Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 03:55:38 am

Author Topic: Bachelor of Biomedical Science/Bachelor of Engineering  (Read 768 times)  Share 

Evolio

• MOTM: MAY 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +485
Bachelor of Biomedical Science/Bachelor of Engineering
« on: September 27, 2020, 01:39:06 pm »
Hi everyone.

I was wondering whether the double degree Bachelor of Biomedical Science/Bachelor of Engineering satisfies the pre-requisite subjects for graduate Medicine at Monash Uni and so will allow you to try for Graduate Medicine?

Also, I'm not 100% sure how double degrees work. So, are you basically completing two degrees at the same time?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2020, 01:40:51 pm by Evolio »

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
Re: Bachelor of Biomedical Science/Bachelor of Engineering
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2020, 01:53:12 pm »
+4
Hi everyone.

I was wondering whether the double degree Bachelor of Biomedical Science/Bachelor of Engineering satisfies the pre-requisite subjects for graduate Medicine at Monash Uni and so will allow you to try for Graduate Medicine?

Also, I'm not 100% sure how double degrees work. So, are you basically completing two degrees at the same time?
Yeah it does cover the pre-requisites. The website says double degrees are included. https://www.monash.edu/medicine/som/grad-entry/entry

Double degrees is where you are simultaneously studying and completing two degrees however the workload is the the exact same as single degrees (unless students decide to overload/underload). Double degrees are shorter than the sum of the length of both the two degrees because double degree students don't get electives so you are kind of completing the other degree within the elective spaces of each other.

Evolio

• MOTM: MAY 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +485
Re: Bachelor of Biomedical Science/Bachelor of Engineering
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2020, 08:36:41 pm »
Ahh, thank you so much Sine!