Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 06:35:51 am

Author Topic: VCE Business Management Question Thread!  (Read 228148 times)  Share 

lala1911

Re: VCE Business Management Question Thread!
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2013, 05:54:52 pm »
I recently had the Ventnor Eco-Tourist one, but I had 50 minutes to do it - felt like I did really well, but there was some random question that we didn't learn because I have had a substitute teacher for the entire start of Unit 4, asking us to define management by objectives or something.

Previous SAC before that, I learnt everything on the morning of the SAC, and got 92%. Kind of dropkicking busman now lol.
Yeah I had a sub too. Was your first SAC on Telstra?

ukface

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
  • School: Boganville
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2013, 10:12:44 pm »
Yeah I had a sub too. Was your first SAC on Telstra?

Honestly couldn't tell you - as soon as I finish my SAC, I try and shut off completely to stop thinking about it.

But since you brought up that name, it reminded me of the resort one and it was about some CEO or something being fired for misconduct in public.

Next SAC is employee relations. No clue what that even is. (MONDAY WEEK).

lala1911

« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2013, 10:20:34 pm »
Honestly couldn't tell you - as soon as I finish my SAC, I try and shut off completely to stop thinking about it.

But since you brought up that name, it reminded me of the resort one and it was about some CEO or something being fired for misconduct in public.

Next SAC is employee relations. No clue what that even is. (MONDAY WEEK).
It seems like a hard topic, I'll need to start studying for it.

EspoirTron

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +82
  • School Grad Year: 2013
« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2013, 10:03:27 am »
Hey guys, I thought I'd ask, what is everyone up too within the course and what organisation has everyone been studying throughout the year?
2012-2013: VCE
2014-2016: Bachelor of Biomedicine at Monash University

lala1911

« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2013, 01:45:11 pm »
We haven't studied an organisation at all. We only just finished SAC 1b.

academicbulimia

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +4
  • School: some really crap country school
« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2013, 01:54:25 pm »
We haven't studied an organisation at all. We only just finished SAC 1b.
Same, we've got 1c this week and then only 1 more SAC:O
I think we're covering our organization after this SAC :)
2012: Psychology~Biology
2013:Chem~Methods~BusinessManagment~English
[UMAT 96%tile]

götze

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +3
  • School: St Johns Regional College
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2013, 06:46:40 pm »
Explain the importance of effective employee relations within an organization and how it can aid in achieving organizational objectives and Explain the role of the government in employee relations
cheers guys

damoz

« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2013, 05:47:11 pm »
Our SAC for Outcome 1 is on Friday. Its one big SAC for all the chapters. For those using Essential, it's 8-11 for us. :( Really wish that my teacher split it up into three, instead of one big SAC.

It's gonna be marked out of 50. Anyone did a similar SAC style like my upcoming SAC?

janson34

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2013, 09:17:24 pm »
all done for aos 1....
full marks for both sacs (a+b) together and (c) seperate

just finished all coursework in terms of chapters for chapters 13,15,17,18 and now starting practice exams as of this weekend... let the games  begin.

lala1911

« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2013, 01:17:52 am »
Explain why an employee requires communication and negotiation skills to resolve conflict in an organisation.
 :-X

academicbulimia

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2013, 11:49:58 am »
+1
Explain why an employee requires communication and negotiation skills to resolve conflict in an organisation.
 :-X
Communication: good communication skills help build trust, support positive negotiations and help with the timely resolution of disputes. As information is adequately passed from the parties involved in the dispute, allowing their sides of the dispute to be heard, and with this info a conclusion can be met which is properly understood and communicated between the two parties.
Negotiation: is a process off discussion and bargaining between two or more people, with the aim of resolving conflict and arriving at a mutually agreeable outcome to produce a satisfactory agreement on a course of action. Therefore use this skill to resolve disputes as it helps to meet this  satisfactory agreement, stopping the prolonging of conflict in the workplace.  8)
[UMAT 96%tile]

lala1911

« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2013, 12:04:44 pm »
Communication: good communication skills help build trust, support positive negotiations and help with the timely resolution of disputes. As information is adequately passed from the parties involved in the dispute, allowing their sides of the dispute to be heard, and with this info a conclusion can be met which is properly understood and communicated between the two parties.
Negotiation: is a process off discussion and bargaining between two or more people, with the aim of resolving conflict and arriving at a mutually agreeable outcome to produce a satisfactory agreement on a course of action. Therefore use this skill to resolve disputes as it helps to meet this  satisfactory agreement, stopping the prolonging of conflict in the workplace.  8)
Thanks, very helpful and your answers are clear for a noob like me to understand.

Last one, do you know the relationship between Employee relations, HR and business strategy and objectives?
My response just doesn't seem like a full mark answer.

academicbulimia

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2013, 02:31:56 pm »
+1
Thanks, very helpful and your answers are clear for a noob like me to understand.

Last one, do you know the relationship between Employee relations, HR and business strategy and objectives?
My response just doesn't seem like a full mark answer.
Haha I guess that's a good thing!! hey no one here is a noob :P
That was the question in my sac yesterday, haha this is what I wrote:
Employee relations (the total interaction between employees and employers in respect to establishing the working conditions of employment) is linked to HR function as they are directly involved in interacting with employees, using the business strategies of negotiating employment agreements with employees and their representatives, training other managers and supervisors to facilitate the implementation of agreements within their areas of responsibility, dealing with disputes and conflict that may arise during the life of an agreement and ensuring the implementation of all key terms of agreements to create positive employee relations.  In turn giving the best chance at meeting the organization's objectives, as employees are a valuable asset of an organization, therefore creating positive employee relations increases productivity and gives the best chance towards business success.
Something like that. dunno if it's worth full marks though :P
[UMAT 96%tile]

lala1911

« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2013, 02:34:41 pm »
Haha I guess that's a good thing!! hey no one here is a noob :P
That was the question in my sac yesterday, haha this is what I wrote:
Employee relations (the total interaction between employees and employers in respect to establishing the working conditions of employment) is linked to HR function as they are directly involved in interacting with employees, using the business strategies of negotiating employment agreements with employees and their representatives, training other managers and supervisors to facilitate the implementation of agreements within their areas of responsibility, and ensuring the implementation of all key terms of agreements to create positive employee relations, dealing with disputes and conflict that may arise during the life of an agreement.  In turn giving the best chance at meeting the organization's objectives, as employees are a valuable asset of an organization, therefore creating positive employee relations increases productivity and gives the best chance towards business success.
Something like that. dunno if it's worth full marks though :P
Very nice thanks. We may have the same SAC!
Was yours:
1) Analysing awards.. collective agreements.. industrial action.. something else
2) Relationship between HR, relations, business strategy/objectives
3) Compare centralised and decentralised ER
4) The roles of a HRM in ER
5) Two skills needed to resolve conflict

academicbulimia

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2013, 02:35:45 pm »
Very nice thanks. We may have the same SAC!
Was yours:
1) Analysing awards.. collective agreements.. industrial action.. something else
2) Relationship between HR, relations, business strategy/objectives
3) Compare centralised and decentralised ER
4) The roles of a HRM in ER
5) Two skills needed to resolve conflict
Yesss how do you have this info??? :P
[UMAT 96%tile]