Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 18, 2024, 10:58:41 pm

Author Topic: Business Management: Discussion, Questions & Potential Solutions  (Read 20300 times)

vceme

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +20
Re: Business Management: Discussion, Questions & Potential Solutions
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2018, 10:27:30 pm »
With maslow question
I said that physiological needs were not being met because "they were working long hours"
Anyone else say the same thing

I interpreted it as working long hours meaning they were getting enough wage/salary to access basic needs

This is what I did

Operations- inputs, outputs and processes
-Inputs
Through sourcing inputs locally, shows concern for local economy
Operations manager may choose to source overseas due to being cheaper
-Processes
Engaing in the processes of recycling and removing waste, shows concern for environment
May not want to engage in environmentally friendly process, as it is costly
-Outputs
Quality outputs, shows concern for consumer
May not do this because it is costly

HR- establishment, maintenance and termination
-Establishment
Employ a wide variety- age, race gender as it shows concern for employees
May not want to engage in this, may be time-consuming to hire a variety
-Maintenance
Provision of training, shows concern for personal growth
May choose not to do this because it is costly
-Termination
Outplacement and financial services, shows concern for wellbeing
Not doing this because it is costly

Is this ok?

it sounds okay! sounds like you wrote it quite detailed, though could of weaved in the financial performance part
Graduated in 2018. Top 5%.

Zaljc

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +7
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2018, 11:03:24 pm »
I interpreted it as working long hours meaning they were getting enough wage/salary to access basic needs
it sounds okay! sounds like you wrote it quite detailed, though could of weaved in the financial performance part

I feel like with the 10 marker, u couldn’t name more than two CSR issues. Coz there was a limiter of two. That means VCAA takes ur first two examples of CSR (e.g. Minimise carbon footprint and reduce workplace accidents) but they don’t mark additional ones said after that, even for if you wrote one for a different function.

That was the annoying thing about the 10 marker. You were so limited with the things that u can talk about :(

No discuss or compare questions too, idk what even happened
2017- Biology

2018- Chemistry, English, Methods, Physics & Business Managment

Heyyyy

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2018, 11:52:34 am »
what level of the hierarchy were the emeployees from the Maslow question in? i think i said the wrong thing and i was wondering how many marks i would lose if i did.

Little Miss Cocopops

• Trailblazer
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2018, 11:55:22 am »
what level of the hierarchy were the emeployees from the Maslow question in? i think i said the wrong thing and i was wondering how many marks i would lose if i did.
What did you say?

Heyyyy

• Adventurer
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2018, 11:59:06 am »
What did you say?

i said social needs as they were working long hours and didn't have time for friendships lol

Heyyyy

• Adventurer
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2018, 12:01:40 pm »
Are there any sample solutions to the exam out yet?

Little Miss Cocopops

• Trailblazer
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2018, 12:04:41 pm »

i said social needs as they were working long hours and didn't have time for friendships lol

With this question you could say either physiological or social and then just explain your answer.
Physiological- poor working conditions as had to work long hours, hence due to this employees at 123 childcare unmotivated
Social- similar to what you said, having to work long hours meant they had a lack of time to socilise with others and form satisfying and meaningful relationships

I went for physiological, however I am sure that as long as you explained the social level you will be fine :)

Little Miss Cocopops

• Trailblazer
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2018, 12:05:23 pm »
Are there any sample solutions to the exam out yet?
Not that I am aware

Heyyyy

• Adventurer
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2018, 12:14:55 pm »
I first explained what finance was, including how it guides the financial decision making of the business by preparing and planning financial information like budgets. I then proposed a csr consideration of adopting green energy technology.
I explained the positive implications, eg less carbon footprint and energy consumption. I then said finance can decide to allocate funds to investment in green energy technology, as it can attract customers, hence increase revenue and thus achieve objectives of making profit.
Afterwards, I said however, the business may not have the funds to allocate investment into green technology, and therefore finance’s decision making won’t be impacted as they will need to rather invest in more unhealthy and cheaper ways of recovering energy (incineration)

I then explained humans resources. I proposed a csr consideration of downsizing staff through technology. I said hr can reallocate employees to a different role in the business instead of being retrenched, to maintain it’s  “positive contribution” to employment opportunities. Although, I then said if the senior management insists technology is critical to sustaining business growth, hr will be compelled to enforce their decision and retrench employees where no job reallocations are available and therefore this considerations impact on their decision making is limited

for the ten marker i talked about two different csr pressures, then formed the answer around those.
the first was the enviornment which i talked about local suppliers and linked to finance and budgeting
then i also talked about pressures from employees such as flexible working conditions and linked to HR

i may have accidently talked about three areas of management responsibility through talking about local suppliers (operations) so i'm probably not going to do as well as i hoped

Heyyyy

• Adventurer
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2018, 12:16:57 pm »
could the maslow question have been safety needs?

Heyyyy

• Adventurer
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2018, 12:27:23 pm »
you didn't have to do both advantages and disadvantages for the ten marker right?

i just did advantages of the csr strategies that i chose in regards to influencing  decision making

petersenge

• Adventurer
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2018, 01:59:37 pm »
For the 6 mark Maslow question, I defined Maslow's Theory, and then explained how each of the needs can be satisfied to motivate employees. Were we meant to only stick to one need?

Heyyyy

• Adventurer
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2018, 02:47:01 pm »
For the 6 mark Maslow question, I defined Maslow's Theory, and then explained how each of the needs can be satisfied to motivate employees. Were we meant to only stick to one need?

it looked like the question was supposed to be marked holistically. most poeple stuck to one need but as long as you linked it to the case study to motivate employees you shoud still get the marks

Little Miss Cocopops

• Trailblazer
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2018, 02:50:26 pm »

Fantastic that you defined it and then explained how it worked.
You then had to mention what level of need was not being met (e.g. physiological needs). After this you then had to explain how 123 childcare could fulfill this need not being met.  Following this you would mention that once that level of need has been met (whatever level of need you chose), higher order needs would become more significant in motivating employees. This is where you would explain how all the other levels of need can be satisfied by 123 childcare.

You seem to be in the right direction :)
Hope this helps

Rich3331

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2018, 03:18:44 pm »
+1
you didn't have to do both advantages and disadvantages for the ten marker right?

i just did advantages of the csr strategies that i chose in regards to influencing  decision making

The questions key skill was analyse the ability of two csr considerations to impact decision making. Generally there has to be a degree of examining how it won’t impact decision making.