish to engage in exam discussion - please respect the wishes of those who don't want to be part of it and keep all discussion relating to the exam/difficulty/potential solutions/etc to the relevant exam board only.
2019: B. Environment and Sustainability/B. Science @ ANU
2020: Just Vibing
2021: B. Paramedicine/B. Nursing @ ACU Canberra

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
Re: How to hide exam discussion
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2019, 10:29:53 am »
Great post - thanks PF. 👍

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.